Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Russell Semi Finals (predictions, thoughts)
Sounds good to me. I love the Roadhouse. The one in Ashland is a great place to eat.
no predictions here.... it should be a very good game.....
i will say this; belfry, will be prepared both mentally and physically for this matchup.
if they step onto russell's field with the same look in their eyes that they had last night, then look out big R. cause the pond creek crew is takin care of business...
i want to encourage everone that can to make that road trip..... the boys need and want your support.... SHOW YOUR PIRATE PRIDE - LETS GO MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!
Ill be there!!! Sounds like its going to be a great game...
There's no doubt in my mind that the Pond Creek Nation will be there in full force. It woule be nice to outnumber the Russel home crowd !!!

I agree with piratefan4ever....If Belfry plays Russell with the same passion and fire in their eyes as they played last night, we will be going to the Pizza House again. Like I said in another post, now that Ft.Campbell is out of the mix, I can see Belfry as the odds on favorite to 3-peat as AA State Champs !!!

Let's Goooooo Pirates !!!!
BelfryPride Wrote:There's no doubt in my mind that the Pond Creek Nation will be there in full force. It woule be nice to outnumber the Russel home crowd !!!

I agree with piratefan4ever....If Belfry plays Russell with the same passion and fire in their eyes as they played last night, we will be going to the Pizza House again. Like I said in another post, now that Ft.Campbell is out of the mix, I can see Belfry as the odds on favorite to 3-peat as AA State Champs !!!

BP, You planning on making the trip?
What would be nice is for as many of our mountain friends to come with us to Russell. Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark, Magoffin Co., Paintsville, Pike Central, East Ridge, Shelby Valley, any one else that I left out, we would like to have your voices as well as our own.
I may be there... I just hate sitting out in this cold weather lol
BelfryPride Wrote:There's no doubt in my mind that the Pond Creek Nation will be there in full force. It woule be nice to outnumber the Russel home crowd !!!

I will be there. I would not miss a game this big:rock: Russell is technically a mountain school also.
Belfry played like a team on a mission last night....a mission to return to Papa John's Cardinal Stadium and again reclaim the gold that is rightfully their's. (has been for the past 2 so why not 3 :rock: ).......Sheldon Clark played good, but the Pirates played great. I really can't say right now that Belfry is going to come out and totally dominate come Friday night because the Russell Red Devils are always good both on offense and defense and at home it is going to take a great game to take them down. I'm not saying that Belfry can't beat the Red Devils, because they can, there is no doubt about that. If the team that took the field last night at CAM shows up next week at Russell, then you have nothing to worry about Pirate fans, because the Pirate ship will sail once again towards the west to claim their gold :#1::#1: :#1: . I can wait, but come Friday night I'll be there and ready to cheer my Pirates on to V.I.C.T.O.R.Y ...........victory, victory, BELFRY HIGH...............................

TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
GO BIG RED!!!!!!:wenumber1 :wenumber1 :wenumber1
:#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1: Listen Clearly!!!!!
Russell Just Wait till next Year

Belfry Is # 1 And they are Going to StateTongueirate04: :wenumber1 :getwell:

:Second:
Get well soon Russell:Second: TongueirateSku TongueirateSku Confusederved:
torQQue Wrote:BP, You planning on making the trip?

I'd love to..........I am going to try to figure out a way there...:rock:
BelfryPride Wrote:I'd love to..........I am going to try to figure out a way there...:rock:

COME ON BP,:beg: YOU GOT TO BE THERE... THIS IS THE GAME...
WELL, NOT ACUTALLY THE GAME, BUT DEFINATELY THE GAME.:Hammer3:
I think Belfry fasn need to keep their heads in check.... IMO, the playoffs for Belfry is alot like Thoroughbred Horse Racing.

Round 1 was like running a Derby Contender in a Maiden race. Maiden race's are pretty much the beginning for a horse and you find a mix bag of alot of horses that weren;t meant to be running in big races.

Round 2 was like a 64,000 allowance race. Better competition, the horses still look flawed.

Round 3 was like an ungraded Stakes race. A lot on the line and a chance to make a name, but the competition is inferior to what you will be facing for your final goal.

Now we move up to Graded 1 Stakes race that is a Derby prep. A huge jump of the horses going against you, better trained, much more speed, and a lot more variables.

Belfry is going to need maximal focus and effort for this one or it may get ugly. Russell wants revenge,,,and wants it so bad it hurts. Last year was supposed to be their year and they feel they fumbled it away (literally). The Devils play at their own firendly confides. Last season we never really stopped Russell's offense the whole game..we just outscored them and forced turnovers. Belfry has definate glaring weaknesses against a power running team. We have a huge target on our back now and we are also quick to forget we weren't supposed to be here...we have overachieved all season and our region was considerably down.

Call me negatvie but I think our dream of a 3-peat runs dry this week on the Tundra of Russell's field. Our overachievers finally taste defeat..but it spurs our young team to a dominating run through 2A next season with sooooo much talent coming back.

