Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou. Central 40 - Breathitt County 19
Do they get Hughes back next year? Mister Cobb was just a beast in this game. BC had a great season, but Central had way to much speed for them.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Congrats to BC for getting there and KUDOS goes to Central for back to back.....Just watch our for the DEVILS next year !!!!!!!!!!

I am getting my state tickets early !!!!!!!!
Uhm I guess for who ever gets there....LOL
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
BelfryPirates Wrote:I know they lose Wilson and Cobble, and they return Tim Patterson.

Ummm... I think you're wrong on all 3. I KNOW Mister Cobble is a junior (you should have seen the look on my face last year when they told me he was a sophomore, after I asked what colleges were looking at him...), and IIRC from talking to the LC fans last year, Wilson is also a junior, and Patterson (QB?) should be a senior this year. I may have the names on Wilson and Patterson mixed up though, but the QB should be a senior.

Yes, I talked to some of the LC fans after the game last year. I was standing around waiting and so were they and it was cold and they asked me who had been looking at Maydo.

BTW, Cobble is probably going to be the top rated defensive prospect in the state next year.
Cobble is a senior I do believe.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
BatCat11 Wrote:133 yards rushing on 18 attempts and 39 yards receiving on 4 catches
Not bad considering the Central defense is pretty good and they were focusing on him.....The other players really did not step up and make plays and that is what got the Bobcats beat.....I hope next season that the Bobcats have some consistent WR play......
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Congrats to Breathitt County you guys had a great season!!!!!
Sarrr Wrote:Ummm... I think you're wrong on all 3. I KNOW Mister Cobble is a junior (you should have seen the look on my face last year when they told me he was a sophomore, after I asked what colleges were looking at him...), and IIRC from talking to the LC fans last year, Wilson is also a junior, and Patterson (QB?) should be a senior this year. I may have the names on Wilson and Patterson mixed up though, but the QB should be a senior.

Yes, I talked to some of the LC fans after the game last year. I was standing around waiting and so were they and it was cold and they asked me who had been looking at Maydo.

BTW, Cobble is probably going to be the top rated defensive prospect in the state next year.

Actually Sarr....
Cobble and Wilson are both Seniors who have committed to UK.

Patterson IS the Junior and the most heavily recruited of the three, he will be the top prospect in the State of KY next year offense or defense.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Actually Sarr....
Cobble and Wilson are both Seniors who have committed to UK.

Patterson IS the Junior and the most heavily recruited of the three, he will be the top prospect in the State of KY next year offense or defense.

yes, you are correct. he is wrong.
This game made my day. Not only did I get to see some good football, but I also got to see Channing Fugate get beat. It just shows that you need more than one player to win a championship. I will never forget this day!!!
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:This game made my day. Not only did I get to see some good football, but I also got to see Channing Fugate get beat. It just shows that you need more than one player to win a championship. I will never forget this day!!!
Smile That is just funny....It takes more than 1 player to make it to the championship...If you think that Breathitt is a one man team you know little about what it takes to field a good team....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Great season Bobcats, congrats LC on your 2sd state title
Yes they lose Cobble and Wilson.

Almost everyone else is back. IMO Central threepeats next season.

I believe both offensive Tackles are sophmores. QB is a junior. FB is a junior. I believe Central only had twelve seniors on the roster.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:This game made my day. Not only did I get to see some good football, but I also got to see Channing Fugate get beat. It just shows that you need more than one player to win a championship. I will never forget this day!!!

Sounds like somebody is jealous.
Jealous or just tired of hearing the hype. Either way Central proved they were the best in 3A and Breathitt County had a great year.
FBALL Wrote:Jealous or just tired of hearing the hype. Either way Central proved they were the best in 3A and Breathitt County had a great year.
Agreed. Fugate is a heck of a running back and deserves credit. But all the One man show and Mr. Football talk gets old. Josh Gross was a better back and didn't receive near as many accolades as Fugate IMO.
Congrats Central. And Congrats to the Bobcats on a great season you made the moutains proud!Big Grin
Crossbones Wrote:Agreed. Fugate is a heck of a running back and deserves credit. But all the One man show and Mr. Football talk gets old. Josh Gross was a better back and didn't receive near as many accolades as Fugate IMO.

I think Gross was a better in high school RB. But Fugate has size to go along with that speed. I think Fugate is great and has the size that colleges are looking for.
FBALL Wrote:I think Gross was a better in high school RB. But Fugate has size to go along with that speed. I think Fugate is great and has the size that colleges are looking for.
Fugate's size and surprising speed will earn him a scholarship, no doubt, He is very well deserving of praises. He runs hard is tough to bring down. His field vision is questionable though. As for overall athletic ability, Josh Gross and Doug Howard were head and shoulders above him.

He does have another year though.:yikes:
Its and honor just to make it to the finals!! Congrats to Central but I have very proud of the three mountain teams who make the finals !!!
Why do you people keep on bringing up the little Umpalumpa Doug Howards name all the time on here when we know David Jones was the best player on to come out of Belfry. Where did Howard go? Pikeville College? Lasted a week didnt he? Channing Fugate is a lot better than Doug Howard. Fugate will hopefully be wearing UK Blue and White after next season. He is at least
6'3-230. Howard was 5'5-140. We cant compare those sizes.
I'm not surprised by this result! But I still wonder what happened to Belfry??
warmachine Wrote:Why do you people keep on bringing up the little Umpalumpa Doug Howards name all the time on here when we know David Jones was the best player on to come out of Belfry. Where did Howard go? Pikeville College? Lasted a week didnt he? Channing Fugate is a lot better than Doug Howard. Fugate will hopefully be wearing UK Blue and White after next season. He is at least
6'3-230. Howard was 5'5-140. We cant compare those sizes.

doug was about 5'10 about 220 or 230 prob and alot faster and stronger than fugate..
EKY Sportster Wrote:I'm not surprised by this result! But I still wonder what happened to Belfry??

TURNOVERS....
BatCat11 Wrote:63 of those came of one run

and 31 on another, that leaves 39 on 16 carries, 2.5 per
Breathitts back was broken early in the game. The Int that Jade threw that Central took back was the straw that broke the cambels back. Before that we were hitting them in the mouth and taking it to them. I got an update and the score was 7 to 0 Breathitt, then i turn around a few mins and Central was up 14 to 7. From what updates I got, Breathitt just couldnt hit the open receiver and were under or over throwning the ball. Breathitt has their chances to break this game wide open but just couldnt connect. O well there is always next year. Our players have another year to get stronger, faster and more put together. I think next year it will be a different story. Breathitt isnt a one man team either, if we could have gotten the ball to the open man, I beleive we would have one. But now I start to sounds like some Belfry fans (caugh caugh Cuppett777) making excuses on why we lost. O well Congrats to Central and we will be seeing you agian next year.
congrats louiville central on you win but the bobcats might get you next year
Howard was not 220. He was nearer 200 and maybe 205. The roster from 2004 at state says 205. He was probably 5'9" - 5'10". He was faster than Fugate, but Fugate does have the size advantage. Howard also has something Fugate can never have: 2 championship rings. It will be really interesting to see how Fugate projects at the college level. If he is intent on staying a running back, then low to mid D1 is where he will end up. If he wants to change positions on offense to tight end or fullback, or concentrate on defense, then a lot of bigger D1 schools come into the picture. I liked watching Channing play last week. He is a really good all-around football player.
Since all the names were brought up.

To all the Belfry and Russell fans in 04.

Wasn't it an awesome sight to see Gross, Jones and Howard all on the same field?

Back to the regularly scheduled program.
Sarrr Wrote:Ummm... I think you're wrong on all 3. I KNOW Mister Cobble is a junior (you should have seen the look on my face last year when they told me he was a sophomore, after I asked what colleges were looking at him...), and IIRC from talking to the LC fans last year, Wilson is also a junior, and Patterson (QB?) should be a senior this year. I may have the names on Wilson and Patterson mixed up though, but the QB should be a senior.

I am looking at our program from yesterday and Cobble and Ridge Wilson are both SENIORS.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I'm not surprised by this result! But I still wonder what happened to Belfry??

It was called losing to the Breathitt Bobcats.