Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 24 Pike Central 14
Yes it was the wrong spot after the penalty, yes it made a difference in that series for the Hawks but the field position meant nothing. Belfry had changed up the offense and PC had absolutely no answer for it. The problem is Chapman needs to understand that bad calls are part of the game (im sure hes seen a few while at Breathitt against the opponents FWIW) and he should be able to realize his team is still in the game and his anger would nothing more than hurt his team. Im sorry but to me its pure ignorance for a coach to show his *** like that.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I look at it as a variable. If they make the correct call it is 1st and 10 PC at their own 30 or somewhere near that. They still have to go 70 yards against a rejuvenated Belfry defense to score a TD.

Could Pike Central have rallied and drove down the field eating the clock for the win? Maybe, but doubtful. Could Pike Central move the ball the way that served them best (big play) and take the lead? Possibly... but they also couldn't stop the Thomcat had they left time on the clock. Could Pike Central have went 3 and out after that and the game end just like it did? Possibly as well.

Point being is there is no way to say that call cost them the game, it hurt their chances of coming back, but it didn't cost them the game. What cost them the game was their inability to stop Belfry once they spread the field.

I agree but then your neglecting the variable that a longer field for Belfry to work with could have also resulted in a big play for Pike Central on defense...There are more than just the variables your stated...It costed Pike Central big plain and simple if you want to justify it then go right ahead fact is the sport cost them around 25 yards thats a fourth of the football field for you who arent good at math...Thats a back breaker even with out the unsportsmanlike conduct...So in essence it does kill your chances of a win...Also just to add a little more to this I am sure if the big play still stands and Pike Central gets the ball at around the 30 a little wind is taken out of the Pirates sails...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:however your taking a biased look at it...You are forgetting to see the great field position it gives Belfry...I am not saying it gave Belfry the win but it did aid in it which you can not deny...Chapmas unsportmanlike call is sort of irrelevant at this point because he is in the right and I do not blame him and im sure the game tape will make its way to KHSAA...If Chapman does not get the Unsportsmanlike call it is still what 1st and 20 from the 10 oppose to first and 10 from the 25 because the flag was thrown at the 35...ummmmmmmmmmm yeah it makes a huge difference ALL AROUND...

Believe me, there have been NUMEROUS tapes sent to the KHSAA and let me tell you its not going to change anything.
I was at thye game tonight and like many have said already. what a game. I thought that after Belfry goes up 12-0 it was really going to be a long night. PC offense and special teams still has a long way to go. Very slow to start and inconsistant at best. Week in week out turnovers kill PC's offense. Once again PC's deffense kept them in the game. As for the refs mistake , I agree the right call was made on the field but the penalty was marked off incorrectly. Can one call win or lose a game. I can,t say for sure but it definitely cooled the jets of PC. I think that it was really disheartening that even when the ref's met on the field not one out of the five could make the correct call.
wooderson Wrote:Yes it was the wrong spot after the penalty, yes it made a difference in that series for the Hawks but the field position meant nothing. Belfry had changed up the offense and PC had absolutely no answer for it. The problem is Chapman needs to understand that bad calls are part of the game (im sure hes seen a few while at Breathitt against the opponents FWIW) and he should be able to realize his team is still in the game and his anger would nothing more than hurt his team. Im sorry but to me its pure ignorance for a coach to show his *** like that.

This is just a pure guess here but I am sure if you was in the same situation you would have been just as ****ed...The man JUST SAW A 25 YARD LOSS TO HIS SEEMINGLY GREAT FIELD POSITION!!!!!!!! I guess 90 percent of coaches are ignorant because 90 % would have done the same...Back in Haywoods younger days at PBurg he done much of the same ranting and hollering just saying...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I agree but then your neglecting the variable that a longer field for Belfry to work with could have also resulted in a big play for Pike Central on defense...There are more than just the variables your stated...It costed Pike Central big plain and simple if you want to justify it then go right ahead fact is the sport cost them around 25 yards thats a fourth of the football field for you who arent good at math...Thats a back breaker even with out the unsportsmanlike conduct...So in essence it does kill your chances of a win...Also just to add a little more to this I am sure if the big play still stands and Pike Central gets the ball at around the 30 a little wind is taken out of the Pirates sails...

So we agree that the main effect it had was all based on variables? Wink
wooderson Wrote:Believe me, there have been NUMEROUS tapes sent to the KHSAA and let me tell you its not going to change anything.

yeah im aware but enough *****ing about it we will feel much better :lmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So we agree that the main effect it had was all based on variables? Wink

haha i guess so :thatsfunn
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This is just a pure guess here but I am sure if you was in the same situation you would have been just as ****ed...The man JUST SAW A 25 YARD LOSS TO HIS SEEMINGLY GREAT FIELD POSITION!!!!!!!! I guess 90 percent of coaches are ignorant because 90 % would have done the same...Back in Haywoods younger days at PBurg he done much of the same ranting and hollering just saying...

You're right... getting the additional yards wasn't the brightest thing...but getting a half the distance to the goal isn't nearly as bad as if this occurred in Belfry territory and backed them up.

