Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 75 - Pikeville 71 (2OT)
I guess JC isn't as much of a clear cut #2 team in the region as some proclaim.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Seems like Pikeville is really on top of their game right now and playing up the there potential because a month ago most would have thought that JC would have whipped them.

Congrats Eagles... great effort Panthers!
Pikeville is playing much better after inserting Baker and Keene back into the starting lineup. If Rowe can stay out of foul trouble and Cecil, Burchett, Evans and Ratliff can give good minutes off the bench they should be a very solid team come post season.
I think that most people are not even talking about the effort Clevenger had.If you watched the game he was controling the game JC was trying several ways to stop him i think he is very underrated in this region IMO he is one of the best his effort was as good or better than welch.
Commanche Wrote:Shady, you are either an official with an appropriate name or a hypocrit. LOLBig Grin

A hypocrit? What does that mean? I have some relatives who once were officials, and I have heard them say how difficult it is. But the fact is, 99% of the people who complain in the stands are just ignorant people who are too cowardly to become an official. All I'm saying is that if there are so many people who can do better, why don't they? I'm sure the officials would appreciate some help from all these experts.
I also agree with blue sky some times it may be hard to let something go but when you are doing a half hearted job and joking about it it is time to move on to something else!
MonsterMan Wrote:Justice is a quick guard with great guard skills. Welch is more a 3 or 4 player, and has more pure athletic ability.

I agree if your saying best athlete at the 3 or 4 position then. Maybe more natural but not more athletic ability.
Shady Grady Wrote:A hypocrit? What does that mean? I have some relatives who once were officials, and I have heard them say how difficult it is. But the fact is, 99% of the people who complain in the stands are just ignorant people who are too cowardly to become an official. All I'm saying is that if there are so many people who can do better, why don't they? I'm sure the officials would appreciate some help from all these experts.

I am an ex-official myself. This goes with the territory. I am sure they are not even worried about it. Officiating is a tough job, but the officials and umpires in the 15th are very inconsistent. With three officials the walks and obvously fouls that get overlooked blow my mind. I could see it if it were 2 officials as it used to be.

As for hypocrit, that is someone who does the same thing and then gets mad at others for doing the same.
Matt Clevinger played a phenominal game last night. He has a ton of heart.
I will agree commanche Clevenger had a great game and played with a ton of heart.
Congrads JC
I can't help but wonder why a coach would let his team get down by almost 20 points before he starts making adjustments.....Is it just me that sees this???
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Congrads JC
I can't help but wonder why a coach would let his team get down by almost 20 points before he starts making adjustments.....Is it just me that sees this???

Why start this stuff? I think Coach has been very good to both of your boys and I have heard him brag about both of them on numerous occasions. I think he has been good to them on and off the floor. Allow them to enjoy the success they are having right now. This team is now 16-5. Coach has to be doing something right. Besides, both were on the floor when it mattered most last night. That should tell you how much faith he has in them.
I think that is the point that was being made. When it matters the most is the only time some of the players seem to enter the game.... WIN in the first period not the second OT !!!! Nothing wrong with early sub if the TEAM needs it.
BigBlueNation Wrote:Why start this stuff? I think Coach has been very good to both of your boys and I have heard him brag about both of them on numerous occasions. I think he has been good to them on and off the floor. Allow them to enjoy the success they are having right now. This team is now 16-5. Coach has to be doing something right. Besides, both were on the floor when it mattered most last night. That should tell you how much faith he has in them.

First of all, I am not keeping them from enjoying any kind of success that they may be having...second of all, I feel like that was a legit question that I as a parent should be able to ask without ridicule from you.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:First of all, I am not keeping them from enjoying any kind of success that they may be having...second of all, I feel like that was a legit question that I as a parent should be able to ask without ridicule from you.

As a parent you should watch the game, let the coach coach.

Parents have ruined many teams and almost ruined high school athletics.
NEXT Wrote:As a parent you should watch the game, let the coach coach.

Parents have ruined many teams and almost ruined high school athletics.

lol..well I do watch the game..and the coach is still coaching... this wasn't a slam at the coach or the team....was a simple question that some might want to blow out of proportion...lol
Coach Mckenzie is a d a m n good coach and he should be left alone to do his job. This guy is BLACK and GOLD through and through so leave him alone and he will bring JCHS back to the top
EYESPYJC Wrote:I think that is the point that was being made. When it matters the most is the only time some of the players seem to enter the game.... WIN in the first period not the second OT !!!! Nothing wrong with early sub if the TEAM needs it.

I agree. The bench is supposed to provide a spark when needed. They did that very well last night and have all season. That is their job.
OK2NV Wrote:Coach Mckenzie is a d a m n good coach and he should be left alone to do his job. This guy is BLACK and GOLD through and through so leave him alone and he will bring JCHS back to the top

Wow....nobody said he wasn't a good coach...the question was why let a team get up almost 20 points before making adjustments...Rolleyes
Can someone tell me who the refs where?
The King Wrote:I guess JC isn't as much of a clear cut #2 team in the region as some proclaim.

