3. Hazard
4. Breathitt County
5. Johnson Central
6. Pulaski County
7. Letcher County Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Corbin
10. Rockcastle County

What does everyone think of the WYMT preseason top 10?
I don't agree with Rockcastle at #10. I've heard from a few people that this is one of their worst teams in a while. They didn't look that good on film either.
Letcher Central should be higher than that.
bac2369 Wrote:1 Bell
2 Belfry
3 Hazard
4 Breathitt
5 Johnson Central
6 Pulaski County
7 Letcher Central
8 Prestonsburg
9 Corbin
10 Rockcastle

What does everyone think of the wymt preseason top 10?
Hazard is too high, they would not beat JC or Breathitt. Pulaski County is not that good either.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

No matter it will all change Friday night. WYMT always rates Hazard well and based on the fact that they are single A they merit the rating this year IMO.
By the way until someone forcibly removes Rockastle Co. I have no complaint with that spot. They've earned the hype.

**Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.**
Considering JC beat Bell Friday night, I'm not sure if that's right....but it was a scrimmage.
I think all of these rating things are a bunch a BS. Why don't you just wait until the end of the season and you'll have the rankings.

**Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.**
Definitely can say Hazard shouldn't be that high and I believe Prestonsburg should be somewhere between 4-7.
1, 2, and 3 are right. Breathitt should not be #4. They might be a 7 or 8, and take rock off of it.

IRISH4 Wrote:Considering JC beat Bell Friday night, I'm not sure if that's right....but it was a scrimmage.

Bell's players were looking at this truly as a scrimmage.....as it was at Bell last year. They found a near "game" attitude and atmosphere from players and fans. Not bad, just unexpected. With Bell only having less than thirty minutes to warmup after their arrival...they were really flat. They also were sitting out some key injured players to rest for next week. It's all about the regular season....and then the playoffs with Dudley. It was definitely only a scrimmage...and JC only "won" by a touchdown anyway.
The top five is pretty solid, I knew how that would shape out I just didn't know on Belfry and Bell. Personally I couldn't pick one or the other I would take the easy way and put them tied for the top spot.
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Bell's players were looking at this truly as a scrimmage.....as it was at Bell last year. They found a near "game" attitude and atmosphere from players and fans. Not bad, just unexpected. With Bell only having less than thirty minutes to warmup after their arrival...they were really flat. They also were sitting out some key injured players to rest for next week. It's all about the regular season....and then the playoffs with Dudley. It was definitely only a scrimmage...and JC only "won" by a touchdown anyway.

I'm not sitting there making excuses or saying why who won or who lost. I'm just saying that if anything JC should be ranked a little higher but what they proved was in a scrimmage which didn't count anyway. Besides if you want to look at it as one touchdown, Bell Co. scored twice when they really probably shouldn't have (from the big kickoff return that set up a 2yd score and then from a blown coverage that actually could've/should've been picked off) and the same can go for JC. But what you can't deny is the 394 yards JC gained from the ground in only 3 quaters. Dudley does a super job year in and year out at Bell and I really look for you all do do big things this season. Your QB is a heck of an athlete and a solid football player to add to the weapons you already have.

It was a good scrimmage and exposed weaknesses that will make these two fine programs better.
I Deff think Hazard should be top 5. Hazard will get their chance to show if they deserve to be that high this Friday against a good Green Co team and later on against JC . I would switch Johnson Central and Hazard around for right now then I think it would be an overall good ranking.
I like the rankings but I really do not think that rockcastle deserves to be # 10. I think a team such as Knox Central, Middlesboro,Sheldon Clark, Pikeville, or Clay County deserve it.
This list will be clearer after Friday Night!!!
I will not pay any attention to the rankings until the end of the season, they are mainly based on opinions anyway this early.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

BellCoBobcat Wrote:Bell's players were looking at this truly as a scrimmage.....as it was at Bell last year. They found a near "game" attitude and atmosphere from players and fans. Not bad, just unexpected. With Bell only having less than thirty minutes to warmup after their arrival...they were really flat. They also were sitting out some key injured players to rest for next week. It's all about the regular season....and then the playoffs with Dudley. It was definitely only a scrimmage...and JC only "won" by a touchdown anyway.

Smile
Knox Central should have a spot in there.
the dark wizard Wrote:Knox Central should have a spot in there.

Knox Central's schedule gives them plenty of opportunities to move up in a hurry.

Or dissappear altogether.
IRISH4 Wrote:I'm not sitting there making excuses or saying why who won or who lost. I'm just saying that if anything JC should be ranked a little higher but what they proved was in a scrimmage which didn't count anyway. Besides if you want to look at it as one touchdown, Bell Co. scored twice when they really probably shouldn't have (from the big kickoff return that set up a 2yd score and then from a blown coverage that actually could've/should've been picked off) and the same can go for JC. But what you can't deny is the 394 yards JC gained from the ground in only 3 quaters. Dudley does a super job year in and year out at Bell and I really look for you all do do big things this season. Your QB is a heck of an athlete and a solid football player to add to the weapons you already have.

It was a good scrimmage and exposed weaknesses that will make these two fine programs better.

Well said. One factor though, Matt Simpson, 4-yr. starting LB and the heart of the run-prevent defense......was one of those who had to sit out due to injury. Bobcats truly missed him. Also Dominic Carton.....outstanding sophomore running back with power and speed and quite a few varsity carries....has a cast on broken hand...and did not play. Not making excuses....just two really key players in the Bobcat arsenal not on the field.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Hazard is too high, they would not beat JC or Breathitt. Pulaski County is not that good either.
Hazard will get a shot at JC in week 8.
As for me I could care less where we rank at the beginning of the year. We have our sights on something much greater than just being best in he mountains.
It's fun to watch, but it would be after week 3 where you can really start to see who's who.
CADEREECE Wrote:Hazard will get a shot at JC in week 8.

That will be a very interesting game.
It will be an interesting year. I am sure that list will change several times before the year ends.
Pikevillle has the potential to be in the top ten.
I think Belfry should be #1 of course!
I think the Mountian Top 10 is always a joke, and always will be. I think Belfry should be #1, they went to State Championship last year and Bell Co didn't even win Region? There's alot of love at WYMT for Bell Co. Wasn't Bell Co #1 last year preseason too?
Jackets08 Wrote:I think the Mountian Top 10 is always a joke, and always will be. I think Belfry should be #1, they went to State Championship last year and Bell Co didn't even win Region? There's alot of love at WYMT for Bell Co. Wasn't Bell Co #1 last year preseason too?

It looks pretty solid. Sure there are always a few teams that could interchange with the 8,9,and 10 teams.

What would your top 10 look like?????