As I said in the recap.. the call certainly could have made the game more exciting if it was ruled correctly.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This is just a pure guess here but I am sure if you was in the same situation you would have been just as ****ed...The man JUST SAW A 25 YARD LOSS TO HIS SEEMINGLY GREAT FIELD POSITION!!!!!!!! I guess 90 percent of coaches are ignorant because 90 % would have done the same...Back in Haywoods younger days at PBurg he done much of the same ranting and hollering just saying...

Yep Haywood would have then and now for that matter but the difference is that he understands the line you cant cross. "Ranting" and "Hollering" are things that all Coaches do and in close games you cant let your temper be factor in the outcome of the game. And no 90% of coaches wouldnt have went as far as to be flagged for it, the majority of head coaches understand the consequences of being an ***.
3A in the East is looking like anybodys ball game.
Why is it every time pike central gets beat that blame the officials. we beat them 2 years in a row and they refused to play us this year because they said we cheated them. admit you lost and use it as a building block for your program.
FBALL Wrote:3A in the East is looking like anybodys ball game.

Its looked like that for the past 5 weeks. Dang that hurts to say, I actually like being the favorite and not the underdog.
wooderson Wrote:Yep Haywood would have then and now for that matter but the difference is that he understands the line you cant cross. "Ranting" and "Hollering" are things that all Coaches do and in close games you cant let your temper be factor in the outcome of the game. And no 90% of coaches wouldnt have went as far as to be flagged for it, the majority of head coaches understand the consequences of being an ***.

funny you say that because I can get you 4 or 5 videos of Haywood doing the same thing :Thumbs:...Also I can probley get you a tape of nearly every coach in Kentucky doing the exact same thing... I.E proley 2 of the classiest coaches ive meet Chris MacNamee and Barry Birchfield...
The ref's r always have to big of a role in the outcome of ball games. Belfry is a great program and could have stopped pike central on that drive anyways, but it's not fair to those kids to call that flag in such a big moment in the game. Listen at that point u have to let the coach say what he needs to say and keep the hankie in the pocket. This could have came down to the wire, and would have been a huge win for Pike Central, but the ref's took that chance away. I think that you should have to be a former college football player in order to ref football games. Because in that district especially their some really horrible refs...Not saying they r the same every time, but I have seen a lot of familiar faces over there....

When you can't even jog down the sidelines as a ref to spot the ball, you should probably stop refing games...Pathetic....

Great Effort by both teams....Chapman with his team performance tonight, may have caught the interest of some athletes in that school...w
TongueirateSho
soccer fan Wrote:im pretty sure im not the only person that has said it was cause the reffs just cause your belfry teams isnt what you/people thought they where oh well
run your mouth on someone else!

GO HAWKS!

Same old story you still got beat....
FBALL Wrote:3A in the East is looking like anybodys ball game.

Especially if your Devils could have played the entire game vs. Mason County like they did in the 2nd Half.

I think it is worth noting that unlike previosu years where it was Belfry/SC and Mason/Russell, that the improvement of West Carter and Pike Central cannot be ignored as well. The respective 2 seeds better have their heads on straight for the 1st Round.
Keep it on the game folks....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Especially if your Devils could have played the entire game vs. Mason County like they did in the 2nd Half.

I think it is worth noting that unlike previosu years where it was Belfry/SC and Mason/Russell, that the improvement of West Carter and Pike Central cannot be ignored as well. The respective 2 seeds better have their heads on straight for the 1st Round.
Turnovers and penalties are killers.

You are right. The two seeds better come out ready in the playoffs. West and Central are dangerous.
Whew...that was a good game. Bring on the Cards!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
raiderwave Wrote:The ref's r always have to big of a role in the outcome of ball games. Belfry is a great program and could have stopped pike central on that drive anyways, but it's not fair to those kids to call that flag in such a big moment in the game. Listen at that point u have to let the coach say what he needs to say and keep the hankie in the pocket. This could have came down to the wire, and would have been a huge win for Pike Central, but the ref's took that chance away. I think that you should have to be a former college football player in order to ref football games. Because in that district especially their some really horrible refs...Not saying they r the same every time, but I have seen a lot of familiar faces over there....

When you can't even jog down the sidelines as a ref to spot the ball, you should probably stop refing games...Pathetic....

Great Effort by both teams....Chapman with his team performance tonight, may have caught the interest of some athletes in that school...w

could have yes would have who knows Pike Central had moved the ball consistent the entire second half and for the most part controled the game from the 2nd half untill about the last 8 minutes of the game...I think its safe to say Belfry for the most part got out muscled alot tonight...Congrats to Belfry on the win and good luck next week against the Cards should be another epic battle...
congrats belfry, pike central keep your heads up.
seem to me every body blaming the refs but what you misunderstand there was two flags on the play a holding call at the 35 and a block in the back at the 19 belfry declined the holding call and accepted the block in the back at the 19 half the distance.
15reg35 Wrote:seem to me every body blaming the refs but what you misunderstand there was two flags on the play a holding call at the 35 and a block in the back at the 19 belfry declined the holding call and accepted the block in the back at the 19 half the distance.

