Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis County 2010
Lion Wrote:I think the Power-I is taking Lewis County in the right direction. They have a bunch of big boys down there, and what better offense for them to go to work in. Now, I'm just wondering, who are the returning senior leaders at LC?

There are two different kinds of leaders. Those who speak with their play and lead by example, and those who have the mental aspect of being a true leader; and even those who have both. The leaders that can lead with both that will be seniors are Tylier McAdams, Jack Bane, and Garrett Lambert. Those who mostly lead by example are Laithon Davis, Zach Zornes, and Cody Stapleton.
Out of this six, who are people most going to pay attention to and follow the example that they set on the field as well as off of it?
It is great there is excitement in Lewis County this time of year. People are srarting to take notice the direction your program is going. Last season you gave the Belfry Pirates a scare in the playoffs, and gained some respect. I have talked to Coach Prater in years past. I remember when he played for Coach Robinson, how hard he wanted to win, not for himself, but the Coach and your community, your community should get involved with this team, I see a special year for your team. :Thumbs:
Lion Wrote:Out of this six, who are people most going to pay attention to and follow the example that they set on the field as well as off of it?
I would say they will pay most attention to Bane, because he's the QB, McAdams, because he has heart and he cares, and Lambert, because he is big, strong, and scary, simply put. Big Grin
old warrior Wrote:It is great there is excitement in Lewis County this time of year. People are srarting to take notice the direction your program is going. Last season you gave the Belfry Pirates a scare in the playoffs, and gained some respect. I have talked to Coach Prater in years past. I remember when he played for Coach Robinson, how hard he wanted to win, not for himself, but the Coach and your community, your community should get involved with this team, I see a special year for your team. :Thumbs:

Thank you, I see a special year as well, and not only next year, but the year after as well. Here's to LC football in turning the program around and not being the one people laugh at anymore.
Fleming County is getting a new coach this year...no one knows who it is yet. That decision will probably decided where Lewis ends up behind Mason and Russell.
LClion4life Wrote:If we can find consistency at QB, not superstardom, but consistency, we could actually go 6-4(we should beat west carter, knott central, powell, bath, nicholas, and magoffin) but i agree with what was stated earlier, we could do even better than that. Starting Offense should be(as of right now):

C- Nathaniel Lightner Jr.
G- Mike Mustard Jr.
G- Garrett Lambert Sr.
T- Brandon Smith Jr.
T- Tylier McAdams Sr.
TE- Dalton Carver Jr./Caleb Bolander Jr./Jonny Everman Jr.
WR- Corey Davis Jr./Zach Zornes Sr./Jarrett Parker Jr.
FB- Kasey Riley Jr./Dylan Sapp Jr.
WB- Kristian Conway Jr.
HB- Laithon Davis Sr.
QB- Jack Bane Sr.(if he is consistent, if not then Parker, Bolander, or Levi Clark So. could take his place)

Defense:

NG- Dylan Sapp Jr.
DT- Mike Mustard Jr.
DT- Cody Lawhun Jr.
DE- Jonny Everman Jr.
DE- Derrick Miller So.
LB- Jack Bane Sr.
LB- Laithon Davis Sr.
LB- Dalton Carver Jr./Kasey Riley Jr.
CB- Kristian Conway Jr./Jarrett Parker Jr.
CB- Cody Stapleton Sr./Nick Ruark So.
S- Zach Zornes Sr./Cory Christy So./Nick Ruark So.

Looks like your IRON MANNING the roster .Not a good thing to do :popcorn:
Iron Manning? I was just simply putting on here who I thought would start considering who we return.
LClion4life Wrote:Iron Manning? I was just simply putting on here who I thought would start considering who we return.
Kids get on here and read this stuff and it pumps them up and picking a potential defense and offense is a way to motivate players. Iron Manning I thought was Peyton.
[quote=old warrior]Kids get on here and read this stuff and it pumps them up and picking a potential defense and offense is a way to motivate players. Iron Manning I thought he was Peyton.
old warrior Wrote:[quote=old warrior]Kids get on here and read this stuff and it pumps them up and picking a potential defense and offense is a way to motivate players. Iron Manning I thought he was Peyton.

