Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 75 - Pikeville 71 (2OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
Looks like on great game to watch.

How did regulation and the first OT end? Anyone hit last second shots to send it into OT or double OT?

Or did they miss the shots?
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Looks like on great game to watch.

How did regulation and the first OT end? Anyone hit last second shots to send it into OT or double OT?

Or did they miss the shots?
End of regulation held fo a shot when tied, no good from Pikeville.
End of First OT Clevenger layup with 2 seconds.
Great tough win for JC on the road! Good late season test to come back when you are having an off night. Ian Welch has got to be the best athletic player in the 15th. Joe Whitaker had ice in his viens on the free throws.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!
Listened to the last part of this game on the radio. What a finish! Congrats Eagles!
MonsterMan Wrote:Great tough win for JC on the road! Good late season test to come back when you are having an off night. Ian Welch has got to be the best athletic player in the 15th. Joe Whitaker had ice in his viens on the free throws.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Agree with you on Whitaker and Welch plays hard but I dont think he is the most athletic in the region. Nothing to take away from JC players but it didnt hurt to have a Johnson County official under the basket in OT either. Terrible officiating from all three though. They just about let the game get out of hand.

Congrats to the JC players on a hard fought win. Johnson Central as a whole shot free throws amazingly well.
Dag gone it I was really hoping to read all about a Pikeville win.
sounds like a good game congrats JC.
Great game. Both teams played their hearts out. May very have been the worst officated game that has ever been in that gym. I know none of those guys would cheat. They just can not call. With 38 seconds to go in the 2nd overtime during a time out the officials were under the goal and laughing. This was not the time to be laughing. They really do not know the game, and tonight they really hurt both teams. I am always told we just do not have any good officials in the 15th. Somehow, someway we are going to have to do a better job of training them. I know it is a very difficult job, but when you are hurting the game more than helping it is time to get out. I know I have done that before in my life.... Congrats really to both teams tonight, they played so hard....
Commanche Wrote:Agree with you on Whitaker and Welch plays hard but I dont think he is the most athletic in the region. Nothing to take away from JC players but it didnt hurt to have a Johnson County official under the basket in OT either. Terrible officiating from all three though. They just about let the game get out of hand.

Congrats to the JC players on a hard fought win. Johnson Central as a whole shot free throws amazingly well.

I would like for you to name someone more athletic than Welch, bet he is from Pike Co. The officials were a non issue, JC just kicked in and started playing, case closed!
Johnson Central 4 12 15 23 11-10 75

Pikeville 17 7 16 14 11-6 71

Johnson Central (16-5) -- Dale 3, Whitaker 22, Hall 8, Welch 23, Bratton 2, Parker 16.
Pikeville (14-8) -- Baker 10, Clevenger 28, Branham 2, Clark 15, Keene 6, Cecil 6, Rowe 4.
GREAT defensive effort by # 00 Mikie Dale and #4 Jeremy Bratton.
Quote:Originally Posted by MonsterMan
Great tough win for JC on the road! Good late season test to come back when you are having an off night. Ian Welch has got to be the best athletic player in the 15th. Joe Whitaker had ice in his viens on the free throws.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

If you are referring to the forward roll he did when he tripped over his own feet, then I guess you are right! That was a pretty athletic move! haha
Waldo Wrote:If you are referring to the forward roll he did when he tripped over his own feet, then I guess you are right! That was a pretty athletic move! haha

If you can not say anything nice about a player you do not need to post here. Look at his rebounds and points, you are just jelous. Great team effort in the second half, lots of role players tonight.
Congrats JC, also congrats to Pikeville. Thought both teams played well. Pikeville held their own against a much bigger team and I was impressed with their effort. The game got a little out of hand due to the officials. JC came out flat in the first half but after half time they played much more aggressive. Again, a very good effort by both teams. Good luck to both.
Congrats JC!!
Seems like Pikeville is really on top of their game right now and playing up the there potential because a month ago most would have thought that JC would have whipped them.

