Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. 38 Bell Co 36 OT - FRESHMAN
Collet. You will get to know much more about him next year.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Just curious, who's the RB that broke his arm....has he been out all season?

No just 2 weeks ago. Real bad break he had pins but in.

He played in the JV game against HC, (he only played in 2 freshman games NL and Knox) He had 3 TD's, 1 was an interception return of about 104 yards. He is a very talented athlete. I think his older brother who is Soph WR had 2 TD's in that game.

On the Varsity level Bell returns nearly all of their OL and most of the Defense. With this young skilled kids they will be a very good team next year as well.
Well bobcat_dad, we can't wait for the rivalry between HC and BC next year either....should be some great games in the years to come, as our players coming up from the 8th grade and freshman, and the ones remaining from this year are definitely nothing to sneeze at either. Good luck in the rest of the season.
Sun Tzu Wrote:Collet. You will get to know much more about him next year.

Collett is an 8th grader very talented as well.

Denmother, Us Bell fans are very glad that we will begin a rivalry with HC. Some other teams around these parts don't play us anymore and we are tired of the long road trips. Big Grin

When is the new field expected to be done for HC???
I've heard several different reports regarding the new field and atheletic facilities, so I really hate to comment on that as I'm not sure....But, believe me, all concerned here in HC are VERY anxious for them to be started and completed. The kids deserve the new atheletic facilities to go along with their new school. From what I've heard, when it finally is done, it will be awesome. :Thumbs:
I am sure it will be. So far the BOE has spared no expense.
[quote=Mama Bear]Well, I was really proud of our Freshmen team till I figured out we played Bell County's 3rd graders, a couple of Dudley's water boys, and a hitchhiker

If u played the 3rd graders U wouldn't have the W. The 3rd & 4th grades was 14-2 on the yr. One lost was in double OT the other was in fall break Bell had 3 starts the was not even thier and 2 starters who coach Allen wouldn't even let play. because they missed practices.Its funny harlans lower grades want even play Bells lower grades.
CATS#2 Wrote:[quote=Mama Bear]Well, I was really proud of our Freshmen team till I figured out we played Bell County's 3rd graders, a couple of Dudley's water boys, and a hitchhiker

If u played the 3rd graders U wouldn't have the W. The 3rd & 4th grades was 14-2 on the yr. One lost was in double OT the other was in fall break Bell had 3 starts the was not even thier and 2 starters who coach Allen wouldn't even let play. because they missed practices.Its funny harlans lower grades want even play Bells lower grades.

LOL This has already been discussed. Lot's of comments over a Freshmen game from concerend Bell fans...don't worry, Bell will get a chance to play them next year. It's OK. It's just a Freshmen game. :thumpsup:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=47647
CATS#2 Wrote:[quote=Mama Bear]Well, I was really proud of our Freshmen team till I figured out we played Bell County's 3rd graders, a couple of Dudley's water boys, and a hitchhiker

Blaming an excuse on Fall Break, that is the best one I've ever heard. LOL. You need to check with Bell County's coaches at the elementary level because I can assure you that every age group football team in Harlan County was looking forward to playing Bell County this year but is seems after many emails and phone calls, that Bell County didn't want to commit. Check your sources.
The bell- harlan freshman game was one of the most exciting i have seen in a while. Can't wait to see what happens in the future. Both schools have a lot to be proud of in their teams
[quote=Mama Bear]Well, I was really proud of our Freshmen team till I figured out we played Bell County's 3rd graders, a couple of Dudley's water boys, and a hitchhiker from US119. :p

LOL!!
This is priceless

:thatsfunn
This is quite entertaining the JV game all the Black Bears fans hyped up on here a few months ago wasn't a big deal to Bell Fans on here until they won and then the sight was flooded with Bell comments. I have a feeling if Bell had won this game you all would be saying how good they played but since they lost these games don't mean a lot. This philosophy is full of excuses and full of something else!
Patriot Wrote:This is quite entertaining the JV game all the Black Bears fans hyped up on here a few months ago wasn't a big deal to Bell Fans on here until they won and then the sight was flooded with Bell comments. I have a feeling if Bell had won this game you all would be saying how good they played but since they lost these games don't mean a lot. This philosophy is full of excuses and full of something else!

Who was making excuses?? Were did you see excuses?? You my friend have no idea what you are talking about.

Let it die, it was just a freshman game.
Things have not went as planned in Harlan Co. when it comes to varsity football. In June all the talk was of how this was going to be the next Mercer and win a championship while in 3a. These freshmen games over Bell has given the Bears something to look forward to. I take this as a compliment for the Bell program ,when a community gets so excited when they beat your freshmen team, and you beat us... no excuses. Time will tell if you can build that team into a contender in 5a. 5A in the mountains at this time is where you may want to be. Both districts are down. However, always waiting is Highlands and believe me we know how that is. So congradulations on your freshmen victories and we will see you next year on the varsity level.
Snare43 Wrote:Things have not went as planned in Harlan Co. when it comes to varsity football. In June all the talk was of how this was going to be the next Mercer and win a championship while in 3a. These freshmen games over Bell has given the Bears something to look forward to. I take this as a compliment for the Bell program ,when a community gets so excited when they beat your freshmen team, and you beat us... no excuses. Time will tell if you can build that team into a contender in 5a. 5A in the mountains at this time is where you may want to be. Both districts are down. However, always waiting is Highlands and believe me we know how that is. So congradulations on your freshmen victories and we will see you next year on the varsity level.

