Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co 9 - Paintsville 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LC wins an ugly game on the defensive side of the ball for both clubs.. I think there may have only be 2 or 3 earned runs both ways... LC had atleast 5 extra base hits as well as Sam Burton goes deep for LC.
Congrats LC
Congrats LC
Batpuff Wrote:LC wins an ugly game on the defensive side of the ball for both clubs.. I think there may have only be 2 or 3 earned runs both ways... LC had atleast 5 extra base hits as well as Sam Burton goes deep for LC.

Who gave up the Home Run for Paintsville?
Congrats LC.
Congrats Bulldogs!
Who pitched for both teams?
Now What Wrote:Who gave up the Home Run for Paintsville?

I think his name was Sublett
IRISH4 Wrote:Who pitched for both teams?

Cody Moore for Lawrence and Jackson I think for Paintsville.
Now What Wrote:Who gave up the Home Run for Paintsville?

Jackson
Whatever Wrote:Jackson

The radio said it Sublett was the one pitching when the home run was hit.
What is going on in Paintsville? I thought they were playing great early in the season. Were they playing over their head then or are they just slumping right now?
Joker Wrote:The radio said it Sublett was the one pitching when the home run was hit.

Jackson was the starter and Sublett came in and was the one that gave up the HR.
Commanche Wrote:What is going on in Paintsville? I thought they were playing great early in the season. Were they playing over their head then or are they just slumping right now?

I think its called Baseball?
Congrats LC. Very rough game for both teams.
Grats LC
great pitching performance by Moore, and closing by Banks!
Sam burton hits a three run homer to clinch the victory in the 5th
Congrats LC
Commanche Wrote:What is going on in Paintsville? I thought they were playing great early in the season. Were they playing over their head then or are they just slumping right now?

Its a self made slump.....Attitudes.....to state it plainly......Yeah its supposed to be the coach's job to keep them in check. Next I would have to say it is PARENTS....Seems as their are a few who will not be satisfied till the Coach Howard is gone. Name one that is more qualified than him. Yes he needs to get rid of his entire coaching staff. Everyone of them but Crace is there for personal reasons not to mention "how do they even contribute". I even heard at one of the games some of the players bickering about STATS. Seems as if there 2 conflicting books kept in the dugout. Some players gets hits while others gets error's on the same type plays. To sum it all up Coach needs to take control of HIS team. No more pouting, slamming, cursing at the moon stuff from the players. Sit their winny AZZ's down . If I had to play out the rest of the season with my middle school team so be it there would be better carma in the duggout. Now for a select few go tell Sammons I hurt you or your superstars feelins.:moon:
Now What Wrote:Its a self made slump.....Attitudes.....to state it plainly......Yeah its supposed to be the coach's job to keep them in check. Next I would have to say it is PARENTS....Seems as their are a few who will not be satisfied till the Coach Howard is gone. Name one that is more qualified than him. Yes he needs to get rid of his entire coaching staff. Everyone of them but Crace is there for personal reasons not to mention "how do they even contribute". I even heard at one of the games some of the players bickering about STATS. Seems as if there 2 conflicting books kept in the dugout. Some players gets hits while others gets error's on the same type plays. To sum it all up Coach needs to take control of HIS team. No more pouting, slamming, cursing at the moon stuff from the players. Sit their winny AZZ's down . If I had to play out the rest of the season with my middle school team so be it there would be better carma in the duggout. Now for a select few go tell Sammons I hurt you or your superstars feelins.:moon:

If I were coaching and a player asked me if it was a hit, I would bench him. Baseball is a team game, not an individual one. Stats are for coaches use only in my opinion.

I think Tucker is an excellent coach, lay off him you could do much worse.

Attitudes will kill the chemistry of the team.
Commanche Wrote:If I were coaching and a player asked me if it was a hit, I would bench him. Baseball is a team game, not an individual one. Stats are for coaches use only in my opinion.

I said he was the most qualified. PARENTS need to lay off of him and take some of the heat for the way their child acts.:dontthink Instead they are the very ones who runs to the board. Its been an ongoing thing every since he was named head coach.
Commanche Wrote:If I were coaching and a player asked me if it was a hit, I would bench him. Baseball is a team game, not an individual one. Stats are for coaches use only in my opinion.

Yes we could....look at our assistants....:yikes:
Now What Wrote:Yes we could....look at our assistants....:yikes:

The team played extremely well early which to me indicates the coaches did a good job preparing them for the season. High School ball does not leave much practice time once the season starts and that hurts. As far as players attitudes, the fruit doesnt fall far from the tree. Get rid of the bad attitudes, they will kill the younger players. I heard a senior jumped an eighth grader for an error and then promptly made a costly one himself. That eighth grader will be better than the senior ever dreamed of being in a couple years. That is uncalled for in my opinion.
Now What Wrote:Its a self made slump.....Attitudes.....to state it plainly......Yeah its supposed to be the coach's job to keep them in check. Next I would have to say it is PARENTS....Seems as their are a few who will not be satisfied till the Coach Howard is gone. Name one that is more qualified than him. Yes he needs to get rid of his entire coaching staff. Everyone of them but Crace is there for personal reasons not to mention "how do they even contribute". I even heard at one of the games some of the players bickering about STATS. Seems as if there 2 conflicting books kept in the dugout. Some players gets hits while others gets error's on the same type plays. To sum it all up Coach needs to take control of HIS team. No more pouting, slamming, cursing at the moon stuff from the players. Sit their winny AZZ's down . If I had to play out the rest of the season with my middle school team so be it there would be better carma in the duggout. Now for a select few go tell Sammons I hurt you or your superstars feelins.:moon:

I have followed Paintsville baseball for a very long time and these last few years with Howard at the helm have been lacking to say the least. You talk about the assistant coaches out for personal agendas, tell me how? Pelphrey is an asst coach and his son doesn't start; Sublett is an assistant coach and his son doesn't start; Lyons is an assistant coach and his son doesn't start, all they want from the Lyons kid is his pitching arm. So you tell me how are they out for personal gains? IF you take a close hard look you'll see that Howard is definately there for personal gains, making sure his brother in law plays first every game. Howard is playing a young man in the infield who has so many errors it is embarrassing but he (Howard) feels obligated to the parents.

