Poll: Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
07-08 Paintsville
43.55%
08-09 Shelby Valley
56.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07-08 Paintsville vs 08-09 Shelby Valley: Who would win?
InstantOffense Wrote:Taylor was a preseason pick for a top 10 player in the 15th region by most everybody's opinion.

I know Taylor personally, used to see him every weekend. He's a great kid and a great asset to SV's success. I've even played a few games of horse and also a few pick-up games with him. He's a strong kid, physically and mentally.
I think the Elliott rematch is a tough one for both us (if it were to happen) and Elliott with all of the emotion that would go into that game. The winner may come out just as battered as the loser. One positive is that Holmes and Scott would be having an epic battle as well, assuming all 4 teams advance that far.
Fact is both teams are/were great representatives of the 15th region and we should be proud of both teams.
InstantOffense Wrote:I think the Elliott rematch is a tough one for both us (if it were to happen) and Elliott with all of the emotion that would go into that game. The winner may come out just as battered as the loser. One positive is that Holmes and Scott would be having an epic battle as well, assuming all 4 teams advance that far.

Thats a really good point. I'd love to see Valley in the title game and bring the gold back to the 15th.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Thats a really good point. I'd love to see Valley in the title game and bring the gold back to the 15th.

I think this and next seasons are great chances for that to happen. Its tough to say anyone has a great chance at a state title because there are always multiple contenders, but I think this and next year are the best chances the 15th have had in a long time.
InstantOffense Wrote:I think the Elliott rematch is a tough one for both us (if it were to happen) and Elliott with all of the emotion that would go into that game. The winner may come out just as battered as the loser. One positive is that Holmes and Scott would be having an epic battle as well, assuming all 4 teams advance that far.

I dunno, last time I remember how Elliott "couldn't get up for the game", and lost to Valley.
InstantOffense Wrote:I think this and next seasons are great chances for that to happen. Its tough to say anyone has a great chance at a state title because there are always multiple contenders, but I think this and next year are the best chances the 15th have had in a long time.

I want to say this year more than next, but we don't know how the team is going to develop over the offseason and how well Elisha's game will pick up from AAU ball.
uhavenoidea Wrote:I see what your saying, But just because SV had the momentum, doesnt mean it was over. Mostly players do improve from season to season. The Tigers wouldn't play man, IMO. Honestly though, you all really can't say Valley would have one if Bryant would have been playing because you never know, no one does. I mean I'm sure it would make any Valley fan feel better thinking that, but the regional champ trophy from last season is still on show at Paintsville. Not making fun or disrespecting Valley in anyway, its just the truth. Last season, Paintsville was the better team, they beat Valley and won the Regional Title and the ALL A one as well. I mean facts are facts. This matchup is never gonna happen, so lets just not compare the two. Compare the two teams from last year.:Thumbs:
As to the OP, it's hard to say. I'd hate to try to predict that. As Joey from friends would say, "It's a moo point. It's like a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter." You're right, last year Paintsville was the better team. We can only speculate against this years SV team, they are beatable.
This thread is pointless, but my opinion is SV wins by about 12. SV would have won last year if Booher wouldnt have told them to hold the ball. Every player for Paintsville was in foul trouble and then SV quit attacking.

But like i said this thread is pointless, both teams have represented the 15th region well. P-ville 08 went on to rupp and played well, and SV 09 won the All A state, and maybe more to come.
PC_You_Know Wrote:We're trying to compare the teams mentioned, but you're saying that a team who won a state championship couldn't beat a team who took 2 overtimes, an injury, and a foul out, to beat their previous team. That doesn't make sense, Valley fans don't like to think this years team is better than lasts because of how good Jake and Jonah were, but this years team is better, and if Paintsville last year could only beat Valley with two key players out, it's VERY hard to think that same Paintsville team could be an improved team.

If we are talking variables, lets suppose the Tigers were allowed to keep the pressure defense on the entire game. I believe there was a 20 point lead at one time until some ticky tacky fouls were called. Grimm was in foul trouble the entire game. So instead of a 20 point lead would it have been 30? Its a game of what ifs. Every point you can make someone else can counter. Plus Valley had a homecourt advantage. Play last years game somewhere else and IMO it may have been ugly for Valley.
IMO I think that Paintsville would win this game.
I definately have to say Paintsville would win this one.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Definitely would, I'd like to watch this years Elisha and Landon go at it.

IMO Elisha would eat him up.:flame:
bigman77 Wrote:IMO Elisha would eat him up.:flame:

Do you think Landon has not improved since last year? :thatsfunn I have a question since someone sent me a message. I believe you are wrong Lando was 18 when he graduated. How old is EJ? I have heard his 18th b-day is coming up, making him graduate at 19. So dont let on there is a huge age difference.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Possible Elliott rematch. That game could produce a bigger crowd than the state champ. game.

IN MY OPINION THIS IS THE BEST POSSIBLE GAME IN ALL OF THE PAIRINGS.
Valley would win by 15 I believe
age isn't that big of a difference but skill is. and this years elisha justice would eat landon up. nobody on paintsville could contain him this year. valley would win this by atleast 15.
Two different teams now so a comparison isn't feasible really, if that's the case then compare the '96-'98 Paintsville teams to the '09 Valley club.
I say Valley dominates this one. Valley has got so much better. All of the players have improved! Ashley shoots better. Elisha does everything better. Logan Bryant shoots 10x better. Taylor Newsome is very physical. Deven Adams is HUGE! So, I would have to say Valley, easy.
Valley
Shelby Valley, easily, in my opinion and I'm not a supporter of either program.

A much better matchup would be the '95-'96 Tigers vs. '08-'09 Wildcats. That would be a much better matchup, although I would say the former state champs would probably pull away down the stretch.
I think Valley would beat Paintsville by 10+. Elisha Justice would hands down be the best player on the floor. The kid can flat out play. I think Valley is better at every single position and with Adams on the inside it would pose a tought matchup.
Aslan Wrote:To be honest, even though Paintsville beat Valley last year, I still think Valley was better.

my thoughts exactly about ELLIOTT but if both teams take care of bussiness they meet in 2nd rd of state for rubber match.
IRISH4 Wrote:Two different teams now so a comparison isn't feasible really, if that's the case then compare the '96-'98 Paintsville teams to the '09 Valley club.

This guy is right you cant compare years,
ky wildcats Wrote:my thoughts exactly about ELLIOTT but if both teams take care of bussiness they meet in 2nd rd of state for rubber match.
This thread has nothing to do with Elliott.
InstantOffense Wrote:This thread has nothing to do with Elliott.

Exactly I'm pretty sure there is another thread on here to talk about them.:moon:
IMO SV would win this one
InstantOffense Wrote:This thread has nothing to do with Elliott.

OK:devilflam
InstantOffense Wrote:Well they are third and have a win over the #1 team in the state... I think that makes them contenders at least.

SV played Scott Co.? Every poll I've seen Scott Co. is #1
goodguy Wrote:SV played Scott Co.? Every poll I've seen Scott Co. is #1
Scott wasnt #1 at the time that Valley played Elliott, Elliott was at the time of the game.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.