Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands vs. John Hardin (5A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and predictions?
I have a feeling Highlands throws another title trophy in the case easily

HHS 42
JHHS 17
HHS in a running clock game for the Title
Alright I seemed to have misplaced my brain cells tonight, could someone add a poll to this one for me also? Thanks, sorry Im not starting threads with polls anymore ha
Stardust Wrote:HHS in a running clock game for the Title

I won't go that far, but I'll take Highlands in a game that's much the same as the past two years. 35ish-17ish.
JH's regular season schedule was pitiful with only 3 teams with a winning record (7-5 Doss, 8-3 Bullitt, and 6-5 Central Hardin). The rest of the teams records were, 0-9,6-6,2-8,6-6,2-9,0-10,2-9. JH has not see anybody the likes of HHS. HHS wins this game with relative ease in my opinion.
Highlands is an unstoppable force!

HHS 35
JHHS 7
Highlands won the state title when they beat JCHS.
Is there any way they can ask John Hardin to play Trinity and let St. X play Highlands for the State Title and a loser leave town match? LOL
qryche11 Wrote:Is there any way they can ask John Hardin to play Trinity and let St. X play Highlands for the State Title and a loser leave town match? LOL

Do not be surprise if Trinity beats St X for the 6A title.
Highlands 35-21 with fumbles or Highlands 49-14 with a perfect game. People are telling me about this Hardin offense and how it will give Highlands trouble. Come on, I don't see it happening. They're going to have to break AC's legs to take him out of this one.....Highlands all the way.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Highlands won the state title when they beat JCHS.

A little of topic here brown77, but have you ever thought about who Johnson Central has been paired up against and what the results have been in the last 10 years, when it comes to playing in state tournaments?

2000 (boys basketball) beaten in quarterfinals by Etown....eventual state champs.

2004 (baseball) beaten in semifinals by Christian Co....eventual state champs.

2006 (boys basketball) beaten by Jtown in opening round...eventual state champs.

2006 (football) beaten by CovCath in state semi-finals....eventual state champs.

2007 (baseball) beaten by Paul Laurence Dunbar in opening round...eventual state champs.

2008 (football) beaten by Fort Thomas Highlands in regional championship game....eventual state champs

2009 (football) beaten by Fort Thomas Highlands in regional championship game.....more than likely eventual state champs.

I know you have to beatem all to be the champs, but how about just once getting a draw or getting paired against someone other than an eventual state champion in the early rounds of anything? ......LOL
[QUOTE=sstack] JH's regular season schedule was pitiful with only 3 teams with a winning record (7-5 Doss, 8-3 Bullitt, and 6-5 Central Hardin). The rest of the teams records were, 0-9,6-6,2-8,6-6,2-9,0-10,2-9. JH has not see anybody the likes of HHS. HHS wins this game with relative ease in my opinion.

If that happens would Johnson Central be considered as the 2nd best team in 5A this year, at least by Highland's fans perspective anyways? Or is there someone else that they would consider as that? Just wondering what their views of what the pecking order would be?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[QUOTE=sstack] JH's regular season schedule was pitiful with only 3 teams with a winning record (7-5 Doss, 8-3 Bullitt, and 6-5 Central Hardin). The rest of the teams records were, 0-9,6-6,2-8,6-6,2-9,0-10,2-9. JH has not see anybody the likes of HHS. HHS wins this game with relative ease in my opinion.

If that happens would Johnson Central be considered as the 2nd best team in 5A this year, at least by Highland's fans perspective anyways? Or is there someone else that they would consider as that? Just wondering what their views of what the pecking order would be?

