Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 14 Harlan County 13
The Bears also gave up 80 yards to LCC in penalties.
I knew it would be a really good and close game, like i said in the prediction thread homefield advantage is what won the game for the cougars! Congrats Cougars! Next week should be a douzy against Pulaski!! Can't wait!
Great season by the bears, and there fans are first class.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Thanks Cougarpride08, yalls fans are first class as well. There are alot of Black Bear Fans in Harlan County and we do have a good following. This will be the huge rivalry for many years to come. Even bigger than the future Bell games IMO. The facilities and stadium is great over there at Letcher. I hope Harlan County can get a field of their own like that one day. I am devastated over the loss. I can't imagine how the players feel, especially the seniors. I wish LCC the best and will root for them all the way. The Harlan County Black Bear Coaching Staff had the Bears prepared, but the Bears bumbled their chance to put it away and you can't do that. You have to execute on your opportunities, especially against a team of LCC's caliber. Can't let them be close and that cost them severely. Good luck Cougars!
atlanta Wrote:Just a little touch of Hillard Howard magic!!!

Ive been witness to that a time or 2 and yes it does exist LOL!!! Congrats Coach Howard and the Cougars!
BB CLAW Wrote:Thanks Cougarpride08, yalls fans are first class as well. There are alot of Black Bear Fans in Harlan County and we do have a good following. This will be the huge rivalry for many years to come. Even bigger than the future Bell games IMO. The facilities and stadium is great over there at Letcher. I hope Harlan County can get a field of their own like that one day. I am devastated over the loss. I can't imagine how the players feel, especially the seniors. I wish LCC the best and will root for them all the way. The Harlan County Black Bear Coaching Staff had the Bears prepared, but the Bears bumbled their chance to put it away and you can't do that. You have to execute on your opportunities, especially against a team of LCC's caliber. Can't let them be close and that cost them severely. Good luck Cougars!

Well put, I wish the Bears nothing but the best except when they play us. I think this will be the rivalry in this district for many years to come
Great Game
BB CLAW Wrote:Thanks Cougarpride08, yalls fans are first class as well. There are alot of Black Bear Fans in Harlan County and we do have a good following. This will be the huge rivalry for many years to come. Even bigger than the future Bell games IMO. The facilities and stadium is great over there at Letcher. I hope Harlan County can get a field of their own like that one day. I am devastated over the loss. I can't imagine how the players feel, especially the seniors. I wish LCC the best and will root for them all the way. The Harlan County Black Bear Coaching Staff had the Bears prepared, but the Bears bumbled their chance to put it away and you can't do that. You have to execute on your opportunities, especially against a team of LCC's caliber. Can't let them be close and that cost them severely. Good luck Cougars!

Well said! The facilities are so nice over at Letcher and the fans from Harlan Co. and Letcher Co. really support their programs. It was a great Friday night atmsophere. Prior to the game beginning a man who claimed to be the Athletic Director at LCC addressed some of the fans in such a poor disrespectful manner and after the season is over I'd like to inquire to some of the LCC fans who are around the program about this gentlemen (using the term loosely). Other than this single persons actions, it was such a good game. The Bears have a lot of work to do to get ready for next year. I'll be pulling for LCC in upcoming weeks. We're still heartbroken over this loss, but are so proud of this year's team and all that they have accomplished! We'll miss this group of seniors!
Mama Bear, the fans of LCC thank you for your kind comments. I will root for you next year except in hopefully two games. The gentleman you refer made these comments in a prayer of all things, if I am right in what you were referring to. Real class act!!!!!!!
lean&mean Wrote:Mama Bear, the fans of LCC thank you for your kind comments. I will root for you next year except in hopefully two games. The gentleman you refer made these comments in a prayer of all things, if I am right in what you were referring to. Real class act!!!!!!!
We'll will start us up a thread after the season is over and discuss what happened before the game with this "man" and his actions before the game. I always like a prayer before a ball game. I don't know who leads prayer before games at LCC but I can't imagine that it would be this same person. I don't want to detract from the ball game or cause any ill will as LCC has some more games to play. I'd like to hear some thoughts about what happened after the season though. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it until then but it's weighing heavily on my mind.
Good game letcher...u won by 1 point...good luck in ur game next week vs pulaski...
I got to see this game and I must say that I am glad I was there. This was a great game. Good luck to LCC the rest of the way.
Was a great game for sure. Will be a long rivalry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]