Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2010
Shelby Valley will be a lot worse next year. No doubt about it, and if you say otherwise you are extremely biased in some way.
I dont see a drastic downfall from what valley has done last year and in the past several years. The have some good players returning, expecially in the trenches. The may have lost several good players from last year team, but what was an inexperienced line last year becomes this years strength. I see them being able to ball control teams this year with reynolds (if he is as good as advertised) and a running back by committee set up, play action passes off there run plays will more than likely lead to the big plays they need. I can see 6-7 wins and another playoff victory for the second best program in pike county right now.
is there going to be any schedule changed for Shelby Valley.

They played Pike Central week one in the Pike County Bowl last season, and played East Ridge week 10 on senior night.

This season they play East Ridge in the PCB. So they will atleast have to pick someone new up week 10.
Iceboxx you seem to be on top of things, I figured you would know.........I heard Fort Thomas Highlands needed a game, and you guys would be a solid matchup......with the best team in the county, and a first class coaching staff and what-not.
central fan Wrote:Iceboxx you seem to be on top of things, I figured you would know.........I heard Fort Thomas Highlands needed a game, and you guys would be a solid matchup......with the best team in the county, and a first class coaching staff and what-not.

..........uhhhhh, Im speechless
and may i ask who you root for central fan???? Pike Central or Johnson Central
Well its a long story. Im really just a spectator of most 15th region teams but my true color is Orange.
Some rumors floating around that Norman won't be back next year. Any truth to this?
Is that by his choice or administration?
Uncle Fester Wrote:Some rumors floating around that Norman won't be back next year. Any truth to this?

where have you heard norman is suppost to go?
heard norman was heading to belfry as an assistant
sheriff Wrote:heard norman was heading to belfry as an assistant
Losing the coach would be a big loss for a small school like Valley. I think he just got there and had one of their best seasons. Why would he want to go to Belfry to assist?
He was from Belfry, and played there.
Foxtrot Wrote:Losing the coach would be a big loss for a small school like Valley. I think he just got there and had one of their best seasons. Why would he want to go to Belfry to assist?

thats not hard to understand why..
I think Valley will at best be 3-8.....but I'll predict 0-11......I really see no victories, except mabey East Ridge, or if they get Evangel Christian for there week ten game.
Alpha_Male Wrote:I think Valley will at best be 3-8.....but I'll predict 0-11......I really see no victories, except mabey East Ridge, or if they get Evangel Christian for there week ten game.

I'M not trying to make fun of you, but you seem ignorant. Are you just trying to get a rise outa someone??

Just for good measure, Ill go over the favorable Shelby Valley schedule.

East Ridge-W
Tug Valley-W
KCC-W
Lawrence-L
Bath-W
Leslie-W
Clintwood VA.-L
Morgan Co-W
P-Burg....to tough to call...but pburg has won like 10 straight, so ill take em.

Worst case that is 6-3....The other team is unknown
sheriff Wrote:heard norman was heading to belfry as an assistant

Coach Norman is not going to BHS.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I'M not trying to make fun of you, but you seem ignorant. Are you just trying to get a rise outa someone??

Just for good measure, Ill go over the favorable Shelby Valley schedule.

East Ridge-W
Tug Valley-W
KCC-W
Lawrence-L
Bath-W
Leslie-W
Clintwood VA.-L
Morgan Co-W
P-Burg....to tough to call...but pburg has won like 10 straight, so ill take em.

Worst case that is 6-3....The other team is unknown

With questions revolving around Norman heading to Belfry, and all they lose, I dont see them Beating KCC with Cobb and Co. coming in. It will be a toss up with Bath Co. Of course those are if Norman decided to leave. I dont see an upset happening aganist Prestonsburg. And about that last game of the season, well I'v heard SV will be makin a trip to Inez. Which I dont see them winning either.
East Ridge, KCC, Leslie, Bath and Morgan Co will all be toss ups.....which IMO Valley will probably not win.
I will give you the Tug Valley game....but 11 posters on here could suit up with no practice and have a running clock by the 4th quater.
I was not trying to get a rise out of anyone. I was just posting my opinion, on an opinion based site.
Alpha_Male Wrote:East Ridge, KCC, Leslie, Bath and Morgan Co will all be toss ups.....which IMO Valley will probably not win.
I will give you the Tug Valley game....but 11 posters on here could suit up with no practice and have a running clock by the 4th quater.
I was not trying to get a rise out of anyone. I was just posting my opinion, on an opinion based site.

What would make these games toss ups?

Morgan Lost everything off of a team wih 2 wins. Bath Co lost everything off of a team with 2 wins. East Ridge won 3 games last season, and return nothing. KCC won one game. Leslie won 3 games last season, two of which were against teams listed before.

Shelby Valley against Leslie twice, Bath, East Ridge, KCC and Morgan county was never even a ball game. I actually dont think you could've taken the best players off of all those teams, and beaten another good team last year.