I already claimed last weeks game versus JC as the state championship game.
Highlands wins this game no doubt. They're just that much better than anyone this year. I picked Bowling Green to beat John Hardin based on John Hardin's weak schedule. In making a horse racing comparison there are times when horses successful in running in weaker competition step up and run well against what are deemed more talented horses. The bottom line for me is that John Hardin will not lose because of a weaker schedule, but will lose simply because they're playing IMO a much better team.
NCC41 Wrote:Highlands wins this game no doubt. They're just that much better than anyone this year. I picked Bowling Green to beat John Hardin based on John Hardin's weak schedule. In making a horse racing comparison there are times when horses successful in running in weaker competition step up and run well against what are deemed more talented horses. The bottom line for me is that John Hardin will not lose because of a weaker schedule, but will lose simply because they're playing IMO a much better team.
:Thumbs: I agree. Playing a strong schedule helps a team prepare for close games - if they play any close games. If Pulaski County had played a stronger schedule, the Maroons would have entered last night's game with a worse record but the end result, including the margin of loss would have been similar. Strength of schedule is a great tool for comparing win-loss records and predicting outcomes but playing a strong schedule will not turn a solid team into a great team.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[QUOTE=sstack] JH's regular season schedule was pitiful with only 3 teams with a winning record (7-5 Doss, 8-3 Bullitt, and 6-5 Central Hardin). The rest of the teams records were, 0-9,6-6,2-8,6-6,2-9,0-10,2-9. JH has not see anybody the likes of HHS. HHS wins this game with relative ease in my opinion.

Unless JH really surprises alot of people next week, JC would be considered the 2nd best 5A team by many. JC would have had their way with Pulaski Co. If Pulaski was in Highlands district, they would get beat by Cov Cath, Dixie and Scott would give them a run to stay out of the cellar.
Fort Thomas Highlands
6 classes of football is ridiculous. WATERED DOWN !!!!
I agree with Mr. Kimball. Are you guys saying that Johnson Central is the second best team in 5A? JC gave the Birds the best team a 5A team has given them all season. My point being, I don't see why everyone is counting out John Hardin. Their offense is as great as everyone is saying. I could see it giving Highlands some problems.

No one is saying that John Hardin is going to pull the upset (I hope not at least). Lighten up people. No disrespect to Johnson Central, but they did keep the game fairly close the entire game and I don't even think they are ranked in the top 10 in 5A (not saying they shouldn't be). That being said, you people don't think John Hardin can keep it just as close?

I'll predict a Blue Bird win by 17.

Good luck to both teams.
What does Johnson Central have to with HIGHLANDS vs JOHN HARDIN?!? Absolutely nothing. Who cares who the second best team in 5A is.

As for the thread topic and game, I like the Birds in this one. JH will have some athleticism on both sides of the ball but I think eventually the Birds depth wears them down. Dale won't hold anything back in this game so don't be surprised to see a few new wrinkles. Possibly a HB pass from Bardo to Collinsworth??

Birds bring home #19.

Highlands 42
John Hardin 14
Birds win two more titles in this one. The varsity will get one for the 1st half and the JV will get one for the second half. Congrats.
Fort Highlands: 56
John Hardin:21
Highlands will probaly win.
AllenCountyPride Wrote:I agree with Mr. Kimball. Are you guys saying that Johnson Central is the second best team in 5A? JC gave the Birds the best team a 5A team has given them all season.

Ask me next Saturday. And I wasn't all that impressed with JC this year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:What does Johnson Central have to with HIGHLANDS vs JOHN HARDIN?!? Absolutely nothing. Who cares who the second best team in 5A is.
As for the thread topic and game, I like the Birds in this one. JH will have some athleticism on both sides of the ball but I think eventually the Birds depth wears them down. Dale won't hold anything back in this game so don't be surprised to see a few new wrinkles. Possibly a HB pass from Bardo to Collinsworth??

Birds bring home #19.

Highlands 42
John Hardin 14
I just asked a simple question there smart guy. If you dont want to answer the question, then dont. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you dont even want to read them, then just dont. Go on to the next post. It's as simple as that. I really dont care what your smart alleck, arrogant opinion is on anything anyways. I was asking some of the Highlands posters who have acted like they have a little sense about themselves on here to begin with. Given that being part of the criteria, disqualifies yours.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Ask me next Saturday. And I wasn't all that impressed with JC this year.

