Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brett Favre to sign with Vikings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just reported by ESPN. He is in St. Paul, MN as I type this and ESPN says a source in St. Paul says he will sign with the team.
Pending a physical, which I'm sure he'll pass.
jesus christ not again
Man, Farve just had to get back in the news and take the spolight back off Vick.

I'm done with wactching ESPNEWS & SportsCenter.
Please...for the love of everything there is to love. Children. Old people. Fuzzy rabbits. War veterans. End this nonsense. After this season, I would fully support Goodell if he banned Favre from the NFL after this season. Retire and stay retired, and save the football super fans like myself, from this crap every freakin season. I used to respect Favre as much as anyone in football, and I understand that when you love something its hard to give up, but my goodness. Give a straight answer and give the year in, year out circus a rest.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Please...for the love of everything there is to love. Children. Old people. Fuzzy rabbits. War veterans. End this nonsense. After this season, I would fully support Goodell if he banned Favre from the NFL after this season. Retire and stay retired, and save the football super fans like myself, from this crap every freakin season. I used to respect Favre as much as anyone in football, and I understand that when you love something its hard to give up, but my goodness. Give a straight answer and give the year in, year out circus a rest.

:rockon:
Here we go, go, go again! Smile
Fuzzy rabbits?
He has made a joke out of himself and his legacy. I know it is hard to stop when you still have that drive and you think your body can keep it going but this is getting a little too much.
I'd love to see Brett with the Vikings, a team that has Super Bowl potential. He is the ultimate team player, always giving everything he has to his teammates. I dont understand why so many people on here are bashing him. If the Vikings organization wants him, the Viking players want him (with exception maybe of 2), and he can and wants to play, what is the big deal?
Amun-Ra Wrote:He has made a joke out of himself and his legacy. I know it is hard to stop when you still have that drive and you think your body can keep it going but this is getting a little too much.

He is providing for his family the way he knows how. If he still has the drive and the ability more power to him. As far as you saying he is making a joke out of himself and legacy, shows you dont have much respect for the game.
i think he is very good player and if he wants to do it ,go for it, just make his mind up once and for all,one day he is playing then next day hes not,over and over
last year he did awesome til he got tired and hurt. i mean if the man can still play football with the best and you love it more than anything then why not. i know i sure sint in any hurry to get old and stop doing what i've loved all my life.
DOES IT EVER END!! Favre has RUINED everything that he has ever worked for and achieved! I hope the Packers beat them by 40 this year!
Favre is one of my top 3 Q.B.'s of all time, and I am glad he has decided to come back and play again, yeah its been like watching soap's or something but he is just try'n to do the one thing he loves...so who would not do that.
My problem isnt with Brett Favre playing football at this age..its the "Im retiring. Im not coming back. Im coming back. I wanna play for the Packers. I change my mind and Im gonna retire. I rechange my mind and Im coming back. The Packers are bad people. How about the Jets? No, no, no, Im retiring. Thats it. Thats final. I will NOT play another down of football (cue the tears). Thats it....No, I change my mind, I still got it, Im coming back. Im throwing to high school kids in Mississippi. No, my physical skill are diminished, Im retiring. I dont have it anymore. Ok, Im going to play one more year. Just one. One more and Im hanging the cleats up and that is IT! No, Im sorry to everybody, I just cant do it. I cant put anybody through this, Im going to hang them up. Thats it for ol #4. No more throwing touchdowns or interceptions. Say goodbye to Brett Favre, youll never see me play again. No, I take that back! I feel that I can contribute right now, and Im gonna give it one more shot and Im gonna invite coaches to my massive house and talk about playing just one more year. After discussions, I just cant do it. I cant put my family through it. Im sorry, but Im retiring. Once and FOR ALL! Well, haha, Ive had a change of heart. Now that two a days are over, and I dont have to stay in dorm rooms, I have decided Im going to play football. For ONE more year ONLY! Just one......Wait...

(Taken from SportsCenter from Aug 14-18)
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I'd love to see Brett with the Vikings, a team that has Super Bowl potential. He is the ultimate team player, always giving everything he has to his teammates. I dont understand why so many people on here are bashing him. If the Vikings organization wants him, the Viking players want him (with exception maybe of 2), and he can and wants to play, what is the big deal?

Because he's made himself look like a fool and turned everything into a soap opra. I used to love Farve, now I zero respect for him, I'll be pulling against him now so he'll see he's not what he used to be. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs, this doesn't make them a favorite with anyone except Viking fans who already was a favorite. I took up for him the first time, now it's just ruining everything he's done. Farve's a sideshow now.
I love FaVre glad hes back, but i cant cheer for the viking,
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Please...for the love of everything there is to love. Children. Old people. Fuzzy rabbits. War veterans. End this nonsense. After this season, I would fully support Goodell if he banned Favre from the NFL after this season. Retire and stay retired, and save the football super fans like myself, from this crap every freakin season. I used to respect Favre as much as anyone in football, and I understand that when you love something its hard to give up, but my goodness. Give a straight answer and give the year in, year out circus a rest.

Ring'Em Up Wrote:Fuzzy rabbits?

:wtf1: lol :biggrin:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:He is providing for his family the way he knows how. If he still has the drive and the ability more power to him. As far as you saying he is making a joke out of himself and legacy, shows you dont have much respect for the game.

Providing for his family? Dude, he's got plenty of money...Enough to last him the rest of his life if he lived to be 150...lol
I'm going to go live underground. Someone tell me in about ten years when all of the Favre hoopla is finally done.
Jshort5 Wrote:Providing for his family? Dude, he's got plenty of money...Enough to last him the rest of his life if he lived to be 150...lol

which may be how long he plays football, the guy cant make up his mind, do you think he wants the media around him everyday, waiting for him to say something? its not his fault espn loves the favres story, its not like hes having news confrences every 5 days changing his mind, u cant blame it all on favre for wanting to do something that he loves
Man, I wish I could retire three times or was it four, I lost count.lol
well he got a 2 year contract for $25 million
lol..he'll be in his 235th retirement and will have completed his goal of playing for every NFL team by then..
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I'm going to go live underground. Someone tell me in about ten years when all of the Favre hoopla is finally done.
LOL @ Tides & OD43's posts.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..he'll be in his 235th retirement and will have completed his goal of playing for every NFL team by then..

Maybe Minn. can freeze him from Jan. to Sept. so he'll last longer.
Wait a minute we already tried that in GB on The Frozen Tundra.
He can't be stopped. Any time now Detroit will send a robot back from the future to kill him. Chuck Norris will play Brett Favre in the movie.
hating on favre man, Sad , without favre u wouldnt have anything to cheer for being a packers fan, it would be like cheering for the cubs
NOOOOOOO, please tell me it isnt true. What happened to people keeping their word? Farve, please stay retired, go home to mississippi, go fishing, heck even go coach High School somewhere, but please please dont play agian. You were awesome I admit that, back when you were leading Green Bay, but its time to give it up before you get hurt.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I love FaVre glad hes back, but i cant cheer for the viking,

Be strong Packer Backer we will get through this one game at a time.lol:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3