Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
34.67%
Hazard
65.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Hazard (Class A 2nd Round)
Really, I think Hazard matches up more with Pikeville.
bac2369 Wrote:Evenly matched. Paintsville can't match hazards speed. Hazard is motivated after that loss to LCA and I can assure you that. I got to the game at Halftime and this was a sideline that was very motivated so i can't wait to see how loud and emoitonal they are going to be later on in the playoffs. I have watched quite a few games this season and last night was the best i have seen the sideline all season long. Its usually quite and i expect the sideline to get the team pumped up on the field and make them play better. So I would say watch out people this Hazard team seems to finally be determined to get where they want to go.

I wouldn't be so sure about that! I know that neither Paintsville or Hazard's speed was a factor in either of their games against Johnson Central. Hazard could do absolutely nothing and the Tigers either. But I think you may be right about the motivation part! The Paintsville team I seen play Pineville seemed to lack much motivation and if they bring that same attitude to Hazard then it will be a long night for the Tigers! But if they get up for the game, it should be a good one!
Bigg Fan #1 Wrote:OTH just supports his team no matter what. Just like your suppost to
There is a fine line between supporting your team and making unsupported. Heck, I love watching the Cleveland Browns, but that's like me saying they are as talented as the Patriots or the Colts. You have to seperate personal bias and the obvious, but heck let a teenager have their own opinion.

Good luck to both teams
Tear Drop Wrote:There is a fine line between supporting your team and making unsupported. Heck, I love watching the Cleveland Browns, but that's like me saying they are as talented as the Patriots or the Colts. You have to seperate personal bias and the obvious, but heck let a teenager have their own opinion.

Good luck to both teams

One of my favorite quotes..."Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to". Nothing wrong with having faith in your team.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:One of my favorite quotes..."Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to". Nothing wrong with having faith in your team.

Well said!! :Thumbs:
Paintsville has been lucky so far...but Hazard will show them how to play and win. Not a score person...just say the Dawgs with W on this one.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I wouldn't be so sure about that! I know that neither Paintsville or Hazard's speed was a factor in either of their games against Johnson Central. Hazard could do absolutely nothing and the Tigers either. But I think you may be right about the motivation part! The Paintsville team I seen play Pineville seemed to lack much motivation and if they bring that same attitude to Hazard then it will be a long night for the Tigers! But if they get up for the game, it should be a good one!

I think they may be more motivated now...it's playoff time
I'm gonna go with Hazard in this one for one reason, because Paintsville hasn't beat a decent team this year.
Tear Drop Wrote:There is a fine line between supporting your team and making unsupported. Heck, I love watching the Cleveland Browns, but that's like me saying they are as talented as the Patriots or the Colts. You have to seperate personal bias and the obvious, but heck let a teenager have their own opinion.

Good luck to both teams

:wtf1: You make absolutely NO sense! And WHAT, do I have to explain?
Was it not you that made the statement. "Hazard's fourth or fifth best player might be as good as Paintsville's best."? Yes it was. So do you care to elaborate or take a stab at it?

Here is your other one, "You care to take a stab at it OTH? Explain yourself..."
Because I said, "I highly doubt that"....lmao. OK here you go. I'm gonna stab at it now. Are you ready? Rolleyes

III......dooon't .....agreeee......wiiiith.....yooooour.......playerrrrrrr......compaaariiisooons.
:Thumbs:

Teenager......ROFLMAO! Not even close. I can't find for the life of me, why you said what you have said. I didn't make any crazy bold statements or predictions.
Hazard will win this game by 2 TDS. But Hazard will still need to show up for this game. If they don't Paintsville will beat Hazard by a TD.
OffTheHook Wrote::wtf1: You make absolutely NO sense! And WHAT, do I have to explain?
Was it not you that made the statement. "Hazard's fourth or fifth best player might be as good as Paintsville's best."? Yes it was. So do you care to elaborate or take a stab at it?

Here is your other one, "You care to take a stab at it OTH? Explain yourself..."
Because I said, "I highly doubt that"....lmao. OK here you go. I'm gonna stab at it now. Are you ready? Rolleyes

III......dooon't .....agreeee......wiiiith.....yooooour.......playerrrrrrr......compaaariiisooons.
:Thumbs:

Teenager......ROFLMAO! Not even close. I can't find for the life of me, why you said what you have said. I didn't make any crazy bold statements or predictions.
I was simply saying Hazard is a very talented football team. Here are their best players Tyler Olinger, Michael Campbell, Josh Kidd, and the Blanton kid. These players were very good when we played them this year. I'm not knocking Paintsville, they are usually a classy team but I'm just saying these players are very good. I guess you'll have to see it with your own eyes. Sorry bout the age judgement...just figured most people are kids on here.
Tear Drop Wrote:I was simply saying Hazard is a very talented football team. Here are their best players Tyler Olinger, Michael Campbell, Josh Kidd, and the Blanton kid. These players were very good when we played them this year. I'm not knocking Paintsville, they are usually a classy team but I'm just saying these players are very good. I guess you'll have to see it with your own eyes. Sorry bout the age judgement...just figured most people are kids on here.

