Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 34 - Allen Central 24
Good win Pikeville.
wildcat1323 Wrote:suprised because i thought the crowder twins would pull ou all the stops
I was suprised that the coach changed all this crap with this tough game. Everybody talked all week how pikeville is a passing team, and he did nothing to stop it. Why did the Crowder boys not even get the ball in the second half. I mean lets be honest the Crowders are pretty much the whole team, with more yardage and touchdown, and extra points. Yet he chose to not let them run the ball the seconf half. Go figure. Jackson is usually on a reciever, but he also changed that. You just don't do this changes with a game this important
wildcat1323 Wrote:suprised because i thought the crowder twins would pull ou all the stops
You do what the coach tells you, and he evidentally didn.t want them running the ball. And we all know the results
Couls these two teams meet again? If so then it could be epic!
This bellyaching about the weather is sad guys. If anything, the weather and rain should've slowed Pikeville down with their spread and helped Allen Central. Wet ball/dry ball whatever. That's not gonna fly here guys come on.

Besides, Pikeville ran the ball more often during the second half BECAUSE of the rain and it's effect on the game. Pikeville ran both McCoy and Robinson in the backfield during the second half.
jammin' jamey Wrote:This bellyaching about the weather is sad guys. If anything, the weather and rain should've slowed Pikeville down with their spread and helped Allen Central. Wet ball/dry ball whatever. That's not gonna fly here guys come on.

Besides, Pikeville ran the ball more often during the second half BECAUSE of the rain and it's effect on the game. Pikeville ran both McCoy and Robinson in the backfield during the second half.
When the rain started coming down just before halftime, people started saying how Allen Central would benefit, especially with them getting possession to begin the second half. I wasn't sure they would be the beneficiary of the weather. For the most part, Allen Central had defended Pikeville's passing offensive fairly well. The first TD pass was due to missed tackling but the second was a nice fade route. But the whole night, the running plays run from the spread formation was what really gave Allen Central problems. The rain caused Pikeville to run more, and that's where the Rebels had problems on defense.

Allen Central got whipped, plain and simple. Wet or dry, Crowders or no Crowders, Pikeville punched Allen Central in the mouth, and the Rebels had no counter.
Nothing towards the players @ AC, but i'm glad they got beat. I was so sick of hearing how much better, and how good they are this year...clearly not the top team in the district
Let me first say that Im proud of the boys in Maroon. Blake ran the offense really well last night. To all you AC fans you better be glad that it rained becuase the score wouldve been alot worse considering we dropped 3TD passes in the end zone after it started raining. After pretty much the entire community questioned this Pikeville teams heart after last fridays game. This group responded and never stopped fighting even after AC came back and tied up the game. Lil Bro and the rest of the Defense done a great job in the 4th quarter. I dont think AC gained a yard on them the entire 4th quarter. Kicker Zach Burgy-Vanhoose is a WEAPON. With all that said we cant just rest on this win. I saw alot of missed opportunities on offense with either dropped passes or penalties and missed assignments and tackles on D. So we still have to get better and work hard in alot of areas to improve and Im sure Ben and the staff will work on that this week. This game wasnt a win over a Belfry or P-burg but it is a win over a good AC team and a step in the right direction. If Pikeville winds up making a deep playoff run. This game might just be looked back on as the turning point.
rebel84 Wrote:thats alright allen central you all played with all you all had last night keep up the good work and improve come playoff time you all might have to face them again and then see how that one plays out but a big thing last night was it was raining and the ball was wet and they was alot of turnovers from allen central and alot of big call's

Yet when Paintsville fans talked about the weather/rain and field conditions last week, you and your AC mafia ripped them a new one :dontthink
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:Yet when Paintsville fans talked about the weather/rain and field conditions last week, you and your AC mafia ripped them a new one :dontthink
that is only one person that is saying the weather was a factor . I haven't seen in other post blaming it on the weather.
Congrats to the Panthers on a hard fought win. This team came ready to play and wanted this game. Pikeville played a solid game. Weather is as I have said before, part of the game. I personally don't think it played a huge part of this game. I think AC had to many turnovers to win this big of a game. And even when AC regained possession of the fumbles it slowed their momentum on offense. Most of the fumbles were in the first half before the rain. Pikeville done a very good job going after the ball after the ball carriers were stood up. Pikeville's special teams made a huge impact on this game. Great kicker not only on field goals put kick offs going to th 1 or 2 yard line or endzone consistanly and the big TD return to go in front late was a game changer. I know a couple talked about the 4 and less than one call early but with AC's line and backs I think that is an easy call. 9 out of 10 times they get the 1st just this time there was a bad exchange that resulted in a fumble, thats part of the game. I liked the call and would hope AC makes that call every time.

As an AC fan I am very proud of the fight the Rebels put up in this one. AC comes in with a starter out for illness and one key reserve out for injury. Then in the game have 3 starters go out with injuries with one returning giving his best effort to go and help his team in what ever role he could play. Some young players got quality minutes in the second half. This team showed a lot of heart and determination with their refusal to quit. You have a great season ahead of you, keep working hard.
This whole thread just seems wrong in so many ways.