Good post. I agree.
Snare43 Wrote:Things have not went as planned in Harlan Co. when it comes to varsity football. In June all the talk was of how this was going to be the next Mercer and win a championship while in 3a. These freshmen games over Bell has given the Bears something to look forward to. I take this as a compliment for the Bell program ,when a community gets so excited when they beat your freshmen team, and you beat us... no excuses. Time will tell if you can build that team into a contender in 5a. 5A in the mountains at this time is where you may want to be. Both districts are down. However, always waiting is Highlands and believe me we know how that is. So congradulations on your freshmen victories and we will see you next year on the varsity level.

Actually Snare, things have went better than "planned" this year. I don't think anyone in Harlan Co. thought we would be another Mercer. I think the concern was from other teams in 3A BECAUSE of what happened with Mercer. The consolidation process is a tough one to go through. We had to take 3 cross county rivals and bring them together as one. Not just players, but parents, teachers, and whole communities. Even before the doors to the new Harlan County High School opened, the process of merging as "one" had already began on the practice field. You have to realize that even the coaches that were at the three other schools had to come together and trust each other's judgement and lay aside any petty differences. When the players for these former schools saw the confidence and trust that they had in this new coach, then they kinda fell right into place. We all kinda wondered what kind of leader Coach Larkey would be. I'm sure most of all these assistant coaches had to wonder if this All-Star Coach that the County Board had hired would rule with an iron fist or if he would treat everyone with mutual respect. You know Snare, some of these successful coaches can have a "God-Like" demeaner and can be really difficult to get along with. I think Coach Larkey came into Harlan County with a plan to build a mountain powerhouse team and he is doing it by showing fairness and respect. Respect for his coaches, respect for his players, and respect for our community.

The success that we will enjoy for the following years will always be owed to the strong leadership of Coach Larkey, the assistant coaches who came together, these players who bonded so well, and a community who got behind the children of our county during this 2008 football season.

I can't wait to begin this rivalry with Bell County. Your attempt to disrespect and down grade this years football team will only make it more enjoyable.

Good luck in the play-offs! It's always good for all of us when a mountain team is successful. Bring home the big one. :thumpsup:
Mama Bear Wrote:Actually Snare, things have went better than "planned" this year. I don't think anyone in Harlan Co. thought we would be another Mercer. I think the concern was from other teams in 3A BECAUSE of what happened with Mercer. The consolidation process is a tough one to go through. We had to take 3 cross county rivals and bring them together as one. Not just players, but parents, teachers, and whole communities. Even before the doors to the new Harlan County High School opened, the process of merging as "one" had already began on the practice field. You have to realize that even the coaches that were at the three other schools had to come together and trust each other's judgement and lay aside any petty differences. When the players for these former schools saw the confidence and trust that they had in this new coach, then they kinda fell right into place. We all kinda wondered what kind of leader Coach Larkey would be. I'm sure most of all these assistant coaches had to wonder if this All-Star Coach that the County Board had hired would rule with an iron fist or if he would treat everyone with mutual respect. You know Snare, some of these successful coaches can have a "God-Like" demeaner and can be really difficult to get along with. I think Coach Larkey came into Harlan County with a plan to build a mountain powerhouse team and he is doing it by showing fairness and respect. Respect for his coaches, respect for his players, and respect for our community.

The success that we will enjoy for the following years will always be owed to the strong leadership of Coach Larkey, the assistant coaches who came together, these players who bonded so well, and a community who got behind the children of our county during this 2008 football season.

I can't wait to begin this rivalry with Bell County. Your attempt to disrespect and down grade this years football team will only make it more enjoyable.

Good luck in the play-offs! It's always good for all of us when a mountain team is successful. Bring home the big one. :thumpsup:

I think thats the best post i have seen on here.Well said.:Thumbs:
Bravo Mama Bear....GREAT post. I don't think anyone could have said it better. :praise:
Bears I intended no disrespect to this years team. You as a fan base gave put them behind the 8 ball from the get go, with unrealistic expectations. You can pull hundreds of posts on the other site showing the intent of championships. From the Letcher County line to the Bell County line people talked about how good they would be.........I will leave you with good luck the rest of the season. See ya soon.
By the way Mama Bear your post was dead on. We all outside HC said that in June.
Mama Bear Wrote:Actually Snare, things have went better than "planned" this year. I don't think anyone in Harlan Co. thought we would be another Mercer. I think the concern was from other teams in 3A BECAUSE of what happened with Mercer. The consolidation process is a tough one to go through. We had to take 3 cross county rivals and bring them together as one. Not just players, but parents, teachers, and whole communities. Even before the doors to the new Harlan County High School opened, the process of merging as "one" had already began on the practice field. You have to realize that even the coaches that were at the three other schools had to come together and trust each other's judgement and lay aside any petty differences. When the players for these former schools saw the confidence and trust that they had in this new coach, then they kinda fell right into place. We all kinda wondered what kind of leader Coach Larkey would be. I'm sure most of all these assistant coaches had to wonder if this All-Star Coach that the County Board had hired would rule with an iron fist or if he would treat everyone with mutual respect. You know Snare, some of these successful coaches can have a "God-Like" demeaner and can be really difficult to get along with. I think Coach Larkey came into Harlan County with a plan to build a mountain powerhouse team and he is doing it by showing fairness and respect. Respect for his coaches, respect for his players, and respect for our community.

