Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett Favre to sign with Vikings
Chuck Norris............doesnt throw interceptions.
Chuck Norris............doesnt get sacked.
Chuck Norris............won the first 22 superbowls by himself.
bigjim4packers Wrote:Maybe Minn. can freeze him from Jan. to Sept. so he'll last longer.
Wait a minute we already tried that in GB on The Frozen Tundra.
He can't be stopped. Any time now Detroit will send a robot back from the future to kill him. Chuck Norris will play Brett Favre in the movie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bigjim4packers Wrote:Be strong Packer Backer we will get through this one game at a time.lol:Thumbs:

I cANT deal with this crap :HitWall:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Chuck Norris............doesnt throw interceptions.
Chuck Norris............doesnt get sacked.
Chuck Norris............won the first 22 superbowls by himself.

Chuck Norris Doesnt Throw Interceptions Because He Throws To Himself
Chuck Norris Has The Beats Black Guy Protecting Him

But seriously, favre getting sacked isnt his fault most of the times,

and u cant take anything away from favre,
C'mon man, nobodys taking anything away from Favre. But, Brett Favre is no Chuck Norris.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Chuck Norris Doesnt Throw Interceptions Because He Throws To Himself
Chuck Norris Has The Beats Black Guy Protecting Him

But seriously, favre getting sacked isnt his fault most of the times,

and u cant take anything away from favre,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:C'mon man, nobodys taking anything away from Favre. But, Brett Favre is no Chuck Norris.

I Know I Know, :igiveup:
He is going to play until he is social security eligible.
^ lol, and im going to love every minute of it
I say he wont quit, till he gets hurt or is carried off the feild on a stretcher. ( hope that dont happen tho)

But I think he does want to play for every NFL team at least once lol..
i just wish the man would make up his dam mind this is freaking ridiculos...Ive just lost alot of respect for him over the past couple of years through all this...honestly makes him look a little greedy
He never quits. He will play til he dies.
If you were a NFL head coach and you had Sage Rosenfels and Tavaris Jackson competing for your starting QB job, and you braught in a free agent to work out and he performed better than both would you sign him?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:If you were a NFL head coach and you had Sage Rosenfels and Tavaris Jackson competing for your starting QB job, and you braught in a free agent to work out and he performed better than both would you sign him?

Good post. In the NFL, you get paid to win NOW. There is no consideration for next year until week 8.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i just wish the man would make up his dam mind this is freaking ridiculos...Ive just lost alot of respect for him over the past couple of years through all this...honestly makes him look a little greedy

why loose respect for favre, it isnt like he is twittering this stuff, he wants to have privacy 2, it isnt his fault he cant have it
Wildcatk23 Wrote:why loose respect for favre, it isnt like he is twittering this stuff, he wants to have privacy 2, it isnt his fault he cant have it

dont take what I said out on context its not the publicity the situation is getting...As I said its him a) not able to make up his mind, b) looking slightly greedy In my eyes and c) saying this and doing that then changing his mind again...I understand that you are one of Farve's biggest fans but its not your opinon its mind its not your mind its mine...Ive lost respect for the guy, do i still respect what hes done yes but in the mind of someone trying to make a business decision i have lost respect for him...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:If you were a NFL head coach and you had Sage Rosenfels and Tavaris Jackson competing for your starting QB job, and you braught in a free agent to work out and he performed better than both would you sign him?

Stardust Wrote:Good post. In the NFL, you get paid to win NOW. There is no consideration for next year until week 8.

When Ahman Green played for the Pack he led the team in receptions and rushing. Green wasn't half the RB that A.P. is.
The ball will be in A.P.'s hands more often, Farve dumps the ball down to the TE or the RB when he gets in trouble.
I think A.P. (barring injury to him or Favre) could be the league MVP.
Why wouldn't you want someone who could make your great RB greater.
Coaching jobs are so here today gone tomorrow, I would sign him in a minute.
Rosenfels and Jackson aren't two I would hang my helmet on.
Hilbily is gonna have fun with this one isn't he???
bigjim4packers Wrote:Hilbily is gonna have fun with this one isn't he???

Lol,

Do you think that Brett Could Be A Power Ranger?
Like Favre said in his interview lastnight-(It is my legacy)! Yes Hilbily does love this one. This opens up the vikes running game. Favre stays healthier late into the season because he doesn't have to throw every down. Now for all you haters how would you feel if someone told you that you could not play. Its still in everyone of our hearts men. Even though the fastest way to a womans heart is with Chuck Norris's fist, Favre could still outplay him at QB!!!!!!
well said my friend. good luck on 14 of your 16 games lol.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol,

Do you think that Brett Could Be A Power Ranger?

i don't think there is room for a purple ranger.lol
He did say it was weird putting on that purple helmet for the first time. They showed some of his workout and it looked like they were just taking it easy. I am willing to say he is out of shape and needs time to affect that program. The first few games are going to be slow for him. I think he starts way easier than last season then turns it on midway. We never know he might get in that preseason game and reinjure his arm all over. With as many miles as he has on that arm anything can happen!
bigjim4packers Wrote:When Ahman Green played for the Pack he led the team in receptions and rushing. Green wasn't half the RB that A.P. is.
The ball will be in A.P.'s hands more often, Farve dumps the ball down to the TE or the RB when he gets in trouble.
I think A.P. (barring injury to him or Favre) could be the league MVP.
Why wouldn't you want someone who could make your great RB greater.
Coaching jobs are so here today gone tomorrow, I would sign him in a minute.
Rosenfels and Jackson aren't two I would hang my helmet on.