That I can live with. I wasn't asking anybody to be a JC cheerleader in any way, shape, form, or fashion. And I was not trying to prop them either. From somebody that has not seen all of the other major 5A teams play, I just wondered where they fit in. That's all. They seemed to up to this point given Highlands the most competetive game that anybody has in 5A this year, so I dont think my question was either unreasonable, or out of line.Thanks at least for your honest opinion, Dig it. Honest opinions were all I was asking for to begin with. Heck, I wasn't even asking anybody if they were impressed with them or not. Like I said, I just wondered where there fit in the state pecking order.
I think John Hardin's sze and speed will create some difficulty for Highlands. JH's best defense in this game will be their ball control offense. I honestly can't see anyone in the state in any class going toe to toe with Highlands in a shootout, the only way I see anyone beating Highlands is to execute on offense, control the clock, not to beat themselves with penalties and turnovers, and limit posessions. If JH can control the clock and limit Highlands to 5-7 total posessions they stand a chance.

I'll say that JH cannot do this though, but if there is any team in 5A who has a chance to pull it off I think it is John Hardin.

Highlands 36
JH 21
AllenCountyPride Wrote:I agree with Mr. Kimball. Are you guys saying that Johnson Central is the second best team in 5A? JC gave the Birds the best team a 5A team has given them all season. My point being, I don't see why everyone is counting out John Hardin. Their offense is as great as everyone is saying. I could see it giving Highlands some problems.

No one is saying that John Hardin is going to pull the upset (I hope not at least). Lighten up people. No disrespect to Johnson Central, but they did keep the game fairly close the entire game and I don't even think they are ranked in the top 10 in 5A (not saying they shouldn't be). That being said, you people don't think John Hardin can keep it just as close?

I'll predict a Blue Bird win by 17.

Good luck to both teams.

First off, JC did not keep the game close ( close for a half, then put away early in 2nd half). Next you talk about JH offense being so good; but they will going up agianst the best defense in the state. And if people are not talking about JH's defense being great, then they are in trouble. Look at the stats from Fridays game and see how many weapons Highlands has on Offense. They can not win in a shoot out agianst HHS even if Highlands D was not able to stop them (which they will). And yes, I do not think they will keep it close(maybe for a half and then Highlands puts it to them).
I'm taking the Birds by 4 TD's in this one.

Good luck to both!
sstack Wrote:First off, JC did not keep the game close ( close for a half, then put away early in 2nd half). Next you talk about JH offense being so good; but they will going up agianst the best defense in the state. And if people are not talking about JH's defense being great, then they are in trouble. Look at the stats from Fridays game and see how many weapons Highlands has on Offense. They can not win in a shoot out agianst HHS even if Highlands D was not able to stop them (which they will). And yes, I do not think they will keep it close(maybe for a half and then Highlands puts it to them).

Well, let's revisit my post. I said JC kept the game fairly close. In my humble opinion, if JC can go to Fort Thomas and keep the game within three touchdowns like they did, then they done pretty darn good. I don't really call this Highlands team beating a team like JC (again, no disrespect to JC) by 21 "putting them away".

What I am saying is John Hardin is a better team than Johnson Central in my opinion. And if Highlands can only beat JC by 21 at home, then John Hardin should be able to keep the game from being a blowout as well.

Congrats on you're big undefeated season. Congrats on beating Cincy St. X once again. You all deserve a big pat on the back. Us outside fans haven't paid our dues in repeatedly congratulating you all on your unstoppable juggernaut. :zzz:

Listen, this '09 Highlands team is the best team in the state of Kentucky and one of the best in the nation, but my opinion and anyone else's shouldn't be shot down just because we predict this game to be within a three-touchdown range.

Highlands could easily win by six touchdowns, but my prediction is by less than three touchdowns. If you don't like it, then ignore it.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I just asked a simple question there smart guy. If you dont want to answer the question, then dont. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you dont even want to read them, then just dont. Go on to the next post. It's as simple as that. I really dont care what your smart alleck, arrogant opinion is on anything anyways. I was asking some of the Highlands posters who have acted like they have a little sense about themselves on here to begin with. Given that being part of the criteria, disqualifies yours.

I'm over the whole JC thing also. It's time to move on and get over it on another thread.....:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2 3