Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Preseason Top 10
Jackets08 Wrote:I think the Mountian Top 10 is always a joke, and always will be. I think Belfry should be #1, they went to State Championship last year and Bell Co didn't even win Region? There's alot of love at WYMT for Bell Co. Wasn't Bell Co #1 last year preseason too?

They only thing that I am guessing is they have just as much returning as Belfry and Hazard does. Schedul wise I think Belfry has a tougher schedule. Is Bell Co schedule hard?
cougarpride08 Wrote:They only thing that I am guessing is they have just as much returning as Belfry and Hazard does. Schedul wise I think Belfry has a tougher schedule. Is Bell Co schedule hard?

Bell County & Belfry only play one team each (non-district) that actually has a chance at defeating them, being Johnson Central for Belfry & Tates Creek for Bell County. The rest of their schedule's are rather easy.
Will be very interesting if Hazard or Belfry brings a title to the mountains, who will be #1 this year.
Jackets08 Wrote:I think the Mountian Top 10 is always a joke, and always will be. I think Belfry should be #1, they went to State Championship last year and Bell Co didn't even win Region? There's alot of love at WYMT for Bell Co. Wasn't Bell Co #1 last year preseason too?
Oh, yeah. Belfry dispaced Bell in the WYMY Top Ten after they went on to state and Bell had their only loss of the season. I certainly would not try to use the "didn't even win region"....to make my point. Bell was the only team in the playoffs, including highly touted Lone Oak....that even gave Lex Cath any kind of a game. The next two opponents were blowouts....with "running clock" in the Championship game. Last year's Lex Cath team would have destroyed Belfry in the playoffs.
Who the crap does Bell Co play? They might as well play Pineville every year. My point is Bell Co is never the best team in Mountains. You have Belfry, Prestonsburg, Breathitt Co, Johnson Co Central, and Hazard. All of them IMO could beat Bell Co. But Bell Co will not play teams like that in the Regular schedule? The last one being Prestonsburg in 04 when P'Burg beat Bell Co. If Dudley plays you and if you beat Dudley he will never schedule you back. He always plays teams that he knows he can beat! I would love to see Middlesboro as the best team but I know thats not true there about 10th best or maybe 9th best but thats it. I pulled for Bell Co last year against Lex Cath and pulling for Bell Co this year against Garrard Co the season opener but folks there not the best in the Mountains.
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Oh, yeah. Belfry dispaced Bell in the WYMY Top Ten after they went on to state and Bell had their only loss of the season. I certainly would not try to use the "didn't even win region"....to make my point. Bell was the only team in the playoffs, including highly touted Lone Oak....that even gave Lex Cath any kind of a game. The next two opponents were blowouts....with "running clock" in the Championship game. Last year's Lex Cath team would have destroyed Belfry in the playoffs.

Smile Surely you jest. They would have beat them, but "destroyed" they would not have.
Mountain Top 10
1.Belfry
2.Prestonsburg
3.Breathitt Co
4.Johnson Co Central
5.Bell Co
6.Hazard
7.Pulaski Co
8.Corbin
9.Middlesboro
10.Letcher Co Central
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Oh, yeah. Belfry dispaced Bell in the WYMY Top Ten after they went on to state and Bell had their only loss of the season. I certainly would not try to use the "didn't even win region"....to make my point. Bell was the only team in the playoffs, including highly touted Lone Oak....that even gave Lex Cath any kind of a game. The next two opponents were blowouts....with "running clock" in the Championship game. Last year's Lex Cath team would have destroyed Belfry in the playoffs.
Belfry had a great team last season, and I do not see anyone blowing that team out....I was surprised to see them lose.......
Twitter: @tc_analytics