Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2010
they lost a great senior class how will they do and who do they have returnin for them?
I look for Valley to be strong this coming season. They may lose a lot of talented seniors, but the new coach seems to have them on the right track.
They are fundementally sound.
They do not beat themselves.
They stay focused for the entire game, and do not panic when trailing.
They played with class, with no blaming refs or the other team of cheating.
The Valley program will be out of the rebuilding mold of past seasons, and play well with the students they have.
I agree. SV has come a million miles under the new coaching staff. Their last 2 games against Prestonsburg have been barn burners, and in spite of the fact that SV came out on the short end of both contests, their players all played with class. I will miss Tanner and the other SV players posting on here, as they gave good insight and showed what great young men they are.

The new staff has things on the right track, and the future is very bright for SV football. Their recent success will reap benefits in the future. Keep up the good work!
The greatest thing coming back for Shelby Valley.

Coaches. This season was a great sucsess when you consider the wall the wildcats were up against. Coach hired in july. New offense(WING-T-Wishbone) which are total opposites. Being familar with the coaching staff, and a good weightroom are the best things about Valley.
Vally, did have a great season this year, but one must consider the heavy loss they will suffer in the back-field. SV is a few seasons away from being established as a front runner, but with the loss P-burg will have..."Who knows", maybe SV will be the class of the county in 2A...
Shelby Valley lost alot of players.
( Can anyone say how many they lost)

I wish nothing but the best for the Wildcats
they lost 16 seniors but they will have 2 linemen comeing back and they will have a strong backfield with players like lucas fields rusty roberts and logan lucas to run the ball
They don't look like they'll be that bad. What does everyone think? I heard they was going to get some new players also?
It is hard to project what SV will do in 2010, they lost so many Srs off of the 2009 squad.

I know they had alot of kids out last year, and if additions come, they may be competitive.

What additions are they expecting? Transfers or kids from middle school?
I heard some transfers. Their jv was good wasn't they? They lost to letcher, Johnson central, and belfry once, right? They did lose alot of seniors. It'll be interesting to watch them play.
J.V. lost to Betsy Layne.
cat86 Wrote:I agree. SV has come a million miles under the new coaching staff. Their last 2 games against Prestonsburg have been barn burners, and in spite of the fact that SV came out on the short end of both contests, their players all played with class. I will miss Tanner and the other SV players posting on here, as they gave good insight and showed what great young men they are.

The new staff has things on the right track, and the future is very bright for SV football. Their recent success will reap benefits in the future. Keep up the good work!

Hey im not going anywhere lol, ill still be on here next year helping you all out with SV information and stuff.. But ill sure be on here, I just dont post as much on here unless its close to football season and then ill start burning it up again. Thanks for the compliment also. Ill cya around.
If anyone needs any information about SV, Message me and ill do what i can to help.
Valley should be a very good football team next year. I'm very excited to see what the new coach can do with these boys.
The Iceboxx Wrote:The greatest thing coming back for Shelby Valley.

Coaches. This season was a great sucsess when you consider the wall the wildcats were up against. Coach hired in july. New offense(WING-T-Wishbone) which are total opposites. Being familar with the coaching staff, and a good weightroom are the best things about Valley.

Im not the smartest in the world, but I never seen Shelby Valley run the wing t. Looked more like a flexbone and some more formations from it. As well with the wishbone.
Shelby valley will be down this year i believe.
They are losing sooo much talet, that wont be replaced in 1 year.
They are losing all 3 backs, QB, Both WR'S/TE's and 3 out of 5 Lineman

Not to mention one of the backs could be mention as All St, in BJ Roberts.
A Amazing Linebacker in Tanner Tackett and a All state Safety Dillion Hughes.

But some positivies for Valley is they, have a young quaterback in Zack Norman, and a good running back in Logan Lucas, with Lucas Fields also, and Rusty Roberts.
They are returning 2 good lineman which have played 2/3 years of varsity which is gonna help a new backfield that never has actually seen full time playing.