Then what happens next year or when the two years is up? Same boat, when they could be building their team around like Rosenfels. How does this make them that much better? It doesn't make them a SB team, doesn't even make them a better playoff team IMO. He isn't the Farve of past, he isn't going to be a superman and take them that far. They will be 9-7 at BEST, this just screws them for later on...not to mention the game plan is to hand it off to AP in Minn. When he see's he an average QB on an average team, maybe he'll go away. I loved Farve, but he's lost all of my respect.
RF81 Wrote:Then what happens next year or when the two years is up? Same boat, when they could be building their team around like Rosenfels. How does this make them that much better? It doesn't make them a SB team, doesn't even make them a better playoff team IMO. He isn't the Farve of past, he isn't going to be a superman and take them that far. They will be 9-7 at BEST, this just screws them for later on...not to mention the game plan is to hand it off to AP in Minn. When he see's he an average QB on an average team, maybe he'll go away. I loved Farve, but he's lost all of my respect.

I think it would be good for both QB's to play under Favre. It did wonders for Rogers. I'll bet the QB taken 1st before Rogers ( 20ish) wishes he had that same chance in San Fran. I can't remember his name for the life of me. As for him taking them to SB, that's a team thing and I would rather take the chance with him as the other two.
bigjim4packers Wrote:I think it would be good for both QB's to play under Favre. It did wonders for Rogers. I'll bet the QB taken 1st before Rogers ( 20ish) wishes he had that same chance in San Fran. I can't remember his name for the life of me. As for him taking them to SB, that's a team thing and I would rather take the chance with him as the other two.

There's no way to build a team around him though, both of those QB's aren't as good, but they have potential. With AP, there's not much need to bring in someone like Farve(who they can't really afford), I just don't get it. Their not a SB team either way and wouldn't be next year, he's only going to get older and his arm will continue to decline.
RF81 Wrote:There's no way to build a team around him though, both of those QB's aren't as good, but they have potential. With AP, there's not much need to bring in someone like Farve(who they can't really afford), I just don't get it. Their not a SB team either way and wouldn't be next year, he's only going to get older and his arm will continue to decline.

A superbowl team huh? who would have thought the cardinals was a superbowl team,
Perfectly noted Wildkatk23. Is your mind clicking on all cylinders or what! RF81 what is the deal? Do you really hate Favre? Is he that washed up IYO? Who is your NFL team as i have noticed you remain neutral in the space below your name.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:dont take what I said out on context its not the publicity the situation is getting...As I said its him a) not able to make up his mind, b) looking slightly greedy In my eyes and c) saying this and doing that then changing his mind again...I understand that you are one of Farve's biggest fans but its not your opinon its mind its not your mind its mine...Ive lost respect for the guy, do i still respect what hes done yes but in the mind of someone trying to make a business decision i have lost respect for him...

IMO he had his mind made up that he wanted to play the entire time. I'd say he told Childress that he still had the desire and that he would give the team everything he had to offer, but he didnt like the idea of training camp and being away from his family. Childress said its all or nothing. Brett tells him he cant and wont go through all the training camps and if he still needs someone and is willing to give in call him in the preseason. And Childress finally breaks down (like he should) and gives Brett a call and says we still need you.

This is just my opinion of how it all went down, I could be completely off.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:A superbowl team huh? who would have thought the cardinals was a superbowl team,

Curt Warner has been at Arizona for a while.He is also quiet and unassuming, not to mention he has won one Super Bowl and played in three. He has not had a dramatic retirement announcement, come back and bounce from team to team. I think Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all team but I feel like he is hurting his image. New York Jets also thought they were Super Bowl bound last year and you seen what happened. If Brett Favre was a woman they would refer to him as a "drama queen."
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Curt Warner has been at Arizona for a while.He is also quiet and unassuming, not to mention he has won one Super Bowl and played in three. He has not had a dramatic retirement announcement, come back and bounce from team to team. I think Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all team but I feel like he is hurting his image. New York Jets also thought they were Super Bowl bound last year and you seen what happened. If Brett Favre was a woman they would refer to him as a "drama queen."

Bretts won a superbowl and been in some himself not to mention a few mvps, what does a dramatic retirement have to do with winning games? Brett doesnt care about his image he said that on tv when they asked him what does he tell people who talks about his IMAGE, he said dont watch him or his games, yea the jets was 8-3 and brett became tired and injured his shoulder, he wont have to throw very many times with AP running the ball which will keep him healthy.
Good to see him play again.