Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Surprise team in the 14th Region?
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I think Powell may surprise some people and pull off some upsets. Other thoughts?

Not after all their players quit.There was a thread on here but it went poof.It was true.
Lee County will be the biggest surprise in the region. Only the teams that know about them, those from the 56th district, are paying them much attention. The fact is they have one of the biggest teams in the region, and one of the best players in 6'3 guard Aaron Charles. They also have Pelfrey, a 6'6 slimed down center who looked (according to those that saw him in preseason scrimmages) very improved over last season. Add 6'5 Georgia transfer Pittman, 6'3 forward Campbell, and returning player at guard Wiseman, and you have the makings of a highly competitive team. I don't know about their depth though, and that could be an issue that may dog them througout the season in the games against the region, and area's, best teams.
codeblue Wrote:Jenkins lost their heart and soul when Puckett graduated.

Jenkins ony lost a good player. He was not the heart and soul of Jenkins. He was a player that was overblown. Not saying he didn't play some good ball, yes he was good. But to say he was the heart and soul of Jenkins is a HUGE OVERSTATEMENT.
The Jenkins football team certainly struggled without Puckett.
palmer Wrote:The Jenkins football team certainly struggled without Puckett.

Jenkins has struggled in football for the longest time not just after Puckett.
They were a lot better with him. He made a big difference.
In my opinion, the 14th is a really close race going into the season. Between Hazard, KCC, PCC, and LCC it could be anyone's game and without seeing any of them play a single game this season, it's hard to say in the pre-season. Buckhorn was hitting at almost the bottom of the region statistically last season but have one on the best players in the region in Blank. It's hard to rank these teams because you have standouts from each team ranking differently than you would rank the teams as a whole. If Andy Blank is truly in the top 3 best players in the region and his team is barely in the top 10, how do you predict beforehand how the season will turn out? It's definitely going to be interesting to see how the entire region shapes up in the next couple of weeks.

IMO i think Lee Co. will be big suprise to some people but im sure there is a few teams in the 14th that will upset some teams as well.
i think Lcc will be pretty decent
I think Cordia will surprise a few teams. They will not compete for the region but they will beat a few teams that they are not expected to beat.