Belfry 20
Russell 28
orisonspi Wrote:I think Belfry fasn need to keep their heads in check.... IMO, the playoffs for Belfry is alot like Thoroughbred Horse Racing.

Round 1 was like running a Derby Contender in a Maiden race. Maiden race's are pretty much the beginning for a horse and you find a mix bag of alot of horses that weren;t meant to be running in big races.

Round 2 was like a 64,000 allowance race. Better competition, the horses still look flawed.

Round 3 was like an ungraded Stakes race. A lot on the line and a chance to make a name, but the competition is inferior to what you will be facing for your final goal.

Now we move up to Graded 1 Stakes race that is a Derby prep. A huge jump of the horses going against you, better trained, much more speed, and a lot more variables.

Belfry is going to need maximal focus and effort for this one or it may get ugly. Russell wants revenge,,,and wants it so bad it hurts. Last year was supposed to be their year and they feel they fumbled it away (literally). The Devils play at their own firendly confides. Last season we never really stopped Russell's offense the whole game..we just outscored them and forced turnovers. Belfry has definate glaring weaknesses against a power running team. We have a huge target on our back now and we are also quick to forget we weren't supposed to be here...we have overachieved all season and our region was considerably down.

Call me negatvie but I think our dream of a 3-peat runs dry this week on the Tundra of Russell's field. Our overachievers finally taste defeat..but it spurs our young team to a dominating run through 2A next season with sooooo much talent coming back.

Belfry 20
Russell 28

Very nice break down. Never seen football compared to horse racing like that. But **** it makes alot of sense. I agree with you and your post. :rock:
belfry will be ready for russell there is no doubt about it.....but ready or not it doesnt matter, the easy ones are over, its time to face the big dogs. the pirates will have to play perfect football and i know that they played great against a good sheldon clark team, but to be honest we were dominated in the first quarter by a team that is far from the caliber we will be facing friday night. belfry can win this but they will be tested to thier limits, this ones going to be good.
I think that with the speed russel will do ok against belfry but still undecided! mmmmmmmmm
heres the link for russells website for any of you guys that are interested in thier stats and size or anything, they have a heck of a site and some nice pics and other stuff:

http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/RHSfootball/main.html
orisonspi Wrote:I think Belfry fasn need to keep their heads in check.... IMO, the playoffs for Belfry is alot like Thoroughbred Horse Racing.

Belfry 20
Russell 28

Sooooo much talent with little speed returning.............But I still think we can beat Russell because they have even less back.

The game will have to be near perfect for the Pirates, but they have it in them.

Belfry 28 - Russell 20
I'm just wondering where everyone is getting that Russell lost a lot last season??? They only lost 2 notables on offense, RB Josh Gross and QB Elijah Mullins. It is impossible to replace a back like Gross but Kasey Clark has done an amazing job there this season along with fellow runners Chad Edwards, Jacob Sizemore, Tyler Jones, and Nick Lewis.

Elijah has been replaced by a much better QB, Tommy Brown. He is a much better runner, passer, and leader than Mullins was last season. Tommy has added 650 passing yards to what everyone knows is a running offense.

Russell also returns 7 starters on a defense that has been solid all season. They have allowed a lot of points to some teams, but the majority of the points they have allowed were on their backups as Coach McGlone rested his starters after creating a lead that couldn't be overcome.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know how many players Belfry lost to graduation last season, but I would think they had lost as many, if not more starters and key players than Russell has. I know Belfry has been able to replace the incredible backfield of Jones and Howard.

It should be a great game on Friday. Good Luck to both teams.
Go Belfry, good luck!!!
I have a question for people to think bout on this.. Will Belfry be able to keep rolling, on grass/mud after leaving the confines of turf ?? If they can get by this game, then they will be back on the carpet.. But, can they perform against an evenly matched team on their home field, which isnt turf ??
I remember a few years ago, in a game, where Belfry watered their grass before they got their turf, to gain an advantage.. Could this come back to bite them now ??
Good luck to both teams, and there is NO animosity.. Even though I am a Russell elumnist, I know live in Pike county. So either way its a win / win situation for me Wink lol
I CAN not hold it in I was tossing and turning in my bed and talkin to the football gods. I think and have a feeling that russel can pull it off if they can just come out playing like they have in the previouse rounds. They have a QB that can run all over you and a RB that can find holes himself and a FB that loves to run at ya.

But in another hand if Belfry can contain these three which is hard to do then they can take this one. But right now I am feeling a lil devilish nothing against belfry.

my count

russel 44

belfry 39
I'm going with Russell. This should be a great game!
Russell's offense worries me more than any Belfry has seen this year. I'm sure Ivan still runs his wing with misdirection/counters. Seems to me the Pirates have struggled with misdirection all season and they will see plenty of it Friday night. I feel Belfry can win this game (in a close one), however they will have to play as good or better than they did against SC. We need to convert all our extra points, maybe the difference in the outcome. Both coaches are very familiar with each other.

