3. Stuart Stamper (KCC)
4. Charlie Banks (LCC)
5. Chris Noble (PCC)
6. Brent Hall (JBS)
7. Micheal Campbell (Hazard)
8. Klay Maggard (PCC)
9. Robert Warren (Hazard)
10.Zack Mullins (Kcc)

Zach Mullins? He's a nice young player but top 10?
zulu Wrote:Whitaker by far is the best player and most consistant player in the 14th. Cox is decent, but not a consistant player and no where near as quick as Whitaker. I would also rank Noble from PCC near the top as well.

You sir, are on crack. Tate Cox ate Whitaker alive. No where near as quick as Whitaker, now that is funny. Anyone who watched the Mountain Classic could see who was the better guard. Cox by far.
I think Ritchie from Breathtt should be in the mix up, maybe top 15
IMO, Aaron Charles definitely is a player who stands out in the 14th. He can knock it down from pretty much anywhere, and is also a defensive threat.
Cackling is good offensively, but it lacking in the defensive stand point. No offense to Tristan, but just how I view this.
aaron charles from lee co is definately a top 5 player in the region..i would put him as the best guard behind cox and whitaker with stamper falling closely behind
Overrated Wrote:Tate Cox
Josh Whitaker
Stuart Stamper
Garrison Collins
Clint Stepp
Charlie Banks
Robert Warren
Tristan Cackling
Michael Campbell

Not in that order.

Good list take Campbell off.
Tate Cox is the best player without question.
UK_fan54 Wrote:Tate Cox is the best player without question.

I agree, without a doubt he the best in the 14th. I think staying back 2 years difinitely helped him out. He should have graduated last year, but hey can't blame him if it's legal.
zulu Wrote:I agree, without a doubt he the best in the 14th. I think staying back 2 years difinitely helped him out. He should have graduated last year, but hey can't blame him if it's legal.

How can you prove this information to be true?
I'm not downing him, I know it's legal but barely. He will turn 19 just after the school year starts next year. I think he made it by about a week or so. I see nothing wrong with it if it's within the rules and apparently it is. It just kind of wired that he will be just a couple months shy of his 20th birthday when he graduates high school.
Someone told me Tate Cox was already 18 and I didn't believe it....
Now downing but Cox has always been surrounded by players who are as good as, or better, than he is; or in other words, always on a team alongside other players who are ranked in the top 5 players in the region. That makes it a little easier to be 'good' and on a successful team. We saw what happened when PCC could focus their defense on him.

Whitaker also is surrounded by talent. Would either of these two be ranked in the top 5 in the region if their teams were not successful?
ARC Wrote:Now downing but Cox has always been surrounded by players who are as good as, or better, than he is; or in other words, always on a team alongside other players who are ranked in the top 5 players in the region. That makes it a little easier to be 'good' and on a successful team. We saw what happened when PCC could focus their defense on him.

Whitaker also is surrounded by talent. Would either of these two be ranked in the top 5 in the region if their teams were not successful?

I think they would both be top 5 regardless of who they played for.
worker1 Wrote:I think they would both be top 5 regardless of who they played for.

You're probably right, just something to think about.
Is Chris Lewis a big guy??
ARC Wrote:Now downing but Cox has always been surrounded by players who are as good as, or better, than he is; or in other words, always on a team alongside other players who are ranked in the top 5 players in the region. That makes it a little easier to be 'good' and on a successful team. We saw what happened when PCC could focus their defense on him.

cox only dropped 24 points on pcc defense, being double teamed all night. pretty good in my book. i would have to say cox is the best player in the region, whitaker a very close 2nd.
bluegrass15 Wrote:cox only dropped 24 points on pcc defense, being double teamed all night. pretty good in my book. i would have to say cox is the best player in the region, whitaker a very close 2nd.

Now you actaully make sense :p
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Now you actaully make sense :p

dude, i just call it how I see it.
House Wrote:Someone told me Tate Cox was already 18 and I didn't believe it....

And speaking of age, someone also told me Eric Back would be graduating this year had he not stayed back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he a sophomore?

I know it's common for kids to stay back one year, but I didn't realize some were held back two. :eek:

At this rate they're gonna have to start calling it MENS high school basketball.

