Poll: Who wins the 5A Championship?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
90.91%
John Hardin
9.09%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. John Hardin (5A State Championship)
AllenCountyPride Wrote:Well, let's revisit my post. I said JC kept the game fairly close. In my humble opinion, if JC can go to Fort Thomas and keep the game within three touchdowns like they did, then they done pretty darn good. I don't really call this Highlands team beating a team like JC (again, no disrespect to JC) by 21 "putting them away".

What I am saying is John Hardin is a better team than Johnson Central in my opinion. And if Highlands can only beat JC by 21 at home, then John Hardin should be able to keep the game from being a blowout as well.

Congrats on you're big undefeated season. Congrats on beating Cincy St. X once again. You all deserve a big pat on the back. Us outside fans haven't paid our dues in repeatedly congratulating you all on your unstoppable juggernaut. :zzz:

Listen, this '09 Highlands team is the best team in the state of Kentucky and one of the best in the nation, but my opinion and anyone else's shouldn't be shot down just because we predict this game to be within a three-touchdown range.

Highlands could easily win by six touchdowns, but my prediction is by less than three touchdowns. If you don't like it, then ignore it.

Highlands vs. JC? Wasn't that a long time ago?:zzz:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I'm over the whole JC thing also. It's time to move on and get over it on another thread.....:biggrin:

Actually wacky, I was going to give you a compliment. You did at least acknowledge your immaturity and state that it was finally time for you to grow up. I wonder if Wcat has any plans of following suite? It's kinda time for him as well.
AllenCountyPride Wrote:Well, let's revisit my post. I said JC kept the game fairly close..

With 13 seconds to go in the game, it was 42 - 14, NOT fairly close.
AllenCountyPride Wrote:Well, let's revisit my post. I said JC kept the game fairly close. In my humble opinion, if JC can go to Fort Thomas and keep the game within three touchdowns like they did, then they done pretty darn good. I don't really call this Highlands team beating a team like JC (again, no disrespect to JC) by 21 "putting them away".

What I am saying is John Hardin is a better team than Johnson Central in my opinion. And if Highlands can only beat JC by 21 at home, then John Hardin should be able to keep the game from being a blowout as well.

Congrats on you're big undefeated season. Congrats on beating Cincy St. X once again. You all deserve a big pat on the back. Us outside fans haven't paid our dues in repeatedly congratulating you all on your unstoppable juggernaut. :zzz:

Listen, this '09 Highlands team is the best team in the state of Kentucky and one of the best in the nation, but my opinion and anyone else's shouldn't be shot down just because we predict this game to be within a three-touchdown range.

Highlands could easily win by six touchdowns, but my prediction is by less than three touchdowns. If you don't like it, then ignore it.

I can live with your opinion.:Thumbs: Thanks for sharing.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think John Hardin's sze and speed will create some difficulty for Highlands. JH's best defense in this game will be their ball control offense. I honestly can't see anyone in the state in any class going toe to toe with Highlands in a shootout, the only way I see anyone beating Highlands is to execute on offense, control the clock, not to beat themselves with penalties and turnovers, and limit posessions. If JH can control the clock and limit Highlands to 5-7 total posessions they stand a chance.

I'll say that JH cannot do this though, but if there is any team in 5A who has a chance to pull it off I think it is John Hardin.

Highlands 36
JH 21

EKU, what can you tell us about JH's size on O and D?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually wacky, I was going to give you a compliment. You did at least acknowledge your immaturity and state that it was finally time for you to grow up. I wonder if Wcat has any plans of following suite? It's kinda time for him as well.

to each his own.....
It appears that Hardin is the Northern Kentucky equivalent of a Ryle or Conner. Highlands will have a tough game but should win by 2-3 TD's in the end.
Highlands names the score.
charlie22 Wrote:EKU, what can you tell us about JH's size on O and D?

Bigger and stronger than Johnson Central on offense, more athletic on defense.
Highlands by 30
Look at JH's record and then look at their schedule. They played Molly Putts atleast 5 times this season.

Highlands has played a very tough schedule against some formidable teams.

Highlands Rolls and wins by 4 TD's.
qryche11 Wrote:Look at JH's record and then look at their schedule. They played Molly Putts atleast 5 times this season.

Highlands has played a very tough schedule against some formidable teams.

Highlands Rolls and wins by 4 TD's.

Their ONE and only quality opponent was Bowling Green and they accidentally beat them.

According to Massey, JH played three, KY top 50 teams, #12 Bowling Green, #39 Meade County and #43 Nelson County. (avg winning margin in those games: 13.3 points)

Highlands played nine KY top 50 teams, #9 Ryle, (twice) #16 Manual, #30 CovCath, #32 Johnson Central, #34 Dixie Heights, (twice) #35 Boone County and #48 Pulaski County. In addition they played Ohio's #2 St Xavier (they beat KY St X and Trinity) and #49 Cincy Withrow. (avg winning margin in those games: 25.6 points)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bigger and stronger than Johnson Central on offense, more athletic on defense.

They may be more athletic on defense, but I do not believe bigger and stronger on Offense than JC. They will be more balanced on offense than JC, but who isn't.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bigger and stronger than Johnson Central on offense, more athletic on defense.

EKU, I'm just curious as to how someone who lives in Georgia is able to keep up with so many different teams in Kentucky and be able to describe in detail what their strong and weak points are? How could you get to see any of them play, and if you cant actually watch them, how could you know the intricate details concerning any of them? When was the last time you actually have seen Johnson Central play? Not trying to be smart or anything, just wondering where you get your information.
I don't see the best team in the state losing this game!