If there are two separate stat books being kept then it sounds like someone is padding the stats to keep certain players looking good. You can bet it isn't the players who don't play (including the assistant coaches kids) so figure out who that leaves.

I believe all the parents of the ballclub want is someone in leadership who will be fair and honest and give each young man a chance to fight for a starting position; not determine them before the season simply on who can do what for who.

I certainly agree that the head coach needs to take care of his team and all those who whine, and that starts with his family. Sorry but sometimes you just have to call it like it is.
Allie Katt Wrote:I have followed Paintsville baseball for a very long time and these last few years with Howard at the helm have been lacking to say the least. You talk about the assistant coaches out for personal agendas, tell me how? Pelphrey is an asst coach and his son doesn't start; Sublett is an assistant coach and his son doesn't start; Lyons is an assistant coach and his son doesn't start, all they want from the Lyons kid is his pitching arm. So you tell me how are they out for personal gains? IF you take a close hard look you'll see that Howard is definately there for personal gains, making sure his brother in law plays first every game. Howard is playing a young man in the infield who has so many errors it is embarrassing but he (Howard) feels obligated to the parents.

If there are two separate stat books being kept then it sounds like someone is padding the stats to keep certain players looking good. You can bet it isn't the players who don't play (including the assistant coaches kids) so figure out who that leaves.

I believe all the parents of the ballclub want is someone in leadership who will be fair and honest and give each young man a chance to fight for a starting position; not determine them before the season simply on who can do what for who.

I certainly agree that the head coach needs to take care of his team and all those who whine, and that starts with his family. Sorry but sometimes you just have to call it like it is.

I think Coach Howard is a good coach, but to parents a coach is only fair when their son is playing. I don't think Coach Lyons has a problem with his son not starting every game. He is a pitcher. If Coach Howard is just letting his brother in law play first, then why would his family whine. Maybe they should let Lyons play first and Rice be the ace pitcher. Would you whine about that.
The problem with Paintsville Baseball is the "PARENTS". Simply they are clueless and are fair weather fans. I have seen it since Tucker has been the coach at Paintsville. Parents will be brutal and bash him if their son isn't getting it done on the field or they think their son should be playing. Then the next year when their son is penciled in to have a spot they think he is the greatest coach east of Lexington. You can't be two faced fans and not expect it to hurt their team through the course of the season. My suggestion to the parents would be shut up or you will be watching JC or LC beat you in the first round again.

What are his qualifications? How many years coaching experience does he have prior to being the head coach at PHS? I don't know what he did prior to coming to PHS. Was he the coach at another school? I know he played the sport, but just because you playd doesn't mean you're a great coach. Just a question.
Whatever Wrote:I think Coach Howard is a good coach, but to parents a coach is only fair when their son is playing. I don't think Coach Lyons has a problem with his son not starting every game. He is a pitcher. If Coach Howard is just letting his brother in law play first, then why would his family whine. Maybe they should let Lyons play first and Rice be the ace pitcher. Would you whine about that.

:thatsfunn Why the **** would I whine? Mine finished his ball season years ago and I don't have any horse in this race. I just think from watching some games that things are not as black/white as some of you think they are. I do believe that those of us who still follow the Tigers were spoiled by Coach Adkins way of coaching: if you didn't produce your butt sat simple as that and he played who ever was producing or he played whoever he wanted just to **** the person he benched off.

this thread has gotten off course and I am through adding to it...it's quit time anyways :Clap:

Congrats to LC on the win.

You know what. you are full of crap! The players should play as a team and do what needs to be done. I arrived at the end of a game one night and watched the stat man (Coach Sublett) check the book with his Palm Pilot, that he uses. And guess what...there were 3 kids who had base hits, but the book in the dugout (which is kept by the younger kids) had those kids down for BBs (walks). NOW, You tell me...which do you trust the most? If he were padding STATS, his son would for sure be hitting better than .222 (10th best on the team)! Some people just can't handle the truth when it comes to the game. A lot of people don't know the difference between a FC, ER or a hit. I watched a parent confront Coach Sublett one day about a stat and that parent left corrected. Coach showed him what happened EVERY SINGLE PITCH on the season and explained to him the rules.
Like another poster said, Lyons, Sublett and Pelphrey don't even start. You just sound like another whiny parent to me.
What people need to do is let Coach Howard run his team. No matter who the coach is, Assist. Coaches and parents will not agree with everything the do. That is just the way it is....no matter what sport you coach. That is part of being a human being. The man has won right at 20 games every season he has been a coach and right at a .700 winning %.
Oh....By the way. Just called OTH and told him about this post and he said bite his :moon: ....lol.
Oh, and to just let a few of you who thinks that this is OTH. NOT...LMAO... he let me have this user name when he started using OTH.
I have been to a couple of games this year when we haven't been playing across the creek and I have seen Sublett start the game even when not pitching. I do believe the post has gotten off track. The post is supposed to be about the Lawrence Co./Paintsville game. If you want to bash the coaches, you need to go face to face with them or start a completely new post.
Pages: 1 2