Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What jobs are opening?
rocket01 Wrote:I will be 23 years old when I graduate in the fall of 2010 from college, I would like to find me a coaching job one day, I like having the run and gun playbook offensively and defensively I consider always 3-4 defense. I love fundamentals and discipline, which I believe those two basics come a long way.

Just get someone else to type your resume.
Navajo4life Wrote:The new school is Shelby will either be 3 or 4 "A" and the new coach there will have an excellent opportunity to build a great program from the ground up...

That is about where I thought they would fit. People in the area I am sure understand but those outside of the county have no idea what type of job it will be. Strictly speaking talent wise MLC would be one heck of a talented 3 or 4A team. Right person in there from the start and they could build one heck of a program.
powell co.....
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:powell co.....

i meant powell needs a new one
McCreary Central is open Coach Gay resigned today!
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:i meant powell needs a new one

I would love to hear the reasoning behind this one. A coach gets 1 year into a pitiful system, wins only 2 games by a team made up of primarily Freshmen and Sophmores, installs a completely new offense that puts up what has to be close to record numbers offensively (considering the history of the program), has a coaching staff of maybe 5 but you are already ready to write him off? This shows terrible support for your community and your team. Give the man time to build the program. You will be district contenders next year with a winning record. Mark it down. You aren't dealing with just some average coach here. Take a look at his coaching resume and some of the numbers his teams in the past have out up. You will eat your words soon enough.
From my understanding CellKing is correct about McCreary Central. He told his players Friday when it was over that his time was complete!

Thanks Coach Gay and staff for a job well done!
Powell County hit the lottery with Burchett. He will build a solid program, given the time and support. It's not like Stanton is a thriving metropolis and the Powell Co. coaching job is considered a premier position.

He is there to coach football, not pat everyone on the back, and kiss their boo boo's when their feelings get hurt.

you run him off, then be ready to continue your illustrious run of 2 or 3 win seasons.
hawg laig Wrote:Powell County hit the lottery with Burchett. He will build a solid program, given the time and support. It's not like Stanton is a thriving metropolis and the Powell Co. coaching job is considered a premier position.

He is there to coach football, not pat everyone on the back, and kiss their boo boo's when their feelings get hurt.

you run him off, then be ready to continue your illustrious run of 2 or 3 win seasons.
Coach Burchett is probaly one of the best line coach's in Ky., and has been part of some winning programs, LC and JC, to name 2 schools, give the man a chanch, change does not happen over night or in one year, it takes time to implement his system, and get the right work attitude planted into the players minds.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I would love to hear the reasoning behind this one. A coach gets 1 year into a pitiful system, wins only 2 games by a team made up of primarily Freshmen and Sophmores, installs a completely new offense that puts up what has to be close to record numbers offensively (considering the history of the program), has a coaching staff of maybe 5 but you are already ready to write him off? This shows terrible support for your community and your team. Give the man time to build the program. You will be district contenders next year with a winning record. Mark it down. You aren't dealing with just some average coach here. Take a look at his coaching resume and some of the numbers his teams in the past have out up. You will eat your words soon enough.
I hope you are right. Burchett is a great guy and a good offensive mind. You must admit he needs help with defense. Did you see Powell play this year?
TheAnswer9 Wrote:From my understanding CellKing is correct about McCreary Central. He told his players Friday when it was over that his time was complete!

Thanks Coach Gay and staff for a job well done!

I agree a GREAT BIG THANKS to the Saff a McCReary Central. 27 wins in 16 years before this Staff , no play off trips. 19 wins in 4 years and 3 straight trips to the Play-offs. Good Luck to the Raiders and whom ever replaces Gay.TongueirateSho
barrel Wrote:That is about where I thought they would fit. People in the area I am sure understand but those outside of the county have no idea what type of job it will be. Strictly speaking talent wise MLC would be one heck of a talented 3 or 4A team. Right person in there from the start and they could build one heck of a program.

What does MLC stand for? Will this be the new school?
neverwas Wrote:I hope you are right. Burchett is a great guy and a good offensive mind. You must admit he needs help with defense. Did you see Powell play this year?

I actually watched them play twice this season. Both games, turnovers and their defense got them beat. But, most of these kids have yet to mature. An off season in the weight room and a spring and summer of conditioning, and these kids will be ready to play some football next fall.

Now, for the defense. Burchett cannot take care of everything on the team. Every good head coach in the state has a good supporting cast around him. Powell needs a good D coordinator to take some of the work load off of Burchett's shoulders. Plain and simple. Kinks will be ironed out in the off season and this team will be ready to roll in the fall. Granted, they won't be a state contender in the second year under a new head coach and a new offense, but I'd say you will be seeing and hearing about a completely different football team this time next season. Losses to teams like Lewis Co., Morgan Co., Estill Co., and possibly even Breathitt Co. will be a thing of the past.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I actually watched them play twice this season. Both games, turnovers and their defense got them beat. But, most of these kids have yet to mature. An off season in the weight room and a spring and summer of conditioning, and these kids will be ready to play some football next fall.

