Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jackson Co.
44.12%
Powell Co.
55.88%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Co. vs. Powell Co. - Aug. 28
Where I come from it is all speed I don't represent clay county you ever thought the c may stand for c ville the college. Where I come from the spread and the bone brought back some ships.
cctiger Wrote:Where I come from it is all speed I don't represent clay county you ever thought the c may stand for c ville the college. Where I come from the spread and the bone brought back some ships.

I thought C'ville was a University????? You know Campbellsville University?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I thought C'ville was a University????? You know Campbellsville University?

How about us Bell Co. fans just pull for Arthur to have as good of a season as possible? In this stage of Jackson's program they're building a foundation. Any win is a bonus and over time they'll have their share. And, I think they have a very good chance of getting a win next friday. Win or lose he'll have his team build off of it.
Hey Arthur- I'm sure you know who I am! Does the kids like the the playhouse?
It is a college I never said it mean Campbellsville college is was stating that Campbellsville was a college because they also have a high school in Taylor County called Campbellsville. I dunno why all of you all are getting on here man trying to take up for some guy that left yall and really wasn't that big of impact. He was what assistant line coach you all better get yall stuff together and hope yall can even make it back to state. From what I heard happened at J Bez yall may have a tough time getting back there.
cctiger Wrote:It is a college I never said it mean Campbellsville college is was stating that Campbellsville was a college because they also have a high school in Taylor County called Campbellsville. I dunno why all of you all are getting on here man trying to take up for some guy that left yall and really wasn't that big of impact. He was what assistant line coach you all better get yall stuff together and hope yall can even make it back to state. From what I heard happened at J Bez yall may have a tough time getting back there.

Shows what you know. :moon: They didnt even go to J Bez. This is the point in the conversation where you probably should stop talking and be a good little :Cheerlead
Trenches07 Wrote:Shows what you know. :moon: They didnt even go to J Bez. This is the point in the conversation where you probably should stop talking and be a good little :Cheerlead

They were def. in london where they hold 4h camp at. I also do know that it's illegal to scrimmage while down there which they held if I'm correct scrimmages on friday and saturday against lincoln and green county. Bell also went on to scrimmage someone last week so I believe this is illegal. So I know a little more then you think I know.
I saw in the paper that the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach came from Southwestern High School, not from Bell. The last year there was their best year (2006) ever making it to the regional finals only to be beaten in the last 40 seconds of the game by a very talented Louisville Central team.

Bell and Southwestern has similar Defenses although Southwestern is a multiple front team and they beat Bell for the district title in 2001 I believe, it was when Greer was the head coach. Also their offenses are similar so that staff should be on the same page, both are disciplined teams (SWHS more in the past) and like to run at you!:Thumbs:
I'll go out on a limb and take Powell in this one, by 4+. These kids will have to know this season, that they can't take anything for granted. Nothing is gonna be easy for them this season. They will only go as far as their heart will take them. Which can take them as far as they wanna go.
Powell County in a close one
Powell Co by about a TD.
William Muney,
What is your opinion that Coach Arnett was never a coordinator in Florida based on? And we threw the ball 10 times against Lynn Camp the other night, so I would say that we are pretty much a run team now. But I guess since you seem to be so well informed I'll wait to see what you think before I decide what my opinion is. Please respond so I can know what to make of our team.
:
cctiger Wrote:They were def. in london where they hold 4h camp at. I also do know that it's illegal to scrimmage while down there which they held if I'm correct scrimmages on friday and saturday against lincoln and green county. Bell also went on to scrimmage someone last week so I believe this is illegal. So I know a little more then you think I know.

You really have no idea do you???? Green Co. was not in camp with Bell. Yes they did scrimage last week, so you got us there. THEY HAD A BLUE AND WHITE SCRIMAGE AGAINST THEMSELVES NIMROD!!!!!!!!!!!:ChairHit:

Coach Carter everyone in Bell Co. is pulling for you. Make us proud.
the game is at powell county,should be a good one
I'll be pulling for Jackson Co. Nothing against Powell but Jackson's coach is a good friend. Hope they pull it out.
who is calling the defense over there at Powell, herd Fugate and Perkins left is this true. If they left i no they will have trouble.
easyM Wrote:I'll be pulling for Jackson Co. Nothing against Powell but Jackson's coach is a good friend. Hope they pull it out.

