Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfers
This is going to be a great offseason for basketball....whos going where

Martin - Hazard to Perry
Whitaker - rumor has it he going to west virgina. Is this true
Collins - Cordia to b-horn...have heard many rumors about him leaving the lions. Is this True

Anymore???
Not listing any names, but have heard these schools will be involved in transfers:
1. Perry
2. Hazard
3. Powell
4. Cordia
5. Lee
6. Buckhorn
7. Wolfe
8. JBS
9. LCC
10. Jenkins
These are just the schools that people have said they will have people leaving or coming too. Don't know the specifics of who, when and why, but we will find out soon I'm sure. Should be an interesting summer.
where and why would whitaker be going to west virginia?
bballfan96 Wrote:where and why would whitaker be going to west virginia?

It's been rumored he's wanted to go to a big name private school somewhere...
I heard he got turned down by Oak Hill....and I think that's in WV
but I'd say he's still shopping around up in Northern KY and the surrounding area
zaga_fan Wrote:It's been rumored he's wanted to go to a big name private school somewhere...
I heard he got turned down by Oak Hill....and I think that's in WV
but I'd say he's still shopping around up in Northern KY and the surrounding area

Oak Hill Academy is located in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia.

You all should be very careful with your rumors, because these are high school teenagers your talking about, not college or professional athletes.
It doesn't matter where Whitaker wants to go, just because he wants to say he is going to a private school or some big named school, isn't gonna make him any better. These basketball players need to come back to reality here. This is high school ball and you have to absolutley an outstanding player to go anywhere and play ball. There is no one around here that is that good. When are you guys gonna quit blowing smoke up everyones *** and realize that. Some may go to a decent college and play a little but thats it. Boys go to college and get a good education so that you can make it in this world, because there is a life outside of basketball and you better be prepared for it.
Whitaker could play for any high school in the state.
rojas Wrote:Whitaker could play for any high school in the state.

I have a hard time seeing him play at Holmes...
He may not start, but he would play.
I have heard that a lot of schools are after the left handed Hamilton kid in 8th grade at Sebastian in Breathitt Co. I know that he is starting for the high school baseball team at Breathitt. Does this affect his ability to transfer??
14RegionInsider Wrote:I have heard that a lot of schools are after the left handed Hamilton kid in 8th grade at Sebastian in Breathitt Co. I know that he is starting for the high school baseball team at Breathitt. Does this affect his ability to transfer??

No, you can play for anyone you want to while your in grade school, but your not commited to that school unless you play for them while your in high school.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Oak Hill Academy is located in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia.

You all should be very careful with your rumors, because these are high school teenagers your talking about, not college or professional athletes.

TY :Thumbs:
I wish Whitaker the best no matter where he ends up finishing his career!
its true bout martin going to pcc and i aint heard nothing one josh whitaker going to oak hill cause i highly dont see that happen and collions cant transfere cause hes an senior just cause he was an junior at kcc last year
14thregionrules Wrote:its true bout martin going to pcc and i aint heard nothing one josh whitaker going to oak hill cause i highly dont see that happen and collions cant transfere cause hes an senior just cause he was an junior at kcc last year

I haven't heard anything about it either.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Not listing any names, but have heard these schools will be involved in transfers:
1. Perry
2. Hazard
3. Powell
4. Cordia
5. Lee
6. Buckhorn
7. Wolfe
8. JBS
9. LCC
10. Jenkins
These are just the schools that people have said they will have people leaving or coming too. Don't know the specifics of who, when and why, but we will find out soon I'm sure. Should be an interesting summer.

Betsy Layne? maybe 6'7 center
Recznik Wrote:Betsy Layne? maybe 6'7 center

Height is a number. I remember BL having like a 7 footer that couldnt dunk it or just barely could.

Like I said, if we are talking about the same kid. Won't start for BL. And will be about the 7th, 8th or maybe the 9th man off the bench.

He does however, possess a solid frame that could be built on.
Players should go where they can play instead of sitting on a bench.:Thumbs:
A couple of TOP players will be leaving Knott if there is a coaching change. Loyalty is EVERYTHING!
You can add Holmes to the list as well.

I've been hearing rumors of Chane Behanan transferring from Aiken to Holmes next year.

For those who don't know about him, he is a 6'7 225 lb PF that has already verballed to UC as a sophomore. Behanan is widely considered the best player in the c/o 2011 in Ohio and a legit 5 star prospect.

IF he transfers to Holmes, I can't see anyone playing with them in KY, with what they return.
Does anyone have anything on the gaurd that valley is getting?
I say we don't even pay any attention to rumors (let alone start any) and just see who is where when the season tips off.
play_maker Wrote:Does anyone have anything on the gaurd that valley is getting?

So you heard that Valley is getting a guard?
Yes that is what i have been told by many people and players....he suppost to stat working out with the team after spring break.
kywldcat01 Wrote:You can add Holmes to the list as well.

I've been hearing rumors of Chane Behanan transferring from Aiken to Holmes next year.

For those who don't know about him, he is a 6'7 225 lb PF that has already verballed to UC as a sophomore. Behanan is widely considered the best player in the c/o 2011 in Ohio and a legit 5 star prospect.

IF he transfers to Holmes, I can't see anyone playing with them in KY, with what they return.

Holmes is already good enough. IMO

But, it sure wouldn't hurt to get more talent.

Not Holmes, not Scott County, not Clark County, and probably a bunch more.
:lmao:
uhavenoidea Wrote:Height is a number. I remember BL having like a 7 footer that couldnt dunk it or just barely could.

Like I said, if we are talking about the same kid. Won't start for BL. And will be about the 7th, 8th or maybe the 9th man off the bench.

He does however, possess a solid frame that could be built on.
U have no idea is the perfect username for you indeed...as you said before, the player in question WOULD start for BL..and u have no idea truly of what you are talking about...actually you sound bitter, doesn't your mama love you?
BWQ32 Wrote:I wish Whitaker the best no matter where he ends up finishing his career!

:Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:You can add Holmes to the list as well.

I thought those reports were unfounded rumors. Holms returns (I think) returns 3 starters and 2 bench plays that logged a lot of minutes this past season, so they will be in the hunt for another state title next year whether they get anyone or not.

I think Whitaker is a good solid player but I do not think he is good enough to pick any school he wants to attend. If so Hazard would have scored more than 4 in the games final 10+ minutes at Rupp.