Now, for the defense. Burchett cannot take care of everything on the team. Every good head coach in the state has a good supporting cast around him. Powell needs a good D coordinator to take some of the work load off of Burchett's shoulders. Plain and simple. Kinks will be ironed out in the off season and this team will be ready to roll in the fall. Granted, they won't be a state contender in the second year under a new head coach and a new offense, but I'd say you will be seeing and hearing about a completely different football team this time next season. Losses to teams like Lewis Co., Morgan Co., Estill Co., and possibly even Breathitt Co. will be a thing of the past.
I like what you are saying and cannot disagree with a thing you said. There is some support in Powell County but to get a lot of support you have to win. It is a hard thing to overcome.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I actually watched them play twice this season. Both games, turnovers and their defense got them beat. But, most of these kids have yet to mature. An off season in the weight room and a spring and summer of conditioning, and these kids will be ready to play some football next fall.

i don't see Powell beating us for awhile.

but i do agree with you that they will be better next year and they year after that.
Strikeout King Wrote:i don't see Powell beating us for awhile.

but i do agree with you that they will be better next year and they year after that.

You never know what will happen in an off season. This is the same type of offense he used to beat Breahitt at Lawrence County (including the GAME) and Johnson Central. If his players, coaches and community buy into his coaching abilities and they get the winning attitude, you might be in for a run for your money.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:You never know what will happen in an off season. This is the same type of offense he used to beat Breahitt at Lawrence County (including the GAME) and Johnson Central. If his players, coaches and community buy into his coaching abilities and they get the winning attitude, you might be in for a run for your money.

im not taking nothing away from him. he seems to be a good coach. but we have a good coach. the best one we have ever had and we only lose 5 seniors this year. we return all of our RB, most of our Offensive and Defensive Line and our QB. we powell comes to irvine to play Estill next year it should be a good game.
Snare43 Wrote:What does MLC stand for? Will this be the new school?

MLC stands for Martha Layne Collins. This is a new high school being built in Shelby Co.. Nickname will be Titans, scheduled to open in Aug. 2010. Will be part of Shelby Co. school district.
Burchett will make good of it. Greenup Co should have got him, they will be looking again soon. It would be funny if one of the Lawrence Co coaches applied for MCC. He would get a good look.
barrel Wrote:Coach Campbell is not going anywhere soon. He is getting upgrades to the field and weight room. He is not going to leave until he feels he has things moving into the right direction.

The Shelby Co schools will be 8-12 but players in the 8th grade cannot play varsity football. I do not think the 8th grade class will count against them for classification.
Hear he was looking
Stardust Wrote:Lot's of rumors for your neighbor!
team south on US 27? Hope not he's a good guy who took the job when no one else would
Technically the Somerset job is open. Coach Lucas still has the interim tag on his job title. I understand that they will accept applications at the end of the year. However, there might very well be mutiny if Coach Lucas is not retained after having the Briar Jumpers at 11-0 (and counting)--unless he decides he doesn't want to be head coach
nky Wrote:Hear he was looking

Not suprised. Like I said in a post earlier he will leave soon.
Cellking Wrote:I agree a GREAT BIG THANKS to the Saff a McCReary Central. 27 wins in 16 years before this Staff , no play off trips. 19 wins in 4 years and 3 straight trips to the Play-offs. Good Luck to the Raiders and whom ever replaces Gay.TongueirateSho

I bet the other coaches would have won a few more games if they had Aaron Watts.
palmer Wrote:I bet the other coaches would have won a few more games if they had Aaron Watts.

Always someone wanting to put a damper on Success. It will be interesting to see who McCreary Central hires. Hope it is Coach Payne, he deserves a shot. Thanks again to the Football Staff at McCreary Central. GO Raiders!:Clap:
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Will Jenkins be open again?

NO, Coach Maggard isn't going anywhere, he is already towards next year.
1bassman Wrote:NO, Coach Maggard isn't going anywhere, he is already towards next year.

NO, Coach Maggard isn't going anywhere, he is already "working" towards next year.

Sorry for the typo
I honestly believe with the right person at Martha Layne Collins high school and the right personnel as Asst. coaches, this could be a great 1st year program that can compete right off the bat in Class "3A" or "4A".... I know that the staff at West Middle are wanting to move up to the new school, but will have to wait and see what the future holds...
Navajo4life Wrote:I honestly believe with the right person at Martha Layne Collins high school and the right personnel as Asst. coaches, this could be a great 1st year program that can compete right off the bat in Class "3A" or "4A".... I know that the staff at West Middle are wanting to move up to the new school, but will have to wait and see what the future holds...

Bert Browne is your man!!!!!!!
Will Bert Browne be around long enough to make a difference or will he always be looking to move somewhere else like Bobby Petrino????