Congrats to Pikeville on thier close victory over Allen Central.
allen centrals coaching was pitiful. allen central is weak. no offense if you clog up the middle. stop the big boys
sportsman Wrote:no offense if you clog up the middle. stop the big boys
:Thumbs:
I've said that since the beginning of the season.
the old WASP Wrote:that is only one person that is saying the weather was a factor . I haven't seen in other post blaming it on the weather.

Never said you or anybody else was blamin the loss on the weather.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
To the Panthers - good win and way to show heart!

And to the Rebels and their fans - you all should be proud and still extremely fired up. You have AT LEAST 2 big playoff games coming up which will be HISTORIC.
What did Pikeville do? Stopped the Crowder Twins, badly. So they stopped AC
If...Then Wrote:What did Pikeville do? Stopped the Crowder Twins, badly. So they stopped AC
The Crowders are AC. you will see that next year when they are back to 0 and 10. I'm not sure that pikeville stopped the Crowders, as much as the coach did. They never ran the ball in the second half. I still say making all those changes in a tough game is what costed him the game.
I thought Allen Central was going to be undefeated.
Congrats to the Panthers!
Congrats Panthers! I had a feeling this was going to happen. IMO Allen Central is way over-rated.
the old WASP Wrote:I was suprised that the coach changed all this crap with this tough game. Everybody talked all week how pikeville is a passing team, and he did nothing to stop it. Why did the Crowder boys not even get the ball in the second half. I mean lets be honest the Crowders are pretty much the whole team, with more yardage and touchdown, and extra points. Yet he chose to not let them run the ball the seconf half. Go figure. Jackson is usually on a reciever, but he also changed that. You just don't do this changes with a game this important

Sounds like a fair weather friend!
Jackson County
Carries - Yards
21 Atkins, Travis 2 10
34 Crowder, Hunter 14 89
7 Jackson, Justin 17 115
30 Crowder, Logan 11 168
10 Stumbo, Chris 2 11

Harlan
21 Atkins, Travis 2 2
34 Crowder, Hunter 24 108
30 Crowder, Logan 17 121
7 Jackson, Justin 10 88
10 Stumbo, Chris 5 25

Paintsville
21 Atkins, Travis 1 5
34 Crowder, Hunter 22 118
30 Crowder, Logan 19 155
7 Jackson, Justin 12 64
5 Parsons, Mickey 1 1
10 Stumbo, Chris 6 3

Pikeville
34 Crowder, Hunter 15 112
30 Crowder, Logan 9 70
7 Jackson, Justin 13 105
5 Parsons, Mickey 6 35
10 Stumbo, Chris 5 5

48 Carries for 327 yards rushing

Looks like a lot of the same to me.
I would love to play the Crowder twins. Just to be on the same field with two star running backs would make my year complete :]. Fugate wasn't anything but these twins are something haha.
A_Ray #5 :];842562 Wrote:I would love to play the Crowder twins. Just to be on the same field with two star running backs would make my year complete :]. Fugate wasn't anything but these twins are something haha.
Thats great. I hope your being sarcastic though thats how i took it haha
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Thats great. I hope your being sarcastic though thats how i took it haha
Yeah I Was. Haha. They play horrible teams and everyone makes them look like awesome. But there not lol
Thegeneral Wrote:Jackson County
Carries - Yards
21 Atkins, Travis 2 10
34 Crowder, Hunter 14 89
7 Jackson, Justin 17 115
30 Crowder, Logan 11 168
10 Stumbo, Chris 2 11

Harlan
21 Atkins, Travis 2 2
34 Crowder, Hunter 24 108
30 Crowder, Logan 17 121
7 Jackson, Justin 10 88
10 Stumbo, Chris 5 25

Paintsville
21 Atkins, Travis 1 5
34 Crowder, Hunter 22 118
30 Crowder, Logan 19 155
7 Jackson, Justin 12 64
5 Parsons, Mickey 1 1
10 Stumbo, Chris 6 3

Pikeville
34 Crowder, Hunter 15 112
30 Crowder, Logan 9 70
7 Jackson, Justin 13 105
5 Parsons, Mickey 6 35
10 Stumbo, Chris 5 5

48 Carries for 327 yards rushing

Looks like a lot of the same to me.
So what is your point?
A_Ray #5 :];842562 Wrote:I would love to play the Crowder twins. Just to be on the same field with two star running backs would make my year complete :]. Fugate wasn't anything but these twins are something haha.
Talk is cheap
Big Maroon Wrote:Nothing towards the players @ AC, but i'm glad they got beat. I was so sick of hearing how much better, and how good they are this year...clearly not the top team in the district
If it is not against the players then who? No one else is playing
the old WASP Wrote:Talk is cheap

And So Is AC and the Crowder Twins.