AMEN!!!! Finally someone putting up the situtation on the penalty. I was present for the game and honestly, thought that it was one of the worst displays of sportsmanship by a coach, SOME team members, and SOME fans. Coach should have backed off when warned the 10+ times he was told to get off the field. Not ONE sideline warning for PC while yet, they were "on the field" the entire night. Player (I know his number but won't post due to him being a child) used some of the foulest language I've ever heard, threatened to bash a Belfry fan with his helmet and coach had a hold on him and did not one time tell him to watch his foul mouth. "F" word right and left!!! Fans trying to start arguments with Belfry fans who were chanting "We are, BELFRY". BUT, to top it off, PC wouldn't shake hands with the Belfry players after the game. Not sure about the coaches (one which called Belfry fans "white honkies") which also ticked a few off. Belfry staff and deputies had to separate and put the BHS team back and wait until PC left the field. Belfry came home IN UNIFORM, yes, after playing in the mud and rain those boys had to ride home on the bus in what they had just came off the field in.

Another issue was the clock. Several times PC ran plays and not 1 second was ran off the clock. The whistle would sound, play dead and suddenly 2 seconds would flip off. It would run on first downs, out of bounds, time outs,...... it was crazy!!!!! I would highly suggest PC get another time keeper IF they ever host a playoff game. This alone would cost a LOT of trouble for PC.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
wooderson Wrote:Yes it was the wrong spot after the penalty, yes it made a difference in that series for the Hawks but the field position meant nothing. Belfry had changed up the offense and PC had absolutely no answer for it. The problem is Chapman needs to understand that bad calls are part of the game (im sure hes seen a few while at Breathitt against the opponents FWIW) and he should be able to realize his team is still in the game and his anger would nothing more than hurt his team. Im sorry but to me its pure ignorance for a coach to show his *** like that.

Yep, compounding one penalty with another did not help Chapman. 5 more yards did not hurt the Hawks that much, but starting back on the 5 was killer. The Hawks played a good game and Belfry played when they had to. This is a dangerous thing to do. Belfry was flat for the second week in a row after an early score. Combine that with the good gameplan and the focus on Varney and the Hawks made it interesting. Belfry has a hard time getting up for these games and it almost came back to haunt them. I believe they believe that another county team cannot beat them. This is partly brought on by the fact that no county team has beaten them in so long that none of them scare Belfry. However, Central had a nice game plan and the focus on Varney and Belfry not playing well in the wet conditions factored in. I know both teams played on the same field, but when you have a fast, cutting, team on both sides of the ball, it affected the Pirates. Central ran up the middle more and did this very well. Meade and McGuire played great. Good game by both teams. Now a little word to soccerman or mom or whatever your name is. Don't belittle a program who has brought so much good attention to this area. Belfry is just fine and will be in the hunt come playoff time. Maybe Central should focus on winning a playoff game; something they have never done. Playing someone close for the first time does not give anyone the right to cut that team down. Belfry is very good and if they weren't, like you say, it does not say much for the Hawks who still could not win. So let's just leave it that it was an ugly game and good and bad plays by both teams, but the best team won again. BTW, Stephen Gibbs wasn't our player of the game, but maybe he should have been. He had a heck of a night.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Dont blame the refs, it was the correct call, just a bad spot, your coach is the one who cost you an extra 15 yards.. call him up and tell him there are better ways to get your point across then to cost your team yardage!

GO PIRATES!!

LOL...

Really easy to lecture when your team benefits from a 40 yd(?) mistake, isn't it ?

If the coach took a time-out to talk it over with the refs, why the unsportsmanlike call (unless he started slinging curse words or solid objects, of course) ? Confusedhh

Something tells me the head official may catch some official flack over a call blown that badly...
soccer fan Wrote:saywhatyouwant nothing changes the fact that belfry is no where near as good as what people thought you all have big heads for no reason!

UMMM..can someone please tell this dude that Belfry WON? Seems pretty good to me?
:Clap::thatsfunn
oneijoe Wrote:LOL...

Really easy to lecture when your team benefits from a 40 yd(?) mistake, isn't it ?

If the coach took a time-out to talk it over with the refs, why the unsportsmanlike call (unless he started slinging curse words or solid objects, of course) ? Confusedhh

Something tells me the head official may catch some official flack over a call blown that badly...

The refs gave Chapman plenty of rope, and when three to four of his own players had to hold him back during the timeout, he hung himnself. BTW, it was not a forty yard mistake. The result of where the ball ended up being 40 yards difference from where Johnson had gotten to, the Hawk 45, but the mistake was about a 15 yard mistake. BTW, no one has said anything about the Hawks committing a penalty that had no effect on the play. No one should be holding anyone that far away from the action.

This quite a difference between a "bad call" and misapplying the rules of the game. The official should have corrected his mistake once it was pointed out. The problem, of course, is if the ref didn't know how to apply the rule, there's no way to convince him of his error.
soccer fan Wrote:im pretty sure im not the only person that has said it was cause the reffs just cause your belfry teams isnt what you/people thought they where oh well
run your mouth on someone else!

GO HAWKS!
Lol.