Highlands-45
John Hardin-24
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I just asked a simple question there smart guy. If you dont want to answer the question, then dont. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you dont even want to read them, then just dont. Go on to the next post. It's as simple as that. I really dont care what your smart alleck, arrogant opinion is on anything anyways. I was asking some of the Highlands posters who have acted like they have a little sense about themselves on here to begin with. Given that being part of the criteria, disqualifies yours.

Again...JC has nothing to do with Highlands/John Hardin so why even bring them up in this thread?

If you're that worried about how JC stacks up with the other 5A teams, start a thread. You're the only JC fan that continues to bring them up in every Highlands discussion. Sorry but it just gets kind of old.

As far as your last senence, you may want to look in the mirror. You get defensive and start questioning others if anyone says something that doesn't praise JC, such as EKU's comment that Hardin is bigger/stronger than JC offensively and more athletic defensively.
highlands....
kywldcat01 Wrote:Again...JC has nothing to do with Highlands/John Hardin so why even bring them up in this thread?

If you're that worried about how JC stacks up with the other 5A teams, start a thread. You're the only JC fan that continues to bring them up in every Highlands discussion. Sorry but it just gets kind of old.

As far as your last senence, you may want to look in the mirror. You get defensive and start questioning others if anyone says something that doesn't praise JC, such as EKU's comment that Hardin is bigger/stronger than JC offensively and more athletic defensively.

Again there smart guy, I'll write what I want, where I want, and when I want. If you dont like what I post, dont read it!!!!!! If what I post is grossly off topic, I'm sure there is a mod out there that is more than capable of taking care of that problem. This aint your own personal little thread, there bud, and that aint your call. As a matter of fact, there was a mod who even participated in the talk, and he is a Highlands fan too. Must not have been too much off topic, huh?

As far as being defensive, I'm not being defensive on anything. I was not asking for praise about anyone from anyone. I have not brought JC up in any other Highlands thread, either. Find one where I have. It's usually always the other way around concerning Highlands with you. The same question could be asked concerning EKU's knowledge of Boyd County, Lexington Catholic, Highlands, or any other team in the state. Just asking how that someone who lives in the state of Georgia is able to know so much about any team that comes into converstion without (I'm only asuming) ever seeing any of them play. Evidently he has access to, or is a part of some sort of a scouting network, because he is usually in the ballpark with his statements. It's quite evident he is very knowledgable concerning Ky. high school football. I wasn't being smart and I wasn't being critical, and I think I made that quite known in my original post. I was just curious as to how he obtains his information. It was an inquiry, not a statement.

I now see that there is a thread to discuss this very subject so now you can have this one all to yourself to continue on with your own personal little arrogance trip. Perhaps you can even ask the questions now, and then answer them right back? I'm sure you can have a blast all by yourself, if need be. Cant get any better than that, can it? Have a goodun, and good luck next week!!!
qryche11 Wrote:Is there any way they can ask John Hardin to play Trinity and let St. X play Highlands for the State Title and a loser leave town match? LOL

Highlands could beat Trinity and Highlands in my opinion. They are the best team in the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
highlands wins another
Could this be the first game since St. Xavier that the Highlands 1st team offense and defense will get to play an entire game? I sure hope so. With Bardo, Collinsworth, Drennan, Buten, and Fennell playing the entire game, there is no way the Birds lose this one.
I just heard from the Big Guy, Don Weber, that the state championship game will not be aired in it's entirety this year. They will, however, have "extensive" highlights of the game on the Sports Page show. If my ears aren't deceiving me, I would have to say this is a joke! .... So they will air an entire semifinal game between SK and St. X. but will not replay the state game between Highlands and Hardin? That's horrible. Anyway, tell all your pals who are hoping to watch it on t.v. that they had better make the trip if they want to watch this one.........
Highlands will have no problems in this game. They win big.
Will be a interesting game. Are they playing Saturday or Friday?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Will be a interesting game. Are they playing Saturday or Friday?

Friday night.
I have not seen JH play so I can not give a good solid prediction. Highlands is a very good team and Collinsworth is the real deal. Highland is a well coached, fundamtnally sound team that makes few mistakes and makes you pay for the ones you make. That being said, outside of Collinsworth there is not that much speed. If JH is atheletic and has speed they could cause some match up problems, but it will be very hard for anyone to beat this Highlands team, I think this will be their year, again.
MonsterMan Wrote:That being said, outside of Collinsworth there is not that much speed.

:lmao:Collinsworth isn't the fastest player on the team. He's great with the football, but not a burner. If you key on him, what do you do about Fennell and Bardo? Streeter is also an option, but his unfortunate tendency to put the ball on the ground has kept him from seeing much playing time lately.
Yeah, big and slow. That's Highlands.:eyeroll:
Highlands will probably pull this out but it will be no "cake walk". JH is the goods. If Highlands is ahead at halftime, they will be tough to beat by any team in Kentucky. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is dead even going into the 4th qtr. May the best team win.......
MonsterMan Wrote:I have not seen JH play so I can not give a good solid prediction. Highlands is a very good team and Collinsworth is the real deal. Highland is a well coached, fundamtnally sound team that makes few mistakes and makes you pay for the ones you make. That being said, outside of Collinsworth there is not that much speed. If JH is atheletic and has speed they could cause some match up problems, but it will be very hard for anyone to beat this Highlands team, I think this will be their year, again.

showing your ignorance, Collinsworth is not the fastest on the team.
The No.17 Bulldogs lead Class 5-A in scoring (40 ppg) and scoring defense (8.8 ppg). Quarterback Alex Dingle has passed for 1,752 yards and 24 TDs with just five interceptions. Landon Savoy (1,066 yards, 13 TDs) and Michael Wright (779 yards, 11 TDs) are the top running backs, and Jeremy Harness (40 catches, 665 yards, six TDs) is the top receiver

Here's some info for all the Bluebird fans this coming friday........