How old is the Whitaker kid? Was he a holdback too?
Spartan4Life Wrote:1. Tate Cox (KCC)
2. Josh Whitaker (Hazard)
3. Stuart Stamper (KCC)
4. Charlie Banks (LCC)
5. Chris Noble (PCC)
6. Brent Hall (JBS)
7. Micheal Campbell (Hazard)
8. Klay Maggard (PCC)
9. Robert Warren (Hazard)
10.Zack Mullins (Kcc)

that list is some bullcrap ever other list has tristan cackiling on it and then this one doesn't i dont know what in the **** your smoking but thats messed up
tate cox is by far the best player in the region. he never lets other people affect how he plays and is a very smart player
chudson Wrote:that list is some bullcrap ever other list has tristan cackiling on it and then this one doesn't i dont know what in the **** your smoking but thats messed up

well this is just this persons opinion..i have seen and played against tristan on several accounts and i think he is worthy of being a top 10 player in the region...the fact that cackling isnt in this poster's top 10 may be to the fact taht he hasnt seen him play so you shouldn't get all worked up about it lol..and if he hasnt seen him play and gets the chance to then he may change his mind bout that...
If you was to get every highschool players records, you will see that over 80% of high school players are hold backs at some time or another. So that should not even be an issue. Cox proved to everyone in thw WYMT that he was the best player in the 14th. Anyone who watched it could tell you that. My brother ain't watched high school ball in about 5 years and he told me that Tate is the best player that he has ever watched. PCC is the best defensive team in the 14th and look what Tate did to them.
Crazy Horse Wrote:If you was to get every highschool players records, you will see that over 80% of high school players are hold backs at some time or another. So that should not even be an issue. Cox proved to everyone in thw WYMT that he was the best player in the 14th. Anyone who watched it could tell you that. My brother ain't watched high school ball in about 5 years and he told me that Tate is the best player that he has ever watched. PCC is the best defensive team in the 14th and look what Tate did to them.

Oh, I'm not questioning Tate being the best player in the 14th. And I know there are alot of hold backs. I don't know if 80% is an accurate number, but there are definitely more now than ever. Someone brought up age, and it just surprised me about the TWO YEAR hold backs. But I will say that if you have a true junior and a junior that should be a freshman in college, the one that would be a freshman in college SHOULD be better.
House Wrote:Oh, I'm not questioning Tate being the best player in the 14th. And I know there are alot of hold backs. I don't know if 80% is an accurate number, but there are definitely more now than ever. Someone brought up age, and it just surprised me about the TWO YEAR hold backs. But I will say that if you have a true junior and a junior that should be a freshman in college, the one that would be a freshman in college SHOULD be better.

yeah this is true..its just the fact of playing more and more basketball gets you better...a two year holdback has had the chance to play more and get more experience and practice more than someone who is true to their age and grade...even as for myself i wasnt a great player in high school or anything but the fact that ive been outta school for 3 yrs if i were to be on a high school team right now i would probably be atleast top 15 because ive had the chance to play more basketballCool
1. Tate Cox
2. Josh Whitaker
3. Guard from Estill
4. Stuart Stamper
5. Chris Noble
6. Charlie Banks
7. Aaron Charles
8. Andy Blank
9. Brent Hall
10.Garrison Collins
I don't see why Klay Maggard is'nt in there
king360 Wrote:I don't see why Klay Maggard is'nt in there

Klay Maggard should definitely be on there.
Tate Cox is the best because of the intangibles he brings to the table. Defense, Ft shooting, court awareness, cool under pressure, etc. Coaches' son.

Cackling is definitely a top player because of his offensive side. I would like to see him turn it up on the defensive side. I am sure he is afraid of foul trouble like most HS players.

Whitaker has the point guard mentality with the ability to score. He may play more shooting guard now that Back is eligible. Coaches' son.

Banks gives you those intangibles as well. He rebounds, passes, dives on the floor with reckless abandon. Coaches' son.

Stamper is an outstanding scorer. Has that attitude that he will get it done one way or another. Coaches' son.

If picking a 14th region team, it would be hard but you probably start with these. With the game on the line you would want these on the floor. There are others as well; Charles, Maggard, Amis, Warren, Blair, Collins, Hall, Proffit, Jones, Noble, etc.
UKisN1 Wrote:Tate Cox is the best because of the intangibles he brings to the table. Defense, Ft shooting, court awareness, cool under pressure, etc. Coaches' son.

Cackling is definitely a top player because of his offensive side. I would like to see him turn it up on the defensive side. I am sure he is afraid of foul trouble like most HS players.

Whitaker has the point guard mentality with the ability to score. He may play more shooting guard now that Back is eligible. Coaches' son.

Banks gives you those intangibles as well. He rebounds, passes, dives on the floor with reckless abandon. Coaches' son.

Stamper is an outstanding scorer. Has that attitude that he will get it done one way or another. Coaches' son.

If picking a 14th region team, it would be hard but you probably start with these. With the game on the line you would want these on the floor. There are others as well; Charles, Maggard, Amis, Warren, Blair, Collins, Hall, Proffit, Jones, Noble, etc.

This is a good list but, I think that Andy Blank from Buckhorn should definitely be on there. He can hold his own with anyone on that list. He can score, shoot, defend the other team's best player, rebound,handle the ball and will take more charges than most teams in the region will this season.