Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Copley at Greenup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just saw on another board that Copley was named the coach at Greenup co. Anybody have info on this?
Well I didnt know he was let go at Pikeville.
Good Luck! Tuff place to coach!
Bub Lewis Wrote:Good Luck! Tuff place to coach!

...compared to Pikeville? Confusedhh:
:lmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:...compared to Pikeville? Confusedhh:
We've had a sub for a couple of days, this must be the reason.
Congrats to Coach Copley,Now get the program headed in the right direction.
Congratualations to Copley and a great hire by the staff at Greenup.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:...compared to Pikeville? Confusedhh:

I see what ya mean but you would be surprised.
Well I didnt even know he had left Pikeville.
I had heard he had a 3 hour interview with them, but didn't want to post anything regarding the hire, until I knew it to be a fact. Congrats Copley!
Congats Copley! Wish you and your wife the very best . It should be a good fit as long as their serious about football.
I know he has spoken with some of Greenup County's previous coaches. I hope he isn't expecting alot of support from the school system or he could be in for a big let down.
I wish Coach Copely and his family nothing but the best wherever they go.
How well do you guys from pville think Copley will do at GC?
As much as i hate to see Coach copely gone but he will bring GC back with his extremely good weight lifting and work ethic!!
He was bringinning Pikeville back but they were being like they always are and lost an extremely good coach that all the kids liked and had a special bond with!!!
Good Luck Copely!!!
I know you will be successful!!!!!
i know, right? Wrote:As much as i hate to see Coach copely gone but he will bring GC back with his extremely good weight lifting and work ethic!!
He was bringinning Pikeville back but they were being like they always are and lost an extremely good coach that all the kids liked and had a special bond with!!!
Good Luck Copely!!!
I know you will be successful!!!!!
I hope you are right.
Given the divides at Greenup even Lou Holtz would have trouble getting something lasting out of GC.
DevilsWin Wrote:Given the divides at Greenup even Lou Holtz would have trouble getting something lasting out of GC.
Ahh, more negativity, How refreshing.
Kosar Wrote:Ahh, more negativity, How refreshing.

Its not so much negativity as the truth. I have coached there myself and it is hard to get everyone on the same page.
FBALL Wrote:Its not so much negativity as the truth. I have coached there myself and it is hard to get everyone on the same page.
The way you just said it was much less negative than the other post. I am not denying that there has been some issues with GC, but this is our chance for a fresh start and to keep bringing up negatives from the past does nothing but insult the people who are trying to change things for the better now.
Kosar Wrote:Ahh, more negativity, How refreshing.
Facts are facts.
Kosar Wrote:The way you just said it was much less negative than the other post. I am not denying that there has been some issues with GC, but this is our chance for a fresh start and to keep bringing up negatives from the past does nothing but insult the people who are trying to change things for the better now.
Why don't you Greenup Fans just let a coach coach for a change and the rest of us won't have anything bad to say about Greenup Co.

Forget the McKells and the Wurtlands and the Racelands.

Concentrate on Greenup Co and you'll be much better off.

It's not like its a secret.
Kosar Wrote:The way you just said it was much less negative than the other post. I am not denying that there has been some issues with GC, but this is our chance for a fresh start and to keep bringing up negatives from the past does nothing but insult the people who are trying to change things for the better now.

I hope they do get things straight down there. There are too many athletes in that school to not have a good program.

The hard part about it is getting all of them together. It is a huge school district geographically with way too many political divisions.
DevilsWin Wrote:Why don't you Greenup Fans just let a coach coach for a change and the rest of us won't have anything bad to say about Greenup Co.

Forget the McKells and the Wurtlands and the Racelands.

Concentrate on Greenup Co and you'll be much better off.

It's not like its a secret.
I graduated 15 years ago,even back then I didnt see any wurltand vs mckell problems. That is a problem from years ago that never gets brought up anymore unless it is from someone from outside of GC.
FBALL Wrote:I hope they do get things straight down there. There are too many athletes in that school to not have a good program.

The hard part about it is getting all of them together. It is a huge school district geographically with way too many political divisions.
You are right on the money with this statement.
Kosar Wrote:I graduated 15 years ago,even back then I didnt see any wurltand vs mckell problems. That is a problem from years ago that never gets brought up anymore unless it is from someone from outside of GC.
I coached there about 15 years ago and there was still plenty of it around. Maybe not from a students point of view but it was certainly there in the politics of the school system and in the outlook of alot of the adults associated with it.
FBALL Wrote:I coached there about 15 years ago and there was still plenty of it around. Maybe not from a students point of view but it was certainly there in the politics of the school system and in the outlook of alot of the adults associated with it.
The new administration is not from one side of the county or the other, he is neutral and it is already showing.
There is a school called Copley in Ohio so when I saw this post I thought why is Copley playing a Kentucky team? I say that only because of the travel time.
Kosar Wrote:The new administration is not from one side of the county or the other, he is neutral and it is already showing.
I would have to agree, since Younce and Mercer are gone things seem to be fine. Coach Copley will have the support that he will need to successful. IMO Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3