Everyone is happy for the students in Harlan Co. that have a brand new school, a new begining and the players that have a wonderful opportunity. But trust me when I tell you that the Harlan Co. fans will not like this rivalry the you can't wait to begin.
I congratulate you in advance of you first playoff victory. GO BEARS!
Who would have EVER though that this much DRAMA would get started over this. I wouldn't of posted this to begin with had I known what was going to happen. I just thought it would be good for people to see this kind of game being played in a freshman setting. So sorry for posting this and making drama. IMO this was a good game, from both sides and the rivalry is done proving to be one that will be something to see for many years hopefully.
Sun Tzu Wrote:Everyone is happy for the students in Harlan Co. that have a brand new school, a new begining and the players that have a wonderful opportunity. But trust me when I tell you that the Harlan Co. fans will not like this rivalry the you can't wait to begin.
I congratulate you in advance of you first playoff victory. GO BEARS!

Bell wasn't a champion overnight. It took them several years to get past Cawood.
Snare43 Wrote:Things have not went as planned in Harlan Co. when it comes to varsity football.

They were picked 7-3 in the preseason by the newspaper.
They finished 7-3.
That sounds like it went as planned.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Who was making excuses?? Were did you see excuses?? You my friend have no idea what you are talking about.

Let it die, it was just a freshman game.

You my friend you must be blind! I'm not saying you personally are making excuses but if you look back you will see excuses. Fall Break, Players Out, Coaches didn't think it was an important game to let good players play.
Looks like a duck talks like a duck must be a bobcat. I am not trying to down grade your program. As all in Harlan County know Bell County is our measuring stick on how we are progressing. And as a fan I know you all hate to lose but back in September when the JV beat the crap out of ours it wasn't just a JV game! Bell won so it was a good game for Bell. Same here for the Freshman game.

As for the others who mentioned the pressure we put on our team not one person in Harlan county mentioned us as a another mercer that came from all of the complainers saying we shouldn't have played 3A this year. As for the pressure I feel like as fans we expect our team to win every time out. What kind of fan expects their team to lose. I know you all sure don't.

Looking forward to the Rivalry and both teams always having a quality opponent that will play every year and not just when they want to pick an choose to play us. Good Luck!
One thing I wanted to comment on that I meant to do last night, someone made a remark about us fans getting this happy over "a freshman win" or some sorts of that. Well yes, you see we are behind every program here, little league, 5th/6th, 7th/8th, freshman, JV, varsity, every program we are behind, or well let me say I'll speak for myself at least on this. We are proud of each and every game they win, and every game they loose as well. We are behind them, as a community SHOULD be behind them from the start!

Like someone else posted, you can't build a powerhouse program over night. We like to start young with our boys and get them ready, and we're doing a pretty darn good job here if you ask me. Harlan County will have no problem with competing in the coming years with the coaches and players we have here now.

So when you say things about us getting happy over a freshman game, all I can say is why would you not get happy over your teams freshman winning? Doesn't seem like much of a fan if you ask me.
Patriot Wrote:You my friend you must be blind! I'm not saying you personally are making excuses but if you look back you will see excuses. Fall Break, Players Out, Coaches didn't think it was an important game to let good players play.
Looks like a duck talks like a duck must be a bobcat. I am not trying to down grade your program. As all in Harlan County know Bell County is our measuring stick on how we are progressing. And as a fan I know you all hate to lose but back in September when the JV beat the crap out of ours it wasn't just a JV game! Bell won so it was a good game for Bell. Same here for the Freshman game.

As for the others who mentioned the pressure we put on our team not one person in Harlan county mentioned us as a another mercer that came from all of the complainers saying we shouldn't have played 3A this year. As for the pressure I feel like as fans we expect our team to win every time out. What kind of fan expects their team to lose. I know you all sure don't.

Looking forward to the Rivalry and both teams always having a quality opponent that will play every year and not just when they want to pick an choose to play us. Good Luck!

No not blind have good glasses. :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:

**** you all win we will not ever beat Harlan Co. the freshman beat ours and the dynasty is over. We have now ran out of excuses so the gig is up. Rolleyes
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:No not blind have good glasses. :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:

**** you all win we will not ever beat Harlan Co. the freshman beat ours and the dynasty is over. We have now ran out of excuses so the gig is up. Rolleyes

Smile

I don't care what you say Bobcat_Dad, I can't wait to see this rivalry begin. I love watching good football and these two teams promise to put on a good performance. It may take us a year or two but we'll getcha.

WEEK 10 2009 Let the rivalry begin!