I also think the "play" of last years game was when Russell fumbled inside the five. If I remember correctly they were driving for a go ahead TD before half when Doug Howard ripped the ball away. Belfry recovered the fumble and drove it home before halftime.

Should be a good one, two evenly matched teams. Turnovers may decide this one.
FORCAST for this week snow showers for tue and wen and light snow on fri.

I think if the weather plays in affect russel should get the edge becuase I believe that belfry has grown use to their turf and when u put that type of team into a mud type field it limits on somethings they could do. I am not sayin Belfry has a chance of blowin the title but I say that the weather could limit some of their ability on O.
Red Devilette Wrote:I have a question for people to think bout on this.. Will Belfry be able to keep rolling, on grass/mud after leaving the confines of turf ?? If they can get by this game, then they will be back on the carpet.. But, can they perform against an evenly matched team on their home field, which isnt turf ??
I remember a few years ago, in a game, where Belfry watered their grass before they got their turf, to gain an advantage.. Could this come back to bite them now ??
Good luck to both teams, and there is NO animosity.. Even though I am a Russell elumnist, I know live in Pike county. So either way its a win / win situation for me Wink lol

no fair RD, there is no such thing as a win/win situation in playoff football, looks to me like your tryin to lay the foundation for a "well i really wanted belfry to win anyway" defense:mad: .......the fieldwill probably frozen anyway:beg:
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:no fair RD, there is no such thing as a win/win situation in playoff football, looks to me like your tryin to lay the foundation for a "well i really wanted belfry to win anyway" defense:mad: .......the fieldwill probably frozen anyway:beg:

snow showers tue wen and thur and flurries fri. Wink :graduate:
Red Devilette Wrote:I have a question for people to think bout on this.. Will Belfry be able to keep rolling, on grass/mud after leaving the confines of turf ?? If they can get by this game, then they will be back on the carpet.. But, can they perform against an evenly matched team on their home field, which isnt turf ??

Remember only the HOME games where played on turf....
tomcatnation Wrote:I CAN not hold it in I was tossing and turning in my bed and talkin to the football gods. I think and have a feeling that russel can pull it off if they can just come out playing like they have in the previouse rounds. They have a QB that can run all over you and a RB that can find holes himself and a FB that loves to run at ya.

But in another hand if Belfry can contain these three which is hard to do then they can take this one. But right now I am feeling a lil devilish nothing against belfry.

my count

russel 44

belfry 39

Well, for one thing it's no big secret that the Ashland fans are pulling for Russell....Confusedhh: . I mean as much as Belfry fans were pulling for Ashland to win it all, then you turn your backs on us when you all get beat, thats typical.....even Raceland,Greenup Co. and the other area schools have been invited to come out in force to cheer against Belfry. Looks like some P'Burg fans have joined with Russell, I thought us mountain schools stuck together ???...I guess I was wrong !

I also have a feeling that Belfry can pull it off if they play like thay have been playing...You gotta remember that no one gave Belfry a chance this year, well these boys have worked hard to get where they are at, and they have proven everyone wrong time and time again.

As far as the turf thing goes, we have played many games this year without "the turf " as well we have played in the mud at Prestonsburg and it didnt phase Belfry one bit. We even practice on real grass and dirt....so it looks as if that theory is shot down too. It appears as if some team is nervous and is trying to think of any way they can to get into the minds mentally of Belfry and try to intimidate them.

Well, rest assured, Belfry has been here before....we have played in front of large crowds, on statewide television, mud,and snow and we have done fairly well in those conditions the last two seasons I do believe..

Keep underestimating the Pirates just like Sheldon Clark did, we'll see who is playing basketball next week....
The Undertaker Wrote:Well, for one thing it's no big secret that the Ashland fans are pulling for Russell....Confusedhh: . I mean as much as Belfry fans were pulling for Ashland to win it all, then you turn your backs on us when you all get beat, thats typical.....even Raceland,Greenup Co. and the other area schools have been invited to come out in force to cheer against Belfry. Looks like some P'Burg fans have joined with Russell, I thought us mountain schools stuck together ???...I guess I was wrong !

I also have a feeling that Belfry can pull it off if they play like thay have been playing...You gotta remember that no one gave Belfry a chance this year, well these boys have worked hard to get where they are at, and they have proven everyone wrong time and time again.

As far as the turf thing goes, we have played many games this year without "the turf " as well we have played in the mud at Prestonsburg and it didnt phase Belfry one bit. We even practice on real grass and dirt....so it looks as if that theory is shot down too. It appears as if some team is nervous and is trying to think of any way they can to get into the minds mentally of Belfry and try to intimidate them.

Well, rest assured, Belfry has been here before....we have played in front of large crowds, on statewide television, mud,and snow and we have done fairly well in those conditions the last two seasons I do believe..

Keep underestimating the Pirates just like Sheldon Clark did, we'll see who is playing basketball next week....

ITS not becuase ashland got beat or anything its just it would be nice to see a area school around here to win it. and thanks for takin time to read my post yes at less I know iam getting some love. :Guitar01: