Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg (5-0)
59.04%
Sheldon Clark (3-1)
40.96%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Sheldon Clark 9/25
Pburg will face a great defense in SC but will pull it off by atleast two TD's.
I think Pburg wins this one with their passing game.

Pburg 28

Sheldon Clark 21

Good Luck to both teams!!!
Michael Burchett should step up big in this game. He knows how big this will be to get this win for the Blackcat program. This should be the toughest game left on the Prestonsburg schedule. The game being in Inez will make it tough, but I still see the Blackcats pulling it off with big games from their playmakers.

Sheldon Clark will be fired up and ready to rock Prestonsburg's season giving them their first loss. The reason the Blackcats will win in my opinion is that they will not underestimate the magnitude of this game. They know how big this is and haven't took an opponent of this caliber lightly all season (Belfry, Breathitt County).

Should be a great game with an awesome football environment. I'm picking Prestonsburg to stay undefeated by this score:

Prestonsburg - 27
Sheldon Clark - 21

Good luck to both teams!
Playiomng at home should be key to the Cards whose starters just played a little over a half Friday. Skyles is expected back which will be good news but SC should be fired up for this one as the rivalry continues. Hopefully a good crew of officials will be on this. I know SC dominated P' Burg this summer but P' Burg has gotten better but the SC defense will be too much. SC 28, P' Burg 20.
Down and Out Wrote:Playiomng at home should be key to the Cards whose starters just played a little over a half Friday. Skyles is expected back which will be good news but SC should be fired up for this one as the rivalry continues. Hopefully a good crew of officials will be on this. I know SC dominated P' Burg this summer but P' Burg has gotten better but the SC defense will be too much. SC 28, P' Burg 20.

Michael Burchett wasn't there at the SC passing game this summer. Adam Crisp was the QB for pburg
Are both teams healthy? Should be a great game, I'll give SC a slight edge since they are playing at home.
Im gonna take P-burg by 7
This one will be a battle.
I'll have to take the Blackcats though.
PHS- 24
SC-14
i think p-burg has had there number last couple of times they meet, look for blackcats to win again
i think it'll be a TD either way. but if one team don't show up they'll get whipped quick. i'll take SC by 4
I think Prestonsburg wins this game pretty handily for some odd reason. I haven't watched anything this year on Sheldon Clark, but I just don't think SC has what it takes to stop Burchett. I know SC is big, and if they can get into the backfield fairly often then SC stands a good chance at winning. But Burchett has shown time and time again this season that he can avoid the rush and throw on the run.

I just think P-burg will be too much for SC.

P-burg-7
SC-6

Told ya, P-burg wins handily. Big Grin
I think it'll be pretty close, but still see Pburg winning
Pburg-27
SC-21
I'm going with the Floyd Co. team here, Prestonsburg in a close one....
Skyles will go to Physical therapy this week if he is 100% he will play , but if not coach Hager has already told him district games start in two more weeks and that maybe when Skyles returns. Don't really know yet . I do know he wants to play very badly and he says he is going to play, but no use in risking the kid if he is not 100% as coach Hager stated along with his parents, he is a talented player with alot of football left he is only a sophmore our prayers are with him and the other injured players from SC. GOD bless .
Prestonsburg - 35

Sheldon Clark - 14
This could be the game of the year in the mountains at least in my opinion. But I have to cheer for the Blackcats being a Floyd Co. native.

PHS 28 SC 17.
SC 30
P-Burg 28
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Sheldon Clark in a dog fight.
Cards in a close one.
The poll says Prestonsburg is 4-0 when they are actually 5-0. Anyhow, this should be an excellent game. I should be able to catch this one on the way home from work. The Cards will be the toughest group that Prestonsburg will face the rest of the season (pending on playoff opponents). I said at the beginning of the year that there was no way that Prestonsburg would win this game, but now I will tell you that the Blackcats will prevail on the road in this one. This is a big game for both teams, but Michael Burchett will get it done for P'burg. I really like what I've seen from him this year. He has grown up to be the best quarterback in EKY. Burchett is probably one of the most underrated quarterback's in the state of Kentucky.

Good luck to both teams and go Blackcats!
This one comes down to Special Teams.

Pburg 30
SC 28
I'm gonna have to go with P-Burg in this one..
P-burg 34
SC 21
All good things must come to an end.cards win by 2tds
I'll have to say this will be the toughest game we've seen so far this season. This game will be a challenge between the SC ground game and P-burg passing game. If SC with their strong defensive line can hold tight coverage on the recievers, they should shut down Prestonsburg offense. Just run down some clock and keep the drive alive!

SC-22
P-Burg- 20
i think pburg is a lil bit overated but i think they'll pull this one out of their butts.
pburg 23
sc 18
It will be very interesting to see how Coach Hager sets his defense. IMO, it's a choice of "picking your poison" in that P-burg has shown it can move the ball effectively on the ground, with the short pass, and throwing downfield.

I don't expect Prestonsburg to show much respect to the Cardinal passing attack until it's forced to. Look for the safeties to play up and the corners to man up the WR's.
Im going to have to go with my Cats!
Prestonsburg- 21
Sheldon Clark- 14
@ Sheldon Clark ill take the cards in this one i think this will be one of the best match ups of the season good luck to both teams
oneijoe Wrote:It will be very interesting to see how Coach Hager sets his defense. IMO, it's a choice of "picking your poison" in that P-burg has shown it can move the ball effectively on the ground, with the short pass, and throwing downfield.

I don't expect Prestonsburg to show much respect to the Cardinal passing attack until it's forced to. Look for the safeties to play up and the corners to man up the WR's.

I think the more interesting question is if SC will go into their "Upset" Offense or actually play their standard offense they have been using the rest of the season aside from Breathitt.

If Hager uses the same ball control, clock milking, wear down the D-line by laying on them, run it up the gut offense that he has used against Breathitt this year and Mason County last year, the look of this game will be drastically changed.