Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson Co. vs. Powell Co. - Aug. 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Powell has to travel over to Jackson co. this year. Jackson co. has a new coach and assistants from Bell co. so undoubtedly they will be alot more fundamentally sound then they have been in the past. Jackson co. has some tough kids and they will be taught the "Dudley" style of football.
Will Jackson have a slight chip on their shoulders over the "incident" at Powell co. last year?:redboxer:
F.N.L. Wrote:Powell has to travel over to Jackson co. this year. Jackson co. has a new coach and assistants from Bell co. so undoubtedly they will be alot more fundamentally sound then they have been in the past. Jackson co. has some tough kids and they will be taught the "Dudley" style of football.
Will Jackson have a slight chip on their shoulders over the "incident" at Powell co. last year?:redboxer:

Go pirates!
Powell County should win this game, but it could be close.
When is this being played
Fill us in, what happened? Jackson will be ok but it will take some time for the kids to learn how to work and win. Once they do that I would expect big things.

They will however be very competitive and will have a chance in every game in the 09 season.
I'm going with Powell Co...

Powell Co. - 21
Jackson Co - 14
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Fill us in, what happened? Jackson will be ok but it will take some time for the kids to learn how to work and win. Once they do that I would expect big things.

They will however be very competitive and will have a chance in every game in the 09 season.

Rumor was an ***. coach and some fans organized a street dance after Powell defeated Jackson co. last season. I do not know the extent of this but tale was a coach and some fans were dancing in the street and actually held up the Jackson co. football team's bus taunting them. I don't know exactly what happened but I do recall hearing an ***. Powell co. coach was suspended for this. I don't know 100% as to what happened exactly but whatever it was a Powell co. ***. coach was suspended for it.
The *** represents assistant coach. I did not wish anyone to think it was any kind of profanity.
Mabey someone from Jackson co. can tell us to an exact what transpired.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Powell County should win this game, but it could be close.

I've been to a few of Powell's "practices" if that's what they want to call them and I don't think they will win a game.Even against the weakest of teams.SERIOUSLY.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I've been to a few of Powell's "practices" if that's what they want to call them and I don't think they will win a game.Even against the weakest of teams.SERIOUSLY.

Explain what you are speaking of? Why do you think they will not win a game?:thanks:
F.N.L. Wrote:The *** represents assistant coach. I did not wish anyone to think it was any kind of profanity.
Mabey someone from Jackson co. can tell us to an exact what transpired.

I would say that what happened last year is of no importance to either of these schools this year.
F.N.L. Wrote:Explain what you are speaking of? Why do you think they will not win a game?:thanks:

They have no players.Maybe one RB in Hardy but noone to block for him.Their practices are very week.They can't make it to halftime.NO QB at all.No passing threat.If he does it will be picked off.It is really sad to watch.
Who are they looking at qb to replace Billy Rice? I have heard but for the sake of Powell, I hope at least 1 of the ones I have heard is not an option. Is Tyler Brewer definately not playing? He had all the attributes to be an all state linebacker.
F.N.L. Wrote:Who are they looking at qb to replace Billy Rice? I have heard but for the sake of Powell, I hope at least 1 of the ones I have heard is not an option. Is Tyler Brewer definately not playing? He had all the attributes to be an all state linebacker.

Hale is qb and NO Tyler is NOT playing.
Hale is not a bad QB just inexperienced. We do have a passing threat to, Ward and Moore at TEs and now Wes Branham is also back in Powell. So Bobcat, stop running your mouth powell will win at least 6 games this year.
PC#18 Wrote:Hale is not a bad QB just inexperienced. We do have a passing threat to, Ward and Moore at TEs and now Wes Branham is also back in Powell. So Bobcat, stop running your mouth powell will win at least 6 games this year.
Who will be the 6 wins? (and do not say Estill)
Jackson co. will have the best coaching staff they have had and the "Dudley" disciples will have them at least fundamentally sound and they will be taught to be PHYSICAL! Morgan co. will be better, they're whole staff consists of coaches from Breathitt county and they're style is one you do not like, not to mention your former defensive coordinator is now at Morgan co.
If you are penciling in W's for the first 2, Both of these teams will be coached to be physical and Powell typically does not like physical.:dontthink
F.N.L. Wrote:Who will be the 6 wins? (and do not say Estill)
Jackson co. will have the best coaching staff they have had and the "Dudley" disciples will have them at least fundamentally sound and they will be taught to be PHYSICAL! Morgan co. will be better, they're whole staff consists of coaches from Breathitt county and they're style is one you do not like, not to mention your former defensive coordinator is now at Morgan co.
If you are penciling in W's for the first 2, Both of these teams will be coached to be physical and Powell typically does not like physical.:dontthink

Anyone heard any reports from the JC people on how things are or are not coming?
PC#18 Wrote:Hale is not a bad QB just inexperienced. We do have a passing threat to, Ward and Moore at TEs and now Wes Branham is also back in Powell. So Bobcat, stop running your mouth powell will win at least 6 games this year.

Whatever.I aint going to go back and forth with a kid.I have been at your practices and I know football.Powell County does not have a shot at 2 wins in my opinion;let alone 6.If you win 4 I'll eat my words but you may not even score.:argue:
I think Coach Carter will do a fine job, but it may take him a couple of years.
I guess it's hard being beat by a team that everyone keeps calling "weak". Someone always has something to cry about. I hope Powell can pull off an upset despite all of their challenges this year. Maybe all of Powell's fans should celebrate this year too. They deserved a celebration for what they accomplished last year. If more people would back them up like that, they might actually have a consistently improved program. There's too much fingerpointing and backbiting and not enough teamwork and support in Powell. The players deserve more support.
Powell 12
Jackson 6
Not every team can have a perfect season. Some of them have to be rebuilding seasons. Just like this year, we lost a lot of talent. But this boys that are out there right now are committed to trying there best this season. And that all we can expect out of the. Cause they are only High School kids. You can't expect them to win every game. It would be great if people supported them instead of bad mouthing them. The season has not even started and people are saying that its going to suck. I'm not saying this season, is going to be like last years. But come on give them a shot. So show some respect. if you don't have something to say that is respectful then just don't say it.
I am going with Coach Carter and And Jackson County! We miss you Coach! #10 BellCo :Thumbs
Everyone is talking about coaches from here and there. That means nothing you must have talen to win. Second just because you coached under a great coach doesn't make you a great coach. If i coached under Vince Lombardi does that make me a hall of fame coach lord know. Just because you bring a system with you and it worked at a certain place doesn't mean it's going to work there. Look at rich rodriguez went to Michigan won what two games. This isn't college either you can't recurit your players to fit your system. You either have em or you don't and if you don't have em you better be adjust your game plan because it's not going to work.
cctiger Wrote:Everyone is talking about coaches from here and there. That means nothing you must have talen to win. Second just because you coached under a great coach doesn't make you a great coach. If i coached under Vince Lombardi does that make me a hall of fame coach lord know. Just because you bring a system with you and it worked at a certain place doesn't mean it's going to work there. Look at rich rodriguez went to Michigan won what two games. This isn't college either you can't recurit your players to fit your system. You either have em or you don't and if you don't have em you better be adjust your game plan because it's not going to work.

You are off base with this. Comparing College and HS is not the way to go. In HS if you can teach fundmentals and inspire the kids to play hard you will be fine, maybe not a contender but competitive. The system Bell, Knox Central, Frankort and now Jackson will play speaks for itself. :flame:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:You are off base with this. Comparing College and HS is not the way to go. In HS if you can teach fundmentals and inspire the kids to play hard you will be fine, maybe not a contender but competitive. The system Bell, Knox Central, Frankort and now Jackson will play speaks for itself. :flame:

Frankfort ran the spread and had athletes all over the field. Atleast 4 or 5 of their players ran a 4.6 or better. Not to many mountain teams have that many players running that fast. You can teach fundamentals but that doesn't mean your players are going to run the offense or defense that you have chose to run. You still have to players to run your system and to be able to make plays. Just because you coach them up and put them in a postion to make plays doesn't mean they are going to make the plays. Does the guy from Bell even have the experince to be a head coach and lead a team. Has he ever been an o coordinator or a d coordinator or even a head coach for that matter. I guess every one will see when it plays out in the next few years if coaching under a good coach makes you a good coach if I had my vote I would say no.
cctiger Wrote:Frankfort ran the spread and had athletes all over the field. Atleast 4 or 5 of their players ran a 4.6 or better. Not to many mountain teams have that many players running that fast. You can teach fundamentals but that doesn't mean your players are going to run the offense or defense that you have chose to run. You still have to players to run your system and to be able to make plays. Just because you coach them up and put them in a postion to make plays doesn't mean they are going to make the plays. [/B]Does the guy from Bell even have the experince to be a head coach and lead a team. Has he ever been an o coordinator or a d coordinator or even a head coach for that matter. I guess every one will see when it plays out in the next few years if coaching under a good coach makes you a good coach if I had my vote I would say no.

Time will tell if he is. But I would bet yes. Seems you are making my point for me in the Bolded type. That is what seperates Dudley and company from everyone else, they put the players in postions to make plays, and more importantly win games. :thanks:
I didn't seperate any thing. As I said you must have the athletes to run the system you are trying to run. If you run the spread option you better have some speed some where. If your running the belly your first back though must be a kid who can get you 2 or 3 yards when you need it because if not the belly offense is probably not going to work because you won't have to key on that first back through. You can take a great coach put him in a situation with no players and well he won't ever make it. Thats the point I'm making just because you coach them up and say hey to the corner you have to squat in cover 2 and show him the techinque. Does that means he will come up and make the play if they throw it to flats or does that back or reciever make a play and make him look dumb?
cctiger Wrote:I didn't seperate any thing. As I said you must have the athletes to run the system you are trying to run. If you run the spread option you better have some speed some where. If your running the belly your first back though must be a kid who can get you 2 or 3 yards when you need it because if not the belly offense is probably not going to work because you won't have to key on that first back through. You can take a great coach put him in a situation with no players and well he won't ever make it. Thats the point I'm making just because you coach them up and say hey to the corner you have to squat in cover 2 and show him the techinque. Does that means he will come up and make the play if they throw it to flats or does that back or reciever make a play and make him look dumb?

Don't take great athlete's to run the Belly. Just tough kids, I have seen it too many times. 150 pound FB's, 200 lineman and QB's that can throw but 2 passes. Will they win the state championship?? Probally not but they will be competitive and tough as heck. Then if you have athlete's watch out. What amazes me is how some coaches try to take mountain kids and run the spread. :blabbermo
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Don't take great athlete's to run the Belly. Just tough kids, I have seen it too many times. 150 pound FB's, 200 lineman and QB's that can throw but 2 passes. Will they win the state championship?? Probally not but they will be competitive and tough as heck. Then if you have athlete's watch out. What amazes me is how some coaches try to take mountain kids and run the spread. :blabbermo

Very true. cctiger your own tigers is a perfect example. Big strong kids and not great speed but try to run the spread?????? What the heck? That is why they can't win in the district with the running teams. I don't think Shannon was ever a coordinator either and this is for sure not Florida.
Pages: 1 2 3