I can only see good things coming out from valley.
In 3-4 years with the younger class valley has 5&6th and 7&8th i would be watching out for Shelby valley in the near future.

Good Luck Valley.
SV seemed to compete very well last year at the Freshman and JV level, so they should be pretty good at the Varsity level this season. What's their schedule look like this coming season?
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Hey im not going anywhere lol, ill still be on here next year helping you all out with SV information and stuff.. But ill sure be on here, I just dont post as much on here unless its close to football season and then ill start burning it up again. Thanks for the compliment also. Ill cya around.
If anyone needs any information about SV, Message me and ill do what i can to help.

You guys sure had a good season! We will miss watching you guys play. How do you think SV will do this coming season, I mean you played for Coach Norman, will he have them ready? Seemed like you boys enjoyed playing for him!
Hustle Wrote:You guys sure had a good season! We will miss watching you guys play. How do you think SV will do this coming season, I mean you played for Coach Norman, will he have them ready? Seemed like you boys enjoyed playing for him!

Thanks dude, But i do believe they'l have a decent year next year, Coach norman knows what hes doing out there and he'll have them working hard, Im not going to say there going to win state because i dont know about the other teams and how much they lost, But SV isn't going to have a terrible season like everyone thinks. Norman knows were to put everyone and were everyone needs to line up yet... I haven't checked out Sv's scheldule for next year, But coach norman is a good coach and i did like playing for him.. Think about it, We (SV football team) didnt have a coach until right before pike county bowl, So if you ask me, Coach norman did a great job in what little time he had being our coach, he had little time to work with us in the summer and we still had a pretty fair season i believe.
So with that said, he has that little time, AND this entire year before the season starts to work with these boys, Im sure he'll do fine out there!
SV lost there Whole back feild to graduation if im not mistaking, who will step up and fill those positions?
Shelby Valley will surprise people they are filled with many fast players and many strong players, there JV was pretty good this year i pretty sure they only lost 5 games, in my point of view they will have a decent year =D
:Thumbs:
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Thanks dude, But i do believe they'l have a decent year next year, Coach norman knows what hes doing out there and he'll have them working hard, Im not going to say there going to win state because i dont know about the other teams and how much they lost, But SV isn't going to have a terrible season like everyone thinks. Norman knows were to put everyone and were everyone needs to line up yet... I haven't checked out Sv's scheldule for next year, But coach norman is a good coach and i did like playing for him.. Think about it, We (SV football team) didnt have a coach until right before pike county bowl, So if you ask me, Coach norman did a great job in what little time he had being our coach, he had little time to work with us in the summer and we still had a pretty fair season i believe.
So with that said, he has that little time, AND this entire year before the season starts to work with these boys, Im sure he'll do fine out there!

He did a great job this year.. wished he would have let tanner run the ball more often.. he was by far the most important player on the team. Good season Tanner.
I dont think they will break 500. untill there 6th grade group is atleast juniors.
Hustle Wrote:SV seemed to compete very well last year at the Freshman and JV level, so they should be pretty good at the Varsity level this season. What's their schedule look like this coming season?

they played several Juniors on the JV team so you cant really judge on that.
Anyone know if Brett Reynolds wil be playing next year?
Great solid team defintly will be going to state again elisha hope the best at lousivile good luck
There's been rumors that Brett Reynolds will be playing for Valley next year.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:There's been rumors that Brett Reynolds will be playing for Valley next year.

He's living in Virgie with his cousin's parents. I would assume if he's going to play anywhere next year it would be Valley.
If Brett plays then they may have a pretty decent year next year. The year after that may be an OK year too but still in the 4-6 win range both years. Then it will be really bad for a couple of years. There 7th throu 10th grade group only has a few good players and is overall one of the weaker groups Valley has ever had. There 6th grade group is really special and I expect good things from them.
Brett is actually living with his aunt and uncle who are the parents of former SV qb Tyler Johnson, I've heard from several people in the community that brett has been activley involved in weight lifting with the team and many are expecting big things from him next year.
I think he may have to carry the offense. With Logan Lucas carring the defense.