Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central and Paintsville get more votes in AP poll than Pikeville
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville and pikecille's schedules are fairly close. They both play P-burg, JCHS and Belfry are their respective biggest opponents, but Paintsville plays Sheldon Clark and Raceland and those 2 IMO are better than Corbin and Ashland, so Lex Cath evens their schedules out.

EKUAlum05 Wrote:Raceland and Ashland are even.
Corbin is slightly better than SC, and at worst equal.
LexCath is a top tier program.
Pikeville has an advantage in S.O.S

Gotta agree with EKU here. I would also give Corbin an edge over SC, with Raceland getting the edge over Ashland. LexCath makes it a slam dunk that Pikeville has the harder schedule. But even if you give the slight edge to SC/Raceland, LexCath (one of the top teams in 4A) does not "even out" the schedules. Pikeville definitely gets the nod for schedlue strength.

As for who should be ranked? Right now, I'd have to say none of them. AC has proven they can beat up on bad teams. Paintsville and Pikeville have proven they can beat up on bad teams and lose to good ones. So basically, not much proven by anyone. The most impressive game by any of the three was Pikeville's 8-point loss to Corbin, so if anyone would get the honor of getting poll votes, I think it would be the Panthers. But in all honesty, none of them have done anything to impress anyone so far.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blue60 Wrote:Both those teams should give Pikeville trouble.

IMO they wont come near Pikeville. If its one of them it will be Paintsville cause their stepping it up this year. Ashland Blazer and Corbin are great programs. Just because Pikeville lost to them doesnt make them bad. Tell me this, when was the last time AC beat Pikeville?
If...Then Wrote:IMO they wont come near Pikeville. If its one of them it will be Paintsville cause their stepping it up this year. Ashland Blazer and Corbin are great programs. Just because Pikeville lost to them doesnt make them bad. Tell me this, when was the last time AC beat Pikeville?

Not only that, but I believe Paintsville has ONE win vs. Pikeville since 1984...:flame: