Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 14 Harlan County 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Way to go Cougars! Nice season Black Bears!:Thumbs:
HArlan must have played well. Much closer than I thought.
One of the greatest games I have been to.
Congrats LCC
What happened in this game & how did it end and etc.?
Once again the offensive greatness of Whitaker prevails. 14 was enough tonight!
oh man that sucks for the blackbears but good job LCC
Harlan County dominated the line of scrimmage the whole night right till the last drive. I'm not sure why HC went away from what had worked all night. LCC hung in there, but HC should have won this game. They outplayed LCC. Congrats LCC!! Great Game.
Congrats Cougars!
Great season for the blackbears
and this one turned out to be a lot closer than I thought
good luck to the cougars in the playoffs
great game wild atmosphere lcc was just the better team tonight great win cougars see everyone in pulaski co next week.
Good Game! Both teams had some turnovers, the Black Bears had some costly ones!

A good second season for the Black Bears to build on!!!! Go Bears!!!
Great game, packed house at LCC tonight. Congrats to LCC. Not the best game the Black Bears have had this year. Cougars had more points on the board at the end of this game and come out with the win. Best wishes in the regional finals to the Cougars.

Such a good close game.......
I would have loved to have seen Tom's team pull this game out, but LCC is a really good team. Best of luck in the future for both programs.
Just a little touch of Hillard Howard magic!!!
This was all it was predicted to be. The Bears had too many costly penalties tonight and didn't hold on to the ball. The Bears bumbled the ball twice on the final drive with 3:00 minutes remaining and put themselves in a hole they couldn't get out of(third and 20?) and handed it over on downs in LCC territory. This Bear wishes Letcher the best. The game was as good as it gets and the crowd was huge. The Bears made a valiant effort. Good luck LCC!!!!
The Black Bears turned the ball over by fumbling on three long drive occasions and also was intercepted deep in Letcher on one occasion. They fumbled a punt return once. You can't do this and win. The Bears had several opportunities to put this game away, but turned it over. Letchers QB hurt the Bears with the tuck-n-run. The Bears whipped Letcher up front, all night. The Bears proved alot of people wrong this year and had a great year in their first year in 5A. Had this win and nearly got this win at Letcher County up on that mountain. It hurts and it hurts bad!!!Can't wait to watch my Black Bears take the field again. It's a long wait. Good Luck to Letcher County Central!!! GO GET YA' SOME PULASKI!!!!!
Harlan County deserved to win game. Dominated all night for time of possession. Moved the ball between the 30's real well. Should have scored more. Extra point botch came back to bite them. #24 fumbling of two consecutive punts spelled doom. McKenzie Smith of LCC played a great defensive game. #34 and # 7 for HC were my players of the game along with their defensive and offensive lines.

LCC's offense had little time to develop. Ran very few plays. Give credit to HC.

Good luck LCC next week at Pulaski! HC continued good luck except when playing the Cougars!
Harlan County definiyely played well enough to win. It was one of those games where it all comes down to who catches a break at the right times. I was really impressed with HC's Offensive line and the speed at which the their running backs hit the hole. Defensively, their linebackers blitz with absolute reckless abandon. When they matched the timing of the snap, they were almost impossible to block. Harlan County has a lot to be proud of. They were a botched extra point away from winning this game. (or at least tie it anyway) This looks like a big time match up for many years to come.
I have to disagree with everyone that says that Harlans defense dominated the line of scrimmage....They done well for sure. But if everyone remembers we took the ball on the first possession for a score that was returned because of a penalty. I would be willing to bet that LCC has as many offensive yards if not more than Harlan did. Only difference is style of play. They controlled the ball with 5 and 6 yard carries while ours came in big bursts. By the way those qb draws are called plays. We also had several turnovers and dropped passes. Harlan congratulations on a great season, you had a good ball team. #25 is a completely grown grizzly.
Cougarvision Wrote:Harlan County definiyely played well enough to win. It was one of those games where it all comes down to who catches a break at the right times. I was really impressed with HC's Offensive line and the speed at which the their running backs hit the hole. Defensively, their linebackers blitz with absolute reckless abandon. When they matched the timing of the snap, they were almost impossible to block. Harlan County has a lot to be proud of. They were a botched extra point away from winning this game. (or at least tie it anyway) This looks like a big time match up for many years to come.

I agree
First time I have seen HC play all year. Very gritty performances by #7 and #34. They controlled the game just like they wanted too. Huge INT by Johnson in the 4th for LCC and took a beating on offense. He didn't have a second to throw the ball as we finally adapted to quick passes. Just a great football game in which both teams having crucial turnovers and LCC having a TD called back on the opening drive of the game...Then we recover a fumble off of a muffed punt, get a penalty giving HC another chance..and another muffed punt THANK GOD. Just a great classy game by both teams that has made this a rivalry for years to come...GO COUGARS....BEAT PULASKI!! Anyone know the time of possession?
I would like to say the better team lost, but the better team is the one that has has the most points!

Seems like to me all 4 TD drives for both teams included some kind of 15 yard personal foul penalty.

Pass defense was one of my worries but the Defense played a solid game.
BTW, McKenzie Smith #4 played an UNBELIEVABLE DEFENSIVE GAME last night!
Big win
The Black Bears had a great season, finishing in a threeway tie for the district championship. Got a bad seed out of it, but... It was their first year in Class 5A and this was a tough district with loaded teams to face. The Bears weren't expected to do good in this first year of 5A. The Bears beat Letcher County, North Laurel, Perry County Central, Clay County, and Southwestern Pulaski. I feel our Bears would have had a great chance of beating Whitley if they had gotten the rematch. I feel the Bears have made themselves known and the future looks bright for the Bears. I hate it for our group of seniors, as always, its tough on them. It hurts and I mean it hurts bad. Good luck LCC. As always, GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
Great game from both teams
58fan Wrote:I have to disagree with everyone that says that Harlans defense dominated the line of scrimmage....They done well for sure. But if everyone remembers we took the ball on the first possession for a score that was returned because of a penalty. I would be willing to bet that LCC has as many offensive yards if not more than Harlan did. Only difference is style of play. They controlled the ball with 5 and 6 yard carries while ours came in big bursts. By the way those qb draws are called plays. We also had several turnovers and dropped passes. Harlan congratulations on a great season, you had a good ball team. #25 is a completely grown grizzly.

Not hardly :dontthink...according to the trusty Harlan Daily Enterprise, the Bears had 52 carries for 302 yards and LCC had 29 carries for 165....that's quite a difference IMHO. Also, for passing yards LCC had 32 and we had 10, and this is from the team who was going to score 40 points on us on that turf. I certainly do think our defense dominated.

Congrats to LCC though on a hard fought win; it was one heck of an exciting game. I sincerely wish the Cougars good luck in the rest of the playoffs. :Thumbs:
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Not hardly :dontthink...according to the trusty Harlan Daily Enterprise, the Bears had 52 carries for 302 yards and LCC had 29 carries for 165....that's quite a difference IMHO. Also, for passing yards LCC had 32 and we had 10, and this is from the team who was going to score 40 points on us on that turf. I certainly do think our defense dominated.

Congrats to LCC though on a hard fought win; it was one heck of an exciting game. I sincerely wish the Cougars good luck in the rest of the playoffs. :Thumbs:
May be true and thanks for the good luck, but they didn't dominate by one point too little:1::lmao:
Pages: 1 2