Poll: Who Wins?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County
39.22%
Breathitt County
60.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs. Breathitt County - Sept. 19
oneijoe Wrote:Feeling a little better about your team after the win over Boyd Co., I see...

Smile Wink
Nah, just liking the match-up.....Breahtitt may not be the favorite in 3A, but they are not the worst team either and should at least be competitive in the playoffs. I have realistic expectations for the team, I do not think they are the best, nor the worst team....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

estill dont impress me not last yr or this yr and they look about the same BHS 52 EHS20
Anything can happen.....Breathitt must come out and take control early because if they allow Estill Co. to hang around, there may be an upset here.

I think it's gonna be a close game. Both teams have had a good season so far. If Estill keeps up what they've been doing they have a great chance. Breathitt's been good for a long time though.. Estill's gonna want to come back after those games last year though. I'm excited to watch it though. I'm gonna take Estill on Friday night!
Breathitt 56

Estill Co. 12

Breathitt always has a good team. Even though they are down a little this year doesn't make a cakewalk for Estill. Estill has improved a lot this year on both sides of the ball. With that said, I think the matchup this year will be a good one. I will go with Estill in a close one.
Grid Iron fan Wrote:Breathitt always has a good team. Even though they are down a little this year doesn't make a cakewalk for Estill. Estill has improved a lot this year on both sides of the ball. With that said, I think the matchup this year will be a good one. I will go with Estill in a close one.
I hope you are right and this is a good game, but in the past few years the Estill team has been over-hyped and the game is out of hand by halftime.

This could be an interesting game if Estill can move the ball. They are a very strong running team that can eat alot of clock. I think they have a very strong line to push there way up and down the field if the backs hold on to the ball. I also know they have alot of senior leadership that know what there doing. BUT, I will also say that Brethitt dose do what hurts them the most by throwing the ball alot very consistantly. This game will be won on the defensive side of the ball with who ever can stop what there opponent dose best. Good luck to both teams, should be a good game.
Powell Co. put up 28 on Estill co. Breathitt Co. has just a lil bit better Offense then Powell Co. so i look for this to be a shootout.Breathitt by 7.
DaBears Wrote:Powell Co. put up 28 on Estill co. Breathitt Co. has just a lil bit better Offense then Powell Co. so i look for this to be a shootout.Breathitt by 7.

If im not mistaken or if it makes a difference Powell only got 14 on Estills D. 7 was on a kickoff return andthe other 7 was a fumble in the last 15 seconds on the JV.
This will be a good game. If Estill gets their running game going they will be hard to stop. The only way I see Estill getting beat is if they beat themselves. Should be the game of the week. Good luck to both teams.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:If im not mistaken or if it makes a difference Powell only got 14 on Estills D. 7 was on a kickoff return andthe other 7 was a fumble in the last 15 seconds on the JV.

I believe you are right.

I have also heard that Estill was playing without one of their main defensive players against Powell Co. If this is so, defense will be better this week. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Grid Iron fan Wrote:I believe you are right.

I have also heard that Estill was playing without one of their main defensive players against Powell Co. If this is so, defense will be better this week. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Yes, in the game against Powell, Estill was without defensive end Tyler Walling, who was named defensive player of the game against Pineville in the Laurel Bowl. I believe he recorded 3-4 sacks and forced 2 fumbles in that game. He would've been all over Billy Rice all night long.
ecqb8 Wrote:Yes, in the game against Powell, Estill was without defensive end Tyler Walling, who was named defensive player of the game against Pineville in the Laurel Bowl. I believe he recorded 3-4 sacks and forced 2 fumbles in that game. He would've been all over Billy Rice all night long.

I hope Tyler is back this week. I think he will make a difference.
estill fan Wrote:I hope Tyler is back this week. I think he will make a difference.

He should. He gets off the ball quick and has a knack for finding the quarterback.
Estill will win this one easily 46-6.
Leonardo Wrote:Estill will win this one easily 46-6.

Haha! Yet another bold statement. I believe Estill has a chance to upset Breathitt in this one, but i don't think there'll be anything easy about it.
I would consider it an upset if Estill is withing 2 td's...

Estill will win this game. Breathitt QB have a bad leg last week game, but they still play him. Estill hit the QB in the leg, and they will know what one by the tape he will have on.... Good luck to both teams.
cj2561 Wrote:Estill will win this game. Breathitt QB have a bad leg last week game, but they still play him. Estill hit the QB in the leg, and they will know what one by the tape he will have on.... Good luck to both teams.
Breathitt could beat Estill with a one legged, one armed QB...........lol Just kidding...
If Breathitt comes out and takes care of business, this will not be a close game.

Fugate is a full load all around athlete. I'll go with Breathitt co on this one.
cj2561 Wrote:Estill will win this game. Breathitt QB have a bad leg last week game, but they still play him. Estill hit the QB in the leg, and they will know what one by the tape he will have on.... Good luck to both teams.
if the breathitt qb had a bad leg last week i hope it doesn't get any better this weekSmile Smile Smile he is gone when he gets the outside

That's not the way you play football. Let's hope everyone stays healthy and has a good clean hard hitting game.
So far Estill's opponents have a record of 2-6, and Breahtitt's opponents have a record of 7-2. I am not saying that Estill can not beat the Bobcats, but it will be one of the bigger upsets in the state if they do,

picnic Wrote:if the breathitt qb had a bad leg last week i hope it doesn't get any better this weekSmile Smile Smile he is gone when he gets the outside
I have heard that the Breathitt QB is out for the season!!!!! Oh my.......:eek:

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I have heard that the Breathitt QB is out for the season!!!!! Oh my.......:eek:

:confused:
breathitt by 2 tds
15thfan Wrote:estill dont impress me not last yr or this yr and they look about the same BHS 52 EHS20

If Estill don't impress you this year, who does? If and I quote "IF" Estill can stop the pass they can pull the upset. Breathitt has hurt them bad the last couple of years with the pass. Estill's offense is a different animal this year. They are big, strong, and fast everywhere. The game will be decided defensively, which Estill has improved tremendously. The teams who have beat Breathitt are running teams, and Estill runs the ball as good as anyone in 3A. Good test for Estill, this game could decide the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Estill doesn't play dirty like that. I know teams that do, but not Estill.
estill fan Wrote:Estill doesn't play dirty like that. I know teams that do, but not Estill.

Well said. No good honest fan wants to see a kid hurt, neither does a good coach. As a coach you want to beat the best and do it the right way.