Congrats Eagles... great effort Panthers!
why is it that 80% of officials are JC graduates and the assigning sec. is also a JC grad???? Do they teach officiating 101 at JC instead of English????????
hot wheels Wrote:why is it that 80% of officials are JC graduates and the assigning sec. is also a JC grad???? Do they teach officiating 101 at JC instead of English????????

Please inform me of the names of the officials that are JC graduates? I can think of three but that is it. But they were officiating when BMR was the assigning sec.Big Grin
Commanche Wrote:Agree with you on Whitaker and Welch plays hard but I dont think he is the most athletic in the region. Nothing to take away from JC players but it didnt hurt to have a Johnson County official under the basket in OT either. Terrible officiating from all three though. They just about let the game get out of hand.

Isn't Pikeville's coach a JC graduate?Big Grin
After every game, someone is complaining about the officials. Yet it amazes me why none of the great ones in the stands ever get their license and become one. If all the expert officials in the stands would become a licensed official, then the problem would be solved.
a college graduate should be a must imo for all khsaa officials.
Congrats to both teams on a great game.
Congrats Eagles! Good late season showing.
MonsterMan Wrote:I would like for you to name someone more athletic than Welch, bet he is from Pike Co. The officials were a non issue, JC just kicked in and started playing, case closed!

You are right and his name is Elisha Justice from SV, case is closed. Ian is probably imo next behind him. He plays with a ton of heart as well, I am not knocking him. I think he is one of the best players in the region. I am not a homey as you thinik. I dont think anyone can deny Justice is the best and no I am not from Valley.

I just think the crew was set up the way it was due to the assigning secretary being from JC. I have not seen either of those two officials all year in the Pike county games I have gone too.

I agree JC started playing better, as I said I am not taking anything away from them.
Waldo Wrote:If you are referring to the forward roll he did when he tripped over his own feet, then I guess you are right! That was a pretty athletic move! haha

I will say he was tripped as his feet and #25 from Pikeville got tangled. His is a great athlete.
hot wheels Wrote:why is it that 80% of officials are JC graduates and the assigning sec. is also a JC grad???? Do they teach officiating 101 at JC instead of English????????

Dont lay that one on JC, they are a good academic school and I dont think anyone wants to take credit for training the officials in our region.

Bart is a JC grad but I dont understand the post the guy made, was he insinuating that Bart threw the game or what? I didnt make sense to me, or was he insinuating that the refs were pulling for Pikeville? Someone please explain.
Shady Grady Wrote:After every game, someone is complaining about the officials. Yet it amazes me why none of the great ones in the stands ever get their license and become one. If all the expert officials in the stands would become a licensed official, then the problem would be solved.

Shady, you are either an official with an appropriate name or a hypocrit. LOLBig Grin
Commanche Wrote:Dont lay that one on JC, they are a good academic school and I dont think anyone wants to take credit for training the officials in our region.

Bart is a JC grad but I dont understand the post the guy made, was he insinuating that Bart threw the game or what? I didnt make sense to me, or was he insinuating that the refs were pulling for Pikeville? Someone please explain.

I will try to explain so that you can understand. I was just trying to figure out your post because you said that there was a Johnson County official under the basket. So was he calling for JC because he is from JC or was he a friend of Coach Williams who was pulling for Pikeville. You said it best in your response!:Thumbs:
Commanche Wrote:You are right and his name is Elisha Justice from SV, case is closed. Ian is probably imo next behind him. He plays with a ton of heart as well, I am not knocking him. I think he is one of the best players in the region. I am not a homey as you thinik. I dont think anyone can deny Justice is the best and no I am not from Valley.

I just think the crew was set up the way it was due to the assigning secretary being from JC. I have not seen either of those two officials all year in the Pike county games I have gone too.

I agree JC started playing better, as I said I am not taking anything away from them.

Justice is a quick guard with great guard skills. Welch is more a 3 or 4 player, and has more pure athletic ability.
Pages: 1 2 3