Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfers
LOVE THE GAME!!! Wrote::lmao:
U have no idea is the perfect username for you indeed...as you said before, the player in question WOULD start for BL..and u have no idea truly of what you are talking about...actually you sound bitter, doesn't your mama love you?

I've watched the kid play. He's a below average HS player, facts are facts. At his size in JV, he should absolutley dominate. Well go ahead and send him to BL and see if he starts or not. BL doesnt have great post players, but they do go after the ball and put forth effort. He should average a double-double night after night next year. Will he?, not from what I've seen. I highly doubt you go from starting to not even seeing the floor. With hard work and dedication, he could be a force time his senior year. Not saying he doesn't have the talent, just doesnt put forth the effort and have the basketball footwork thats needed.
Anyone know if anybody is going to Shelby Valley?
Valley had open gym today........Does anyone know if there was any new faces there?
Are they having tryouts!
i just talked to one of the players and the boys name is Ramey....Idk his last name
Holmes is wrongfully looked at as a school that gets transfers, but the transfers were transferring BACK to us. they left us and then came back
Didn't realize Housley had ever attended Holmes before last year. Are you sure he did?
seen logan bartrum and clint stepp together earlier. possible transfer over to jbs
He didn attend Holmes, He attended the Feeder schools of Holmes. We have 6 elementary schools that if those students don't move, they will go to holmes for 8-12
Holmes/UKfan Wrote:He didn attend Holmes, He attended the Feeder schools of Holmes. We have 6 elementary schools that if those students don't move, they will go to holmes for 8-12

I heard he went to Holy Cross then to Newport then to Holmes as a senior. All three of these schools are within a couple miles of each other. He's played varsity basketball at three different high schools.
Mosley21 Wrote:seen logan bartrum and clint stepp together earlier. possible transfer over to jbs

If he could get eligible, of course he would go. He don't like playing behind Cox and Stamper. If he went over their he could play all 32 minutes instead of just giving these two breaks. But don't think he can get eligible so he will be a Patriot. :biggrin:
Who is LCC getting that is a transfer?
His name is Zach Ramey. He's supposed to be as good as Logan. I don't think anyone will match what defense Logan Bryant gave Valley.
goodguy Wrote:I heard he went to Holy Cross then to Newport then to Holmes as a senior. All three of these schools are within a couple miles of each other. He's played varsity basketball at three different high schools.

Housely went to Holmes elementary feeder schools, then Two Rivers Middle, then HC for his 8th and 9th grade years, then Newport 10 and 11, and Holmes 12.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who is LCC getting that is a transfer?
Josh Whitaker if they are smart and hire his dad to coach. That is a no brainer.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Housely went to Holmes elementary feeder schools, then Two Rivers Middle, then HC for his 8th and 9th grade years, then Newport 10 and 11, and Holmes 12.

and your point is??? Still a transfer, no matter how you look at it.
goodguy Wrote:and your point is??? Still a transfer, no matter how you look at it.

Umm where did I ever say he wasn't a transfer? I was actually just adding to your post about where Housely attended school because your initial post was wrong. He only played varsity basketball at TWO schools...Holmes and Newport. He played freshman ball at Holy Cross. Get your facts straight next time before you come on here posting about things you have no clue about.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:If he could get eligible, of course he would go. He don't like playing behind Cox and Stamper. If he went over their he could play all 32 minutes instead of just giving these two breaks. But don't think he can get eligible so he will be a Patriot. :biggrin:

I saw the Slone boy's father from Knott talking with Tim Parks. I have heard several boys might transfer. Sparkman, Mullins, Stamper, Logan Hall and Slone. Anybody know anything? Could they get eligible?
I say let all the cry babies that want to transfer when they don't even know who the coach is going to be...Let them go. :blabbermo :Thumbs:
Blocked Shot Wrote:I saw the Slone boy's father from Knott talking with Tim Parks. I have heard several boys might transfer. Sparkman, Mullins, Stamper, Logan Hall and Slone. Anybody know anything? Could they get eligible?

Stamper, seriously you think he would leave Knott Central?? never in his life, would he leave the Patriots, especially for JBS:lmao:
Blocked Shot Wrote:I saw the Slone boy's father from Knott talking with Tim Parks. I have heard several boys might transfer. Sparkman, Mullins, Stamper, Logan Hall and Slone. Anybody know anything? Could they get eligible?

I would say that Slone's Dad was only talking. No one from Knott is going to transfer.

But, if they did transfer, they would not get eligible. Now if they were transferring to Knott, that would be different. KCC would find a way.
Jeter_theman Wrote:I would say that Slone's Dad was only talking. No one from Knott is going to transfer.

But, if they did transfer, they would not get eligible. Now if they were transferring to Knott, that would be different. KCC would find a way.

Hall did not get eligible last year when he tried to transfer from JB to KCC
If his dad doesn't get the LCC job I think he will stay at Hazard.
Aslan Wrote:No, you can play for anyone you want to while your in grade school, but your not commited to that school unless you play for them while your in high school.

I may be wrong, but I thought that if you played 1 second for a high school team, that would count toward your eligibility and unless you move to a new address you may have to sit out a year of Varsity sports.
SportsKing Wrote:I may be wrong, but I thought that if you played 1 second for a high school team, that would count toward your eligibility and unless you move to a new address you may have to sit out a year of Varsity sports.

That's correct. But, I also think if you play a varsity game. You can still get the coach you played for to sign you off so you could move. Not 100% sure on that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
SportsKing Wrote:I may be wrong, but I thought that if you played 1 second for a high school team, that would count toward your eligibility and unless you move to a new address you may have to sit out a year of Varsity sports.

MisterPerfect Wrote:That's correct. But, I also think if you play a varsity game. You can still get the coach you played for to sign you off so you could move. Not 100% sure on that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Your eligibility doesn't start until you're a freshman in high school. For example...player A could play varsity basketball in 7th and 8th grade at one school, then transfer to another school his freshman year and be granted eligibility because he never played varsity for that school while being an actual high school student. This happens more in girls basketball than boys.

If you play a varsity sport as a high school student though, regardless of how long or short it was, you would automatically have to sit out a year. The Shotwell kid at Scott Co is a perfect example. Played for Lexington christian at the beginning of the year, got hurt and sat out the rest of the year, transferred BACK to Scott Co the following year and wasn't ruled eligible because there wasn't a change of address.
JBS can recruit player they are a private school. They are not under the same rules as other school.
cj2561 Wrote:JBS can recruit player they are a private school. They are not under the same rules as other school.

Wrong...private or not, it is against KHSAA rules to recruit players. If you are a KHSAA sanctioned team, you have to abide by ALL of their rules.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Wrong...private or not, it is against KHSAA rules to recruit players. If you are a KHSAA sanctioned team, you have to abide by ALL of their rules.

Then way can St. X and T, get the players from Louisville, Ohio, and In. and Lex Cath get the best player around Lex. and LCA got a few player from AL and around the state.
cj2561 Wrote:Then way can St. X and T, get the players from Louisville, Ohio, and In. and Lex Cath get the best player around Lex. and LCA got a few player from AL and around the state.

Just because they get these players does not make recruiting legal. Kywildcat01 is right about them being under KHSAA rules. It does not necessarily mean they follow them.