•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2010
A freshman to me is still a kid. He will not be our quarterback. What is his name anyway? Someone said he was on U-Tube.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys stop with this talk about a new quarterback. Logan is the quarterback, that is all this kid knows to do, and he will go some where's else if he isn't the quarterback. He will be a junior, and this kid is going to have to wait his turn.

FRESHMAN & JV :Thumbs:
cougarpride08 Wrote:That is what I am thinking. What is his height? Could he be a receiver? That is one position that we will need to work on.

NO :please:
What happened to playing the player that gives you the best chance to win? Just because last year's starter is returning, doesn't mean he's the best. If he is the best, the coach will decide that. BTW, did I miss something? When did HH retire/resign and Whitaker get chosen to replace him?
Well you can play the best player, it is just going to be rough to validate who is the best if you were to come in and replace the starting QB with a transfer from another district who just happens to be the coaches nephew. If you don't think that would be a tough sale, then I have a bridge I would like to sale you.
It isn't official, but it looks like it unless something else changes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Woodrow Call Wrote:Well you can play the best player, it is just going to be rough to validate who is the best if you were to come in and replace the starting QB with a transfer from another district who just happens to be the coaches nephew. If you don't think that would be a tough sale, then I have a bridge I would like to sale you.

Oh, I agree with you. I just think players should have to earn their positions yearly. I don't believe in a "right of passage" from last year. If the incumbent is best, he'll play. The coach (whoever it may be) doesn't have to validate anything. We may not agree with it, but it's his decision.
Was he a freshman last year or will be a freshman this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys stop with this talk about a new quarterback. Logan is the quarterback, that is all this kid knows to do, and he will go some where's else if he isn't the quarterback. He will be a junior, and this kid is going to have to wait his turn.

He will not wait his turn, if he is not going to be the starting QB next year, I don't think that he will be at Letcher.
I really don't know if he is or not, but I know that unless he comes in and just out plays Logan he will not be our quarterback next year. Logan has earned it, and I still welcome him on the team if he wants to come, but if he does he could be our quarterback when he is a junior. Someone said he is on You Tube, does anyone have a link?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Boy, people just love to stir up crap! Everyone on the team will earn their spot. I've talked to the boy at a couple of Letcher's games and he just wants to play for his uncle-period. He seems to be an awesome kid-great personality. I have also seen him on the Youtube clips and he seems to be a great QB/athlete. Everyone needs to stop making assumptions. Good luck to LCC...
All this tranfer stuff is a bunch of Bull. We got plenty of great players right here in Letcher County. THAT CAN PLAY WITH THE BEST OF THEM.
It must say alot about the program when kids want to transfer in to play football here at LCC, there are several players that are considering transfering to play at LCC, I hope they all come. Yes we have great players here in the county and the more we have the better.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Drew Bentley, Jessie Rose, Justin (Meatloaf)Garret, Ryan Hall, and Sam Sergent will help Logan be as good as they want to be. It all comes down to how they prepare in the off season. That is just be very important to be doing this now and not wait till spring practice. Who is Coach Whitaker's nephew? What position does he play?
that dont matter bout justin an logan it still dont meen you will win
I also do not think positions should be set in stone from one year to the next. The best should play. However, unless this kid is the second coming of Bret Favre I doubt he would start over Johnson anyway. The sad thing is he may actually take someone elses position that has worked their butts off for this program already. Not saying that the coach would show any favortism or nothing, but I feel when coaches and playeres are related it only will hurt the program.
DALTON SIZEMORE,DALTON SIZEMORE is the kids name.
Well my honest opinion on the entire subject already is.....Is that IMO, I don't think there is a better soph. QB in the state of KY. I don't think you can have a stronger arm/as accurate and def. not as good a runner with power than what he shows. So make this move and see what happens...I might be biased, but HE IS JUST A SOPH and had over 45 total TD's, lol..and we are talking about replacing him? Logan is a BORN QB and will play QB for a major D1 school one day IMO...His name is already out there..I know..And I promise especially from his work ethic. By looking at his frame, it is hard to believe that he still has 2 more years left. I know one thing...I GUARANTEE he will start at QB next year..All I am going to say about the matter. Wish the best of luck to LCC and the new kid next year.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well my honest opinion on the entire subject already is.....Is that IMO, I don't think there is a better soph. QB in the state of KY. I don't think you can have a stronger arm/as accurate and def. not as good a runner with power than what he shows. So make this move and see what happens...I might be biased, but HE IS JUST A SOPH and had over 45 total TD's, lol..and we are talking about replacing him? Logan is a BORN QB and will play QB for a major D1 school one day IMO...His name is already out there..I know..And I promise especially from his work ethic. By looking at his frame, it is hard to believe that he still has 2 more years left. I know one thing...I GUARANTEE he will start at QB next year..All I am going to say about the matter. Wish the best of luck to LCC and the new kid next year.

:Thumbs: Great Post!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

There won't be any qb controversy as I see it in Cougarville. Johnson will develop more this offseason and get a better feel for the system and what Whitaker wants him to do. Sizemore will sit and learn from one of the best qb coaches and head coaches in the state and when his time comes he'll pick up the torch and continue this tradition of exceptional qb's at LCC. Don't go reading things into a transfer. Sizemore could come in in mop up duty and throw more in a game than he would in 4 years at the school in his county. So let's not try and make an issue when there isn't one. I know that some may feel that this guy or that guy should have gotten the job and might be immature enough to be on here trying to get a wave of support to replace the new coach. But if you just let things be and let the new coaching staff have time and support from the entire community I see great things coming down the pipe for the Cougars for years to come. This team will be one to contend with for years and not just on the district level but regional and eventually state level. Things will be alright just sit back countdown the days until next year and then come out in large numbers to support the team.
launchpad4 Wrote:There won't be any qb controversy as I see it in Cougarville. Johnson will develop more this offseason and get a better feel for the system and what Whitaker wants him to do. Sizemore will sit and learn from one of the best qb coaches and head coaches in the state and when his time comes he'll pick up the torch and continue this tradition of exceptional qb's at LCC. Don't go reading things into a transfer. Sizemore could come in in mop up duty and throw more in a game than he would in 4 years at the school in his county. So let's not try and make an issue when there isn't one. I know that some may feel that this guy or that guy should have gotten the job and might be immature enough to be on here trying to get a wave of support to replace the new coach. But if you just let things be and let the new coaching staff have time and support from the entire community I see great things coming down the pipe for the Cougars for years to come. This team will be one to contend with for years and not just on the district level but regional and eventually state level. Things will be alright just sit back countdown the days until next year and then come out in large numbers to support the team.
Again another great post!:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Logan had 34 td's rushing and throwing this year. He led this team to 10 victories. Both things rank 2nd best or are tied for school records. What you have to remember is that ALL kids are just one play away when talking about possible injury. It would be a great thing to have another quality QB in the stable for LCC. Logan will be fine.he will be4 the qb the next two years and then this kid will have two years to show what he can do. it's a win-win situation. I hope Sizemore is as good as the hype. Could be great for LCC. Should not be a negative. The more great players you have --the better chance to advance in the playoffs---just ask Highlands
Isn't Johnson related to Whitaker also?
Dalton is good. I think it's a win win situation for LCC. Mike Whitaker will do what is right and best for his team. He know's a little about QB's. Most Coaches would love to have this problem. Lot's of snaps to be took for a young QB. Freshman , Jv. Mop up duty for Varsiety. This kid will get to throw lot's of Balls next year. Johnson will go on to play Div. 1 football and Dalton will take over and be another Great QB.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Poor ol' LCC. To many QB's who would have ever thought we would be saying that? I saw the younger Whitaker throwing balls this summer with Logan and he has a great arm and looked to be as strong as a horse. Sure he may push Logan but that only makes the both of them better in the long run. However, Logan at tailback will not be an option. If this is brought up we will have seen the last of Logan in Letcher County. I do not think that Coach Whitaker would even think about doing this though. He's a smart coach and will bring both of the young QB's along very nicely. I'm like the other poster on here, we need to work on DEFENSE and do it in a hurry. Let's put the emphasis on getting better on that side of the ball so that neither of the QB's has to hang 50 every friday night to get a "W" in the win loss column. Way to many good athletes on that team to be allowing every team to score as many points as we have been giving up.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Poor ol' LCC. To many QB's who would have ever thought we would be saying that? I saw the younger Whitaker throwing balls this summer with Logan and he has a great arm and looked to be as strong as a horse. Sure he may push Logan but that only makes the both of them better in the long run. However, Logan at tailback will not be an option. If this is brought up we will have seen the last of Logan in Letcher County. I do not think that Coach Whitaker would even think about doing this though. He's a smart coach and will bring both of the young QB's along very nicely. I'm like the other poster on here, we need to work on DEFENSE and do it in a hurry. Let's put the emphasis on getting better on that side of the ball so that neither of the QB's has to hang 50 every friday night to get a "W" in the win loss column. Way to many good athletes on that team to be allowing every team to score as many points as we have been giving up.

I agree 100%..........May have to look at players they would not let play defense last year for whatever reason..........Have way too many studs for teams to continue to push us around on the defensive side of the ball
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cjkni447Os"]YouTube- Dalton Sizemore 8th Gr Football Highlights - 8/21/08vs Clay[/ame]

Is this the kid who is going to be our backup?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:

Is this the kid who is going to be our backup?

This kid is a holdback, this was taped in 08 he played 8th grade again this year, he has had another year to grow and mature imagine that. Have not seen any tape for this past season.
Dalton Sizemore is his name. His Mother is Mike Whitaker's Sister. Ronda was quite an alth. herself. That is the tie. Mike might be best QB Coach in State.TongueirateSho
Randy Sanders is the best QB coach in the state.
cherokee Wrote:This kid is a holdback, this was taped in 08 he played 8th grade again this year, he has had another year to grow and mature imagine that. Have not seen any tape for this past season.

Someone better be checking to make sure he isnt too old to play his SR year. I mean staying back 2 years pushes it some. It is Letcher though, fake stuff gets fixed all of the time.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next