Also, #24 Greg Adams!
Tear Drop Wrote:I was simply saying Hazard is a very talented football team. Here are their best players Tyler Olinger, Michael Campbell, Josh Kidd, and the Blanton kid. These players were very good when we played them this year. I'm not knocking Paintsville, they are usually a classy team but I'm just saying these players are very good. I guess you'll have to see it with your own eyes. Sorry bout the age judgement...just figured most people are kids on here.

I'll say one thing. If all those players you mentioned are -more- talented than Nathan Doderer (Paintsville's best player), then Hazard has underperformed this year in a BIG way.

I'd rather believe the Bulldogs have been coached sufficiently to have played somewhere around their true talent level. That's what leads me to think you're dead wrong in your previous assertion about Hazard's top 5 players being better than Paintsville's best player.

Wink
Hazard 34-20.
Hazard 42 and Paintsville 14
good luck to both but tigers in ot its gonna to be a good one
The Tigers Will Be Ready For Hazard On Friday Night!!!

Good Luck Tigers --- Beat The Dawgs !!!
[COLOR="Navy"][/COLOR]
GO BIG BLUE !!!

Good luck to both teams
Did you give any support to you saying that Hazard has 4-5 players better than anyone on Paintsville's team? Nope. You just spouted that out there and figured everyone would agree! LMAO! I doubt very seriously if you could actually judge who the best 4-5 are on Hazards team. If Hazard has 4-5 players better than Doderer, they shouldn't have lost a game this year.
oneijoe Wrote:I'll say one thing. If all those players you mentioned are -more- talented than Nathan Doderer (Paintsville's best player), then Hazard has underperformed this year in a BIG way.

I'd rather believe the Bulldogs have been coached sufficiently to have played somewhere around their true talent level. That's what leads me to think you're dead wrong in your previous assertion about Hazard's top 5 players being better than Paintsville's best player.

Wink

If Nathan and Nehimiah Doderer are the same player, he is pretty good, but he may not be Paintsvilles' best. I think the QB (Deaton ???) looked good on both sides of the ball when I watched them play. But with that said, I only saw 1 game of theirs.
No doubt Hazard has some very good skill players. But the Tigers have a few skill players of their own that I know can go head to head with Hazard's best five. Unfortunately, it will take a little more than a few skill players for either of these teams to win this game!
Hazard wins this game with no problem and gets more motivated for each game for a rivlary game and then a 4th round home game that decides whether they go to state.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard wins this game with no problem and gets more motivated for each game for a rivlary game and then a 4th round home game that decides whether they go to state.

One thing I am most certain of is that neither Paintsville or Hazard is going to State!

But may the best team win this one and go as far as they can take it.
EKY Sportster Wrote:One thing I am most certain of is that neither Paintsville or Hazard is going to State!

Hazard has a great shot at state. Any of the teams from district 5 or 6 has to travel. Raceland will have two away games. LCA would have 2 away games. Williamsburg would have 1 away game and that would be the 4th round. Hazard has not lost at home since September 22, 2006.
EKY Sportster Wrote:One thing I am most certain of is that neither Paintsville or Hazard is going to State!

Hazard, will go to state this year. Hazard is hard to beat at there home. Raceland, luck is about to run out. It will be Hazard vs LCA/Williamsburg in the semi's. Raceland will have a 4 to 5 hours drive to get to Williamsburg.
I think a lot of the people that think Paintsville has no shot is crazy. I've seen both Paintsville and Hazard play and I can honestly say it's a toss up. This game will come down to whoever wants it the most and from the sounds of it, I think some are overlooking the Tigers. If this attitude carries over to the team then I'll go with P-ville in what some would consider a shocker.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think a lot of the people that think Paintsville has no shot is crazy. I've seen both Paintsville and Hazard play and I can honestly say it's a toss up. This game will come down to whoever wants it the most and from the sounds of it, I think some are overlooking the Tigers. If this attitude carries over to the team then I'll go with P-ville in what some would consider a shocker.

I am definately not over looking Paintsville i just dont think they match up well with hazard and someone who struggles to put up 14 points on Pineville is hurting. Its no offense to Paintsville there just out matched and playing at Hazard will be too much to over come. I will give Paintsville this i believe they are the best team in district 8 this year no matter if Pikeville beat them or not.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think a lot of the people that think Paintsville has no shot is crazy. I've seen both Paintsville and Hazard play and I can honestly say it's a toss up. This game will come down to whoever wants it the most and from the sounds of it, I think some are overlooking the Tigers. If this attitude carries over to the team then I'll go with P-ville in what some would consider a shocker.

I can't see Paintsville winning this game. Paintville is down this year. Hazard is a better team. But in the playoffs anything can happen.
Hazard has underachieved this year after coming off a 13-1 season last year with about the entire team coming back...but you are right, it is the playoffs and anything can happen.
It is very easy to under achieve when injuries have occurred and off the field issues have happen. Now finally everyone is healthy except 1 or 2 people but the Hazard is ready and is finally motivated and I think its good and is at the perfect time. I believe they have made some changes that will benefit the team and put in a few offensive packages to help move the ball if the passing game isnt working.