The combined score of Shelby Valley vs. those teams were 288-34. What makes you belive that Shelby Valley will struggle against them?
Morgan was a young team and 2 years ago had one of the better middle school programs I have ever seen. I think the final of the Bath game was 49-0 with SV's JV not scoring at all. KCC now has Jay Cobb, one of the better coaches in the state. East Ridge will be considerably better talent wise and have an up and comming good coach in Brad Allen.
Last year was last year, Of those 288 pionts Valley probably lost near 260 of those points and 2 All-State defensive players along with the whole defensive line,both tight ends, 3 starters on the O-line, There WHOLE back field, and Dillon Hughes who was byfar there best secondary player....Logan Lucas will have to be the horse they ride next year, and IMO he is not the caliber of player that can do that. There best payers are Austin Kranzman, Dustin Huttenstien and Derek Hiatt who are all lineman who will have to play both ways. I just dont think 3 pretty good lineman and one decent skill player are gonna make SV a team with very many if any wins. Teams will almost score at will next year the second and third level defenders are not very talented with rhe exception of Logan Lucas who statistically will be their everything next year.......they do have some other players who will contribute like Lucas Fields, Austin Hampton, Matt May and Rusty Roberts. And Lucas is to small this year to be a featured back. Mabey next year he'll bulk up and be one of the main backs. Hampton is only a sophmore, Matt May just doesnt seem to have the work ethic, and Rusty has to little experience to be a star player. Brett Reynolds may be good but I never heard his name any last year at Paintsville.........but that is just my opinoin.
The Iceboxx Wrote:What would make these games toss ups?

Morgan Lost everything off of a team wih 2 wins. Bath Co lost everything off of a team with 2 wins. East Ridge won 3 games last season, and return nothing. KCC won one game. Leslie won 3 games last season, two of which were against teams listed before.

Shelby Valley against Leslie twice, Bath, East Ridge, KCC and Morgan county was never even a ball game. I actually dont think you could've taken the best players off of all those teams, and beaten another good team last year.

The combined score of Shelby Valley vs. those teams were 288-34. What makes you belive that Shelby Valley will struggle against them?

That takes away from 6 of Valleys 8 wins last year. Not exactly a good thing.
You seem awfully close to the program to know that much information about valley?? If they are your home school then u might need to start changing your opinion and support them... And if your from a rival school that valley had beaten up on in recent years there's no need to bash on this group of kids without knowing what there capable of.
Ask any coach in the state, and they will tell you that they would be more than grateful to return three starting Lineman. IMO the best recipe for a good offense is good lineman, and a smart QB. Shelby Valley will have both of these things next season.

That said, Logan Lucas is a two year starter on defense, and is coming off of a season where he recorded 81 tackles. He is more than physically capable of Running the football behind a good O-line. I've met Brett Reynolds, and he is gigantic. Painstville people will tell you he is built like a freak, 6'2" 205lbs.

I dont think that Shelby Valley will put up the same kind of numbers as last season, but come on guys. Unless youre from one those schools, you cant actally belive that theyre gonna beat up on Valley.
What offense is Cobb gonna run at KCC.

That spread passing game may not work at KCC, unless he steals some athletes off of the hardwood.
Did Valleys Center from this past season graduate? or is he back for another season?
once upon a time Wrote:You seem awfully close to the program to know that much information about valley?? If they are your home school then u might need to start changing your opinion and support them... And if your from a rival school that valley had beaten up on in recent years there's no need to bash on this group of kids without knowing what there capable of.

I know everything about sports. Im a fan of all mountain teams. Whom have they beaten up on in recent years other than East Ridge and Leslie. Thats just how I feel I'm not bashing anyone, and if I wanted to then thats on the Adminstrators.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Ask any coach in the state, and they will tell you that they would be more than grateful to return three starting Lineman. IMO the best recipe for a good offense is good lineman, and a smart QB. Shelby Valley will have both of these things next season.

That said, Logan Lucas is a two year starter on defense, and is coming off of a season where he recorded 81 tackles. He is more than physically capable of Running the football behind a good O-line. I've met Brett Reynolds, and he is gigantic. Painstville people will tell you he is built like a freak, 6'2" 205lbs.

I dont think that Shelby Valley will put up the same kind of numbers as last season, but come on guys. Unless youre from one those schools, you cant actally belive that theyre gonna beat up on Valley.

I never said BEAT UP Valley but a win against them is not far-fetched at all.
They return 2 startes on the O-line Austin Kranzman didnt start. Unless Valley is your team i dont think you could say they will continue there dominace.
Hey Alpha Male,thanks for at least saying I'm a contributing player.I might just be a sophmore,but I will still make the plays happen on the feild.Not only do we have 4 good players,but several.You will be supprised when season starts with the talent we have.
The Iceboxx Wrote:What would make these games toss ups?

I have to correct you on 3 things for the coming year that stand behind Alpha Boy:

1. Morgan lost mostly nothing off of last years team with a ton of talent coming up in the sophomore and freshman class. They did have a super middle school team (and were pretty darn good this year) and they are in the system and will be much better next year and improve each year.

2. Bath Co. lost nothing off last years team period. Their talent was in the freshman and sophomore class. They also had a strong middle school team that actually played Morgan for the conference title 2 years in a row. (I think they split). They will have a team lead by junior and sophomores. They to will be much better and will improve each year for several years.

3. Leslie can be thrown in there with the same situation as well. Young team. Young talent. Much better and improving over the coming years.

I only think Morgan may be a close game (with Morgan winning). I think Leslie and Bath win easily for a couple of years at least. Don't know as much about KCC or East Ridge but I know they will be compete. If your a small school like Valley (and everybody else in the area), you can't lose 19 seniors (+/-) and just replace them and not miss a beat. You have to be realistic and understand that it will take time. I am not saying they won't win a game but I feel that winning record would be a great accomplishment for this years team. 2-9 or 3-8 is where I think they will be, that is my opinion, and I wish them the best of luck playing the greatest sport there is.