I still say JC is the clear #2 in the region at this point. It's not easy to go into Pikeville and get a win, so JC gets credit for doing that. Other than Shelby Valley, I doubt that any other teams in the region would be able to get a win on the Panthers' home court.

Good win JC.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Commanche Wrote:Agree with you on Whitaker and Welch plays hard but I dont think he is the most athletic in the region. Nothing to take away from JC players but it didnt hurt to have a Johnson County official under the basket in OT either. Terrible officiating from all three though. They just about let the game get out of hand.

Congrats to the JC players on a hard fought win. Johnson Central as a whole shot free throws amazingly well.

All three officials were from Pike County. I talked to another official last night.
BigBlueNation Wrote:I agree. The bench is supposed to provide a spark when needed. They did that very well last night and have all season. That is their job.

Man from where I set the bench provides the FIRE almost every game, There are three young men that come in every game that give there total selves to their team and coach, always. They may not score the most nor be the jocks of the team but watch the game be turned around EVERY TIME.
OK2NV Wrote:Coach Mckenzie is a d a m n good coach and he should be left alone to do his job. This guy is BLACK and GOLD through and through so leave him alone and he will bring JCHS back to the top

You Know what I can't stand are IDIOTS !!!! Why can people come on here and profess Mckenzie their KING and at the same time Bash a kid at the game for not scoring or falling or blaming them for some other cluster...... STUPID..... Ther are obviously lots of family members here as well as school employees that think they done the right thing. HOW can you as well as others( that regularly post here ) Make fun of our coach at the games and then hide behind a screen name later profess him the greatest???? YOU people are funny. When is he gonna bring the team back to the top please, has there been a meeting on this ???? Are they on the bottom????..............Black and Gold thru and thru, r i g h t....... The same guy that regularly ridiculed COACH Mark Starns and the administration when he was not the head coach, always critical of there calls and judgements, secretely behind ther backs,yes that is true to your school. Now you need to know more just keep it up.
I want to know which one of the officials from Saturday night was a JC grad. Keene, Bogart and Cecil. Tell us all which one graduated from JC.
MR. Slate Wrote:All three officials were from Pike County. I talked to another official last night.

Yes and we know how much they all love Pikeville. Even at that I believe all these men to be honest, and I do not believe they would intentionally put one team in the position to lose. But to be honest they are just weak officials. It just seemed like a pretty big game for that to happen. I am always a great coach and official on the sideline. And generally as with most people I believe when the game is over we have to let it go. It was a great game that was played so very hard by all the payers. They should all be proud at the way they played....
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Wow....nobody said he wasn't a good coach...the question was why let a team get up almost 20 points before making adjustments...Rolleyes

I don't have the answer to that; some coaches do things differently - some yank the starters out soon, while others give them a chance to adjust themselves before subbing. What matters is that they got it done - all of them, and that's what it takes to win. It takes a whole team - even those who don't get many minutes.

You've got two great boys that you should be very proud of, and I'm sure you are. They're good athletes, but they're also great kids. Smile
Eagle Eye Wrote:Please inform me of the names of the officials that are JC graduates? I can think of three but that is it. But they were officiating when BMR was the assigning sec.Big Grin

Did a little research on this one.

Mike Hall, Sean Hall, Roger Fairchild, David Williams, Mellisa Ratliff, and Bubby Davis. John Burton worked for JC and his daughter (don't know if she is still officiating though), they mainly did JV though.

That is all I could find out at this time. There may be more, who knows? LOL
Magnum PI Wrote:Did a little research on this one.

Mike Hall, Sean Hall, Roger Fairchild, David Williams, Mellisa Ratliff, and Bubby Davis. John Burton worked for JC and his daughter (don't know if she is still officiating though), they mainly did JV though.

That is all I could find out at this time. There may be more, who knows? LOL

I have seen 30+ games in Pike County and have only seen Cecil gall a game there. Let it go!

I watched Pikeville and East Ridge last night and thought East Ridge got the worst end of the calls. My point is our officials are so inconsistent. Let the kids decide the game, it is thier game.
BballFan63 Wrote:I don't have the answer to that; some coaches do things differently - some yank the starters out soon, while others give them a chance to adjust themselves before subbing. What matters is that they got it done - all of them, and that's what it takes to win. It takes a whole team - even those who don't get many minutes.

You've got two great boys that you should be very proud of, and I'm sure you are. They're good athletes, but they're also great kids. Smile

You're absolutlely right ..it does take a whole team. Thank you for the kind words about my boys, Iam very proud of them both on and off the court.Smile
Commanche Wrote:I have seen 30+ games in Pike County and have only seen Cecil gall a game there. Let it go!

I watched Pikeville and East Ridge last night and thought East Ridge got the worst end of the calls. My point is our officials are so inconsistent. Let the kids decide the game, it is thier game.

Why are you quoting me? I'm not complaining.

All I was doing was answering a question. At least know the who, what, when and where. Rolleyes