Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copley at Greenup
FBALL Wrote:Its not so much negativity as the truth. I have coached there myself and it is hard to get everyone on the same page.

Maybe you didn't have the right bookRolleyes Smile
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:There is a school called Copley in Ohio so when I saw this post I thought why is Copley playing a Kentucky team? I say that only because of the travel time.
He played at Lawrence CO under Cuke Williams. They never gave him a chance at Pikeville... Given time he will turn the program around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Kosar Wrote:How well do you guys from pville think Copley will do at GC?

I hope he does well. I know how much you like Greenup football and want a successful program.
goal_line Wrote:Maybe you didn't have the right bookRolleyes Smile
The book was fine. Its just too many people speaking a different language that has always been the obstacle.
I don't really know Michael Copley, but I hope he has better success at Greenup than he did at Pikeville.
gobigblue65 Wrote:I don't really know Michael Copley, but I hope he has better success at Greenup than he did at Pikeville.

He wasn't given time at Pikeville to do much of anything. Also, the schedule that he was dealt for last season would've been brutal for any school in EKY and all schools in class A with the exception for the teams in their district.
Does Greenup care alot about their Practical Living CATS test scores? Must not!!
Good luck coach.
sacbunt Wrote:Does Greenup care alot about their Practical Living CATS test scores? Must not!!
?????????? please explain.
:confused:
sacbunt Wrote:Does Greenup care alot about their Practical Living CATS test scores? Must not!!
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Hope Copley has a long and successful career at Greenup.
It is offical.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...80859.html
It says in the paper that he will be bringing some assistant coaches with him. Who do you think they will be also what coaches at greenup do you think will try and stay there?
Copley will do fine. I dont think Pikeville gave him the in house assistants that a successful coach will need to be successful. There were too many good players who didnt play, that needed more than one coach to let them know they were needed. Also the schedule was brutal for a class A school. I hope that he gets some coaches who are in the schools daily. Baseball is a big deal at Greenup and I think it is imperative that Copley and Logan work together.
FBALL Wrote:The book was fine. Its just too many people speaking a different language that has always been the obstacle.

Dang Portuguese!
Congrats Michael, good luck next season.
I'm not sure how every one else feels, but as a parent in the GC system....there is definately a different feel surrounding this coach. There is an excitement surrounding football that I haven't seen in years. To be honest with you, I'm not a huge football fan but after meeting this coach and seeing his enthusiasm I can't wait to go to the games. Win or Lose he's already bringing "something more" to the program!! Good Luck Coach Copley and the Musketeers!!
GC2144 Wrote:I'm not sure how every one else feels, but as a parent in the GC system....there is definately a different feel surrounding this coach. There is an excitement surrounding football that I haven't seen in years. To be honest with you, I'm not a huge football fan but after meeting this coach and seeing his enthusiasm I can't wait to go to the games. Win or Lose he's already bringing "something more" to the program!! Good Luck Coach Copley and the Musketeers!!
I hope you feel the same way when he starts off 0-4.
DevilsWin Wrote:I hope you feel the same way when he starts off 0-4.
He may start O-4 this season, Greenup has pretty much no senior class. Next year after he has had a full year and a great group of seniors. I predict 4-0.
DevilsWin Wrote:I hope you feel the same way when he starts off 0-4.

And we wonder why there is so much negativity surrounding our children.... I wonder where they get it.. No one, and I mean no one is expecting him to come in and be a super hero. There isnt a coach anywhere that can go to a school with a semi-broken program and "fix" it in a few months. Why the negativity?, why not just accept the fact that we are excited to have a new coach and look forward to what he brings to the program.....

Oh wait, your name says it all......... :devilflam
He also has another mentor and GREAT offensive line coach joing him this year. I look for that record to look a little different at the mid-way point of the season.
Two years ago, Greenup was a regional runnerup, and hope they get back to what they was.
Greenup really needs to bring the kids out & get the #'s up. I hope Copley hires an offensive coordinator & let him work the defense.
Good Luck Coach
Looks like Pikeville gave him up continue a family tradition, IMO. Ben Howard, son of Hillard Howard, will be taking the reigns.
Copley will have Greenup County turned around in 2 years.

They will be 9-1 in 2010 in the regular season.
Fly By Night Wrote:Copley will have Greenup County turned around in 2 years.

They will be 9-1 in 2010 in the regular season.
I hope your right.
60% of the players who began spring football are no longer attending practices.

What has happened?
I talked to Copely the other day and he said he just wants to make it thru this year because he said he has a really hard schedule and not a lot of players!
Copley is gooing to need a couple of years to rebuild Greenup.

Best of luck to Mr. Copley