:rockon:
Spring practice starts tomorrow for Lewis County. They will be having a Blue/White game on March 19th!
I wonder how they are doing that with the Head Coach also being the Head coach for Baseball?
Bub Lewis Wrote:I wonder how they are doing that with the Head Coach also being the Head coach for Baseball?

You know good and well how they are going to do it.:please:
Baseball practice will end at 4:30 for the guys who also play football and they will practice football 4:30-6.
AshamedLCParent Wrote:You know good and well how they are going to do it.:please:
I guess what I meant to say was usually when this happens someone is getting shorted. In this situation both are getting shorted. Then again it is a school that is short coaches for all sports.
Yeah, IMO, it would be best for both football and baseball if Hughes would step down from the baseball team and they hire a guy like Walt Taylor to coach the baseball team.
Spring practice has been going great. Guys like Dylan Sapp, Cody Reed, Garrett Lambert, and some others that haven't played in these past couple years or so look like they haven't missed a beat. Sapp has been nearly unstoppable.
I've heard that a few key players have came down with some injuries...could you specify on which ones have been sidelined and why?
LClion4life Wrote:If we can find consistency at QB, not superstardom, but consistency, we could actually go 6-4(we should beat west carter, knott central, powell, bath, nicholas, and magoffin) but i agree with what was stated earlier, we could do even better than that. Starting Offense should be(as of right now):

C- Nathaniel Lightner Jr.
G- Mike Mustard Jr.
G- Garrett Lambert Sr.
T- Brandon Smith Jr.
T- Tylier McAdams Sr.
TE- Dalton Carver Jr./Caleb Bolander Jr./Jonny Everman Jr.
WR- Corey Davis Jr./Zach Zornes Sr./Jarrett Parker Jr.
FB- Kasey Riley Jr./Dylan Sapp Jr.
WB- Kristian Conway Jr.
HB- Laithon Davis Sr.
QB- Jack Bane Sr.(if he is consistent, if not then Parker, Bolander, or Levi Clark So. could take his place)

Defense:

NG- Dylan Sapp Jr.
DT- Mike Mustard Jr.
DT- Cody Lawhun Jr.
DE- Jonny Everman Jr.
DE- Derrick Miller So.
LB- Jack Bane Sr.
LB- Laithon Davis Sr.
LB- Dalton Carver Jr./Kasey Riley Jr.
CB- Kristian Conway Jr./Jarrett Parker Jr.
CB- Cody Stapleton Sr./Nick Ruark So.
S- Zach Zornes Sr./Cory Christy So./Nick Ruark So.
Oh, the same team that beat you guys 40-0 last year? I wouldn't be marking down wins for them or any other team yet big boy.
It said should and we beat 4 teams last year who were better than KCC, that was just an embarrassing game, if we would have played them toward the middle or end of the year, we would have beat them.
Lion Wrote:I've heard that a few key players have came down with some injuries...could you specify on which ones have been sidelined and why?

Injuries: Dylan Sapp(shoulder), Tylier McAdams(head), Isaac Bertram(quad), Cody Parson(finger), and Jack Bane(thumb)
Geez!
Were any of the injured players back at practice today?
Lion Wrote:Were any of the injured players back at practice today?
Sounds like the Lions are getting some new players out, always a bonus. If this team plays like they did last year against Belfry, then Russell better look out, I hope GC and LC both beat the Devils and to shut them up for awhile, good luck and take care of yourselves, and use spring ball to find out who can play and see them at different positions.
Lion Wrote:Were any of the injured players back at practice today?

All but Sapp have resumed play. Sapp either has an AC joint separation or a torn labrum. If it's his labrum then he may miss part of the season. A big set back for Lewis County because he was seemingly unstoppable at practice. Cody Reed suffered a severe concussion and won't be able to go in the blue/white game either.
Blue/white went well. Blue team won 14-12. Both teams looked good and seemingly went hard. Big Grin
Did Josh Boone participate in spring ball? He seemed like a good kid with potential while he was at Fleming County.
Yeah he did. He played Wingback on offense and Middle Linebacker on defense for the white team.
LClion4life Wrote:Yeah he did. He played Wingback on offense and Middle Linebacker on defense for the white team.

I hope he does well for them. He seems like a really good kid.
Yeah he definitely has potential and is a good kid.