I would not post that on a public message board. :yikes: Just kidding. Hope Jackson makes a good showing of themselves this year.
Powell should win this game easily. They beat Brossart in a scrimmage and Jackson co. is about the same level.
richardhead Wrote:Powell should win this game easily. They beat Brossart in a scrimmage and Jackson co. is about the same level.

First off don't judge 09 Jackson by 08 Jackson. Second scrimages don't mean much. Jackson handled M'boro in a scrimage and I would surely think the boro is better than Brossart.:please:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I would not post that on a public message board. :yikes: Just kidding. Hope Jackson makes a good showing of themselves this year.

You're probably right. What was I thinking? lol
No I believe you all acctually scrimmaged some teams in camp. I mean if you want to call it a blue white scrimmage so you all don't get in trouble thats ok. But I do know at one point in playing one team in London you all were down 21 7. Then somethings came up and you all took over and came out on top.
Why do you persist on this scrimmage thing............Blue-White, Orange-Chartreuse.........What does it matter. There is no one worrying about it except from what I see and hear except you..........I wouldn't be spinning my wheels on something I have no control over and move on........but that thought process would have some logic behind it & no I am not from Bell, have played them and won but more times than won ..... lost but I am not crying in my cereal about it!
If you understand the game, much like life, you would have to respect the "Blue & White" team...........this is sooooooooooo trivial.
OK CC let me try this again since you have a hard time understanding. I will use small words. If a team plays in week 0, which Bell did, you are allowed 1 scrimage. They scrimaged at camp against 2 teams at the same time which you are allowed to do as long as it does not exceed 3 hours. Then 2 weeks ago they held a Blue and White intrasquad scrimage which was counted as a PRACTICE not a SCRIMAGE!! Hope that clears it up for you.

Also your information about the camp scrimage is not too good b/c Bell's varsity gave up 1 TD during the Varsity time. The Freshman gave up a couple. So it seems your information is about as correct as you are in your understanding of the current KHSAA scrimage rules.:dontthink

Now back to Jackson Co. vs. Powell Co. Powell lost a couple of good players from last year that did not return do they have the depth at those postions to carry on?

I think this will be a very important game for both sides to see were they stand in the 09 season.
You mean small statements not small wordss right? Because to you well you did spell scrimmage wrong but I'll forgive you because you are from Bell County and scrimmage is a big word for you. So maybe instead of worrying about me you should go back to school and get your ged and then worry about Bell County winning their first game of the year because yall got staight murked last week.
cougarpower Wrote:who is calling the defense over there at Powell, herd Fugate and Perkins left is this true. If they left i no they will have trouble.

Perkins and Fugate did leave. Not sure who is running the defense this year. I think it is Sebey.
No I believe you all acctually scrimmaged some teams in camp. I mean if you want to call it a blue white scrimmage so you all don't get in trouble thats ok. But I do know at one point in playing one team in London you all were down 21 7. Then somethings came up and you all took over and came out on top.

:please:

What was it you were saying about SPELLING ?
Defense respect them for what? One state championship in 17 years. They get that with a 6 class system one state championship in a regular class set up. There is no respect there maybe from teams in their area but around state people laugh and say who is Bell County?
Well.........It doesn't matter what anyone walking and breathing on this earth can say but if you have a state championship trophy in your school trophy case all you have to do is point to it..................that is why the game is called as such, a championship. In this case they have two (the coach there has three) they play a hard nosed brand of football. I do not know who you are referring to as thinking they are a joke but I know one private school in Louisville who is ranked nationally almost every year in the top 20-25 and their offensive coordinator soon to be head coach (unless he gets a better offer) does not think that at all. He spoke of their offense as one precision and their defense disciplined over the years. Let's remember, no excuses, this is rural appalachia and not a metro, city or even town............the have a tradition, like it or not..........but you have to RESPECT the results, unless you are saying that the KHSAA Football Championships have no value.
I'm pulling for Jackson Co. in this one. Carter is a great man and I wish him nothing but success.
I think Jackson will win this game. Powell lost to much. Jackson by 16
cctiger Wrote:You mean small statements not small wordss right? Because to you well you did spell scrimmage wrong but I'll forgive you because you are from Bell County and scrimmage is a big word for you. So maybe instead of worrying about me you should go back to school and get your ged and then worry about Bell County winning their first game of the year because yall got staight murked last week.

I will work on my spelling. You need to work on your knowledge in HS football, because you have ZERO!!!!!

BTW I have more years of higher education than everyone in your family combined, most likely.