Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel Job open???
pureathlete Wrote:Wow, some what of a surprise to see the mboro faithful bash mr. roark. Not saying that I dont disagree but it is suprising.

Pure...its not a suprise if you talk with anyone from M'boro that is involved with the sports and still has an intrest left in football at MHS. People have been upset for several year. Unfortunately the people that can make a change don't care like they did in years past.

M'bore has been going through what UK basketball is going through now, if that gives you some insight.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:SL is better off with Chappel leaving. He has done nothing to help that program. I doubt Greer would leave for SL. He has a job at Bell were he has it made with his work load as an asst. principal.

SL would be very lucky to get any of the coaches we have here at Bell Co. b/c they have always lacked the defensive minded teams you need to win. Also any of those Coaches that have worked for Hilton know what it means to work hard!!!

NO...Chappell is better off leaving SL. NO support whatsoever. I don't care who the coach is if you have no support. It's pathetic that the coach's wife has to do the laundry all season because the BOE is too cheap and lazy to fix the washer and dryer in the fieldhouse, yet they finally do once Chappell resigned. Yeah, that may not sound like a big deal but it's the little things that build up to the point that you can't take it anymore. No renovations in the last twenty years, yet North Laurel is getting ready to go through renovations and it's practically a new school.

Chappell runs incredible offense and was taught well by Paul Rains while at Madison Central, he and Mark Dixon both. FINALLY...a classy coach gets to go to a program that will allow him to shine and SL will stay a basketball school. They could be both if only the support was given.
Lets look to the future...I hear the SL fans better get ready for some smash mouth football.
South Laurel has a SORRY football complex. Their weightroom is probably the worst I have ever saw for a school that size. I have saw better Middle School Weight Facilities. South Laurel is a basketball school just like Perry Central. They both are **** poor in terms of complexes and weight lifting facilities. Chappell coached at both and finally he is moving to a place where he will probably get some support. You should hear how the fans hollar from the stands at the players at the coaching staff at South Laurel. You would think all the fans played in the NFL or something talking all their smack out loud like their fat hindends do. I envy Chappell for Coaching at South Laurel and Perry Central. They are both in NO WIN Situations what so ever. NO SUPPORT at all. Good luck to you Chappell and I hope good things happen for you and hopefully Coach Browne will get him a job at a FOOTBALL SCHOOL in the future because he is one **** OF A COACH!
king360 Wrote:Where is Chappel Going?
He was named as the new coach @ Campbellsville High a week or so ago per the local radio station....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Sun Tzu Wrote:Lets look to the future...I hear the SL fans better get ready for some smash mouth football.

Please Share any info.....I have not even heard when the job will be advertised.
if i was the AD at SL i would go after Coach Mike Jones former Coach of Estill County. Jones is an excellent coach