Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 9 - Paintsville 4
If there are so many coaches and assistant coaches for the team, why don't they keep the books themselves instead of the younger kids.
Before I make my comment, I'm not jealous. I agree that the Pelphrey kid hasn't stared a varsity game, but I'm willing to bet that Lyons and Sublett have been in at least 95% of the games in some form or fashion. 95% might even be a low percentage.
Iwould bet you Almost every kid on the teams has started some where or another this season. Before anyone goes crazy. I said "Almost".
Ridge Runner Wrote:Iwould bet you Almost every kid on the teams has started some where or another this season. Before anyone goes crazy. I said "Almost".

correct, if i remember correctly he started last year in the outfield and maybe some pitching not for sure.:Thumbs:
I think they do a good job switching around the ones that don't get to start. The one thing I see is no respect. I could bet my life that parents, players or the staff of Paintsville would have never, ever done these things or acted this way if Coach Adkins was there. This respect is taught at home.
Back to the thread, congrats to LC. LC is a good team, and so is Paintsville. Good luck to Paintsville in the districts.
Joker Wrote:I have been to a couple of games this year when we haven't been playing across the creek and I have seen Sublett start the game even when not pitching. I do believe the post has gotten off track. The post is supposed to be about the Lawrence Co./Paintsville game. If you want to bash the coaches, you need to go face to face with them or start a completely new post.

I totally agree!!!
Someone asked what was wrong with the team. If you dont like my answer run tell Sammons.
Gatortater Wrote:What are his qualifications? How many years coaching experience does he have prior to being the head coach at PHS? I don't know what he did prior to coming to PHS. Was he the coach at another school? I know he played the sport, but just because you playd doesn't mean you're a great coach. Just a question.

How many coaches in the 15th have played at and been honored at a Major D1 school? Not mid-major.....also look at his win %.:notworthy
Ridge Runner Wrote:You know what. you are full of crap! The players should play as a team and do what needs to be done. I arrived at the end of a game one night and watched the stat man (Coach Sublett) check the book with his Palm Pilot, that he uses. And guess what...there were 3 kids who had base hits, but the book in the dugout (which is kept by the younger kids) had those kids down for BBs (walks). NOW, You tell me...which do you trust the most? If he were padding STATS, his son would for sure be hitting better than .222 (10th best on the team)! Some people just can't handle the truth when it comes to the game. A lot of people don't know the difference between a FC, ER or a hit. I watched a parent confront Coach Sublett one day about a stat and that parent left corrected. Coach showed him what happened EVERY SINGLE PITCH on the season and explained to him the rules.
Like another poster said, Lyons, Sublett and Pelphrey don't even start. You just sound like another whiny parent to me.
What people need to do is let Coach Howard run his team. No matter who the coach is, Assist. Coaches and parents will not agree with everything the do. That is just the way it is....no matter what sport you coach. That is part of being a human being. The man has won right at 20 games every season he has been a coach and right at a .700 winning %.
Oh....By the way. Just called OTH and told him about this post and he said bite his :moon: ....lol.

Tell OTH since you know him so well I wouldnt know where to start his face resembles his :moon: Well enough said about that subject....:flush:
Now What Wrote:Tell OTH since you know him so well I wouldnt know where to start his face resembles his :moon: Well enough said about that subject....:flush:

Now What: That last statement proves why the players act the way they do! I'm sure it's your son that has respect for his Coaches? When you talk and act that way, so will your son.
Now What Wrote:Tell OTH since you know him so well I wouldnt know where to start his face resembles his :moon: Well enough said about that subject....:flush:

Told him...lol. He said why don't you be a man and come and tell him your self. But, we all know that won't happen.:eyeroll: