Poll: Pick a winner!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
71.21%
Lexington Catholic
28.79%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Boyle County 11/20
Boyle by 17pts!!! GO BOYLE CO.!!!!!!!!!! Where is the game being played? At Boyle Co.?
Hopefully home...field conditions pending, were praying for no rain!! Either way, our boys can run on turf also....I want to be the first to congradulate (sp?)the Colts on a awesome season! Youve defintely proved yourself a legit team. You guys are a class act, coaches, fans and all....Somebody better make some room in 4A because I believe we got Some new Competition next year!
William Muney Wrote::Thumbs: The Bulldogs have no idea the difference in them and Bell/Boyle.

I think Boyle will win this 1 easy. I was in a attendance for the first meeting and Coach Hester and Mason called off the dogs early for whatever reason. I say Hester and Mason b/c I did not see French do any coaching.

I can tell you one thing from being on the sidelines. Coach French is coaching and tell Hester and Mason what is going on an what they should do. So don/t worry about French not coaching.:Thumbs:
Boyle rolls with this one also!
I posted a couple of photos in the gallery of what Lex. Cath. and others will have to deal with in the future,
Just want to say congrats to our old quarterback, and good friend Boone Goldsmith. Everyone up here is proud of you and wish you and your team the best on Friday night!
LC by 7 well have something to stop Mcshara
I agree. I'm going to go with history and say (or is it hope? :biggrinSmile

Boyle 21
Lex Cath 17

I look for this to be like the last 4 struggles and the late 90's early 00's games.

'97 Boyle won, don't know the score

'98 LC 44 Boyle 17
LC 28 Boyle 13

'99 Boyle 29 LC 21
Boyle 21 LC 17

'00 Boyle 16 LC 14
Boyle 18 LC 16

'04 LC 43 Boyle 42

'07 LC 18 Boyle 14
LC 41 Boyle 12

'08 Boyle 14 LC 11
Boyle 23 LC 16

'09 Boyle 21 LC 13

Couldn't go back further but it shows a great rivalry in which we shouldn't expect anything less. Boyle seems to lead series 8-5 but 9 of the games have been settled by 8 points or less.

It's also amazing how many times these teams have met twice in one season despite having only been in the same class 7 years they have met twice in 6 of the 7 seasons. (The '04 game was an early season Bowl Game and both were AAA but in different Regions)
Rebel55 Wrote:Why would they do that?

Lexington Catholic is going to beat Boyle County
wildcats fan Wrote:Lexington Catholic is going to beat Boyle County

I don't think you understood what Rebel55 was responding to in your original post my uninformed acquaintance.

You said:

LC will win this game and take a trip to Log Mountain

There is NO WAY that Log Mountain will host the game with Lex Cath if the Knights win. It is this Region's turn to host the Semi-Final. This is what Rebel55 was referring to when he said: "Why Would they do that?"

In other words, your originial post can't come true regardless of who wins between Boyle and Lex Cath. Confusedhh:
Delete
Hatz Wrote:I don't think you understood what Rebel55 was responding to in your original post my uninformed acquaintance.

You said:

LC will win this game and take a trip to Log Mountain

There is NO WAY that Log Mountain will host the game with Lex Cath if the Knights win. It is this Region's turn to host the Semi-Final. This is what Rebel55 was referring to when he said: "Why Would they do that?"

In other words, your originial post can't come true regardless of who wins between Boyle and Lex Cath. Confusedhh:

When someone says a Bell Co. win over Lawrence Co. would be an upset I'm not sure he understands much of whats going on.........:popcorn:
Is this game is being played at centre. if so where is the field and where do you park
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Is this game is being played at centre. if so where is the field and where do you park

I think the Rebels are hoping to host it at Boyle if the field turns out okay by the end of the weekend and the forecast is good. :Thumbs:
backinblack2003 Wrote:When someone says a Bell Co. win over Lawrence Co. would be an upset I'm not sure he understands much of whats going on.........:popcorn:

:thatsfunn

I hadn't made the connection until then. That explains it. :Thumbs:

:thanks:
wildcats fan Wrote:LC will win this game and take a trip to Log Mountain

Rebel55 Wrote:Why would they do that?

wildcats fan Wrote:Lexington Catholic is going to beat Boyle County

Really and I guess they are going to take the trip to Log Mountain the following week. Confusedecret: Let me let you in on a little secret, since you know your football and the future. Our region gets to host the next round.:biggrin:
No need to show up early on Log Mountain, plenty of good seats available.:lmao: while the rest will be in Titletown watching the semi's.
Rebel55 Wrote:Really and I guess they are going to take the trip to Log Mountain the following week. Confusedecret: Let me let you in on a little secret, since you know your football and the future. Our region gets to host the next round.:biggrin:
No need to show up early, plenty of good seat available.:lmao:

:thatsfunn:lmao:
How did the turf work out Friday night for Boyle?
Is it true about the limited space for fans and parking?
Will Boyle try to play any more games there?
Good luck to Boyle, Lex. Cath. no doubt is a team that makes you nervous but really believe you will come out on top in a nail biter.. If anyone can answer these questions I would appreciate it as you can tell I am expecting another Boyle/Bell match up Without any doubt these two teams are the best teams and programs in the 4-a class. We, like Boyle cannot over look our formidable opponent next Friday, not a player or a coach I can look beyond and have expectation..:rockon:
Hi Catdad!
The turf worked out okay, I know people make a big tado about turf and it looks nice but Rebel stadium is home. The seating was good, they only have one set of bleachers, which I didnt care much for! I think most fans want to sit behind their kids, IMO? But the bleachers were really big, the parking wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be, overall it was a good experience though. I would definitely rather be home, feels more like our place and theres the cost. Like you we wont overlook our next game either, regardless what everyone post its the playoffs anything could happen? Good luck next Friday!
Sheriik Wrote:Hi Catdad!
The turf worked out okay, I know people make a big tado about turf and it looks nice but Rebel stadium is home. The seating was good, they only have one set of bleachers, which I didnt care much for! I think most fans want to sit behind their kids, IMO? But the bleachers were really big, the parking wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be, overall it was a good experience though. I would definitely rather be home, feels more like our place and theres the cost. Like you we wont overlook our next game either, regardless what everyone post its the playoffs anything could happen? Good luck next Friday!

Good luck to your team also.:rockon: Do you think they will try to play there again and is Boyles field in that bad of shape?
I hope they wont have us play there, Im not sure what the game plan is. I know it needed some time, and some grass. Ive seen games where the field was dry and clumps of grass came up. I havent seen the field since Bourbon game, and it was a mess, IMO? which, may not mean alot. I just want the boys (both teams) to be safe, play a good game!
Sheriik Wrote:I hope they wont have us play there, Im not sure what the game plan is. I know it needed some time, and some grass. Ive seen games where the field was dry and clumps of grass came up. I havent seen the field since Bourbon game, and it was a mess, IMO? which, may not mean alot. I just want the boys (both teams) to be safe, play a good game!

Thanks for the info, Bells field is in really great shape right now I'm sure Coach Hilton would volunteer his if it came to it LOL... Great sportsmanship in this post Best of luck Friday night.:rockon:
CATDAD2 Wrote:Thanks for the info, Bells field is in really great shape right now I'm sure Coach Hilton would volunteer his if it came to it LOL... Great sportsmanship in this post Best of luck Friday night.:rockon:

now that would be interesting!:Clap:
Just thinking outloud. I know Boyle wants to play at home but if for some reason the field isn't ready to go would their crosstown rival allow the Rebels to play at Admiral Stadium? Plenty of seating, ample parking and one of the best fields in the state. I know Centre worked for West Jessamine but I can't see that stadium holding the crowds that the Catholic and Bell games would bring.
unfotunately I think everything will come down to money....wherever the games are played, on top of the gate, they had to use buses for fans and the boys and paying all the drivers, plus I love doing the Rebels walk!
As always this again will be a classic Boyle Co. and Lexington Catholic football game.Both teams played great defense with hit them in the mouth type game.This one will be special,can't wait for it to happen.
Boyle wins in another close one by 4.
Thats 4 points, NOT 4TDs.:biggrin:
backinblack2003 Wrote:Just thinking outloud. I know Boyle wants to play at home but if for some reason the field isn't ready to go would their crosstown rival allow the Rebels to play at Admiral Stadium? Plenty of seating, ample parking and one of the best fields in the state. I know Centre worked for West Jessamine but I can't see that stadium holding the crowds that the Catholic and Bell games would bring.

Actually I was told the other day that Danvilles field was in as rough a shape as it has been in years. Hard to imagine, it really is one of the best field around. For everything that the Rebels have accomplished in the last 10-15 years our field is embarrasing.
Im sure Danville field would still be 10 nicer than ours.
don't think i turned into a bell thread just saying that i think the better game will be bell and Lawrence cause they match up better than Lexington catholic and Boyle...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:don't think i turned into a bell thread just saying that i think the better game will be bell and Lawrence cause they match up better than Lexington catholic and Boyle...

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy