Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Prestonsburg??
Belfry will take this one if they come in playing their game that they have been showing everyone since opening kickoff.

Pirates 47

p-burg 20
This game scares me to death....... This year is no different because when it comes to Belfry/P'Burg you can throw all the records out the window. It dont matter that Belfry is 5-1 and P'burg is 1-5...its going to be a war.

I have alot of respect for the Prestonsburg program and so does Coach Haywood. We need to come out focused and intense. We need to keep the Cat fans and the refs out of the game with solid smashmouth football. Ball control will be the key against the Cats.We just need to limit our mistakes and keep the ball out of their hands.

If Belfry can do all that, I feel good about our chances.

Go Pirates !!!!
1 Thing 4 sure... It's gonna get REAL ugly REAL quick.
I can't wait until next Friday, no matter the records, it's going to be a great game. P-burg's confidence has raised a little bit and I'm sure they will be ready for this game, as they always are. The offense they're running now suits there team much better, but I haven't seen anything on Belfry, except for a couple of highlights from SO and that I know they thumped a good Pikeville team. Never the less, I like P-burg's chances in this one.

P-burg - 28
Belfry - 21
football05 Wrote:MR. I last years game at belfry was an awsome atmosphere to be around .....it felt like a game at UK or something I guess where everyone was so packed tightly together and everyone in the game...amazing I hope this friday is the same way....

im sure it will be, the game there the year before last was a great one...you all have a great atmosphere there as well, i cant wait:wenumber1
maybe we could meet up MRI?
football05 Wrote:maybe we could meet up MRI?

sure thing football i will definitely be there
No matter who the oponent,,, Belfry has equalizer that will doom them in no matter who they play and that is fumbles. If we turn the ball over like the Lawrence County game I honestly think we lose this game.

These next three weeks will let us Belfry fans know where this team is.... right now I think we are all on cloud 9 watching these young men mature and become a top tier 2A football team... but it will be so easy for us to be clamoring how we have no shot at a regional title if we struggle through these next 3 weeks.

Pburg- this game will teach us alot... how our team handles a team that is very talented that they are supposed to beat (think about a 2nd round playoff matchup type of team)

Sheldon Clark- should be for district title, this will teach us how our team will respond against a solid team in a big game setting with alot of pressure,, SC should be 6-2 coming in and prolly ranked in the top 10 in the state. This will show if we are ready for a regional final game.

Ironton- How will this young team respond against a physical, powerhouse type of team. We will be the underdog,,,much like we will be in the state semi finals if we make it that far.

We look impressive the next few weeks and all of a sudden you'll see the Pond Creek nation out in full force the rest of the year ala 2003 and 2004.
P-burg if they can stay away from the penalties that they are known for getting then the game can stay close. But if they can't then Belfry will come away with the W. But gl to both teams.
Belfry 35
P-Burg 14
I will also be attending this game. If anyone wants to meet me, I will be working this game. My job (Appalachian Wireless) is gonna be at the front where they take up tickets. We should have a tent, table, or something showing App Wireless' name. I'm the tall one that will be working there. Just look me up and we will talk. You can also sign up at our table for a chance to win a 50 dollar check while you are there. We have given away 50 dollars at every game we have attended this year, and donated 100 dollars to both teams. But just look me up.
So you wont be watching the game BCF4L?
Good a time as any Smile
Wont be close at all
Can you please explain one thing- how does an out of state team, Ironton, Ohio- figure into the district picture?

I'm just a little lost on this one.
I'm going with Prestonsburg....
WOW Wrote:Can you please explain one thing- how does an out of state team, Ironton, Ohio- figure into the district picture?

if sheldon clark and belfry end up with the same record in district play, one of the tie breakers is thier overall record....a loss against ironton puts belfry at a bad disadvantage.
How does Ironton figure into the District equation ??? If a team loses all their noindistrict games and wins all the district games, they are the dist. champ. There is no way Ironton can keep us from winning the dist. title. We have beaten Ironton once out of 11 times, did the losses prevent us from winning district ? No :Thumbs:
WOW Wrote:Can you please explain one thing- how does an out of state team, Ironton, Ohio- figure into the district picture?

They don't :big grin:
They will once Prestonsburg wins Friday. Confusedhh:
Yeah I'll be watching the game football. There is someone else working with me that game so I'll be there watching while he's working. Smile
blackcatfan4life Wrote:They will once Prestonsburg wins Friday. Confusedhh:

:BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh: :BigLaugh:
I am sorry to the people at P-burg, but I really dont think they have a chance against Belfry. It will be Belfry by as many as they want
shew, before the season started I was sooooo prepared to talk all kinds of smack on here when Pburg played Belfry, i'm so glad that Pburg has alot for me to brag about this year tho..........:lame: :Angry07:
I think it will be a good game. I still think it will be closer than ppl think. Belfry will be prepared, they won't underestimate the Blackcats. Like I said, this game scares me to death.....and though It's not for the district title as usual, it is a must win for Belfry as they will play Sheldon Clark for the District title next week at Belfry on homecoming.
halftime score BHS-14 PHS-13 ,Final score BHS-35 PHS-20
Belfry-49

P-burg-21
I am going to go with belfry in this one not b/c I want to just b/c I know they will win.
Belfry 28
Pburg 14
I hope prestonsburg doesnt waste alot of money on fireworks...I know they will waste about 5000 before the game but im sure they will have some ready IF we win......
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:if sheldon clark and belfry end up with the same record in district play, one of the tie breakers is thier overall record....a loss against ironton puts belfry at a bad disadvantage.

Not exactly, a loss in your out of district schedule doesn't hurt you, it just doesn't help you any, and it only matters in a 3 way tie situation.

If there is a 2 way tie, then the winner of the head to head matchup gets the district title.

In the 3 way tie, if either of the 3 teams has beaten the other two, then that team wins the title. If all three teams have beaten each other (SC beats Pburg, Belfry beats SC and Pburg beats Belfry) then it comes down to non-district wins.

In that case, you get one point for every win by any non district opponent that you have beaten. And the team with the most points is district champ.

For instance, if Belfry beats Pikeville and Lawrence Co, and loses to Henry Clay and Ironton. And Pikeville has 7 wins and LC has 3, then Belfry would get 10 points.

Pburg didn't win any non-district games and so they would get 0 points

If SC beat Fairland and Knott Co, they would get points for each win that Fairland and Knott has. Say Fairland won 7 and Knott won 4 games, then SC would have 11 points and would win the district.

Second and third place would then be decided by the head to head battle between Belfry and Pburg. In this case, Pburg would be 2nd and Belfry would be 3rd.

Of course that is all hypothetical, but that is how it works.