Poll: Should they quit making 4-wheelers?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
12.20%
No
87.80%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should 4-Wheelers be Banned?
Should make it 21 before you can ride, but that wouldnt change anything.
This is ridiculous...ban four-wheelers, ha. Why don't we ban cars also? If anything they should regulate an age limit better. Don't know how they would go about it though...
Groundhog1965 Wrote:They are banned at my house. I have two teens who saw one of my best friends nearly lose everything he owns due to a 4-wheeler accident where he became disabled and had no disability insurance. They are dangerous. My buddy wasn't drinking but lots of people ride them while drinking and that adds to the danger even more. I'm not big on outlawing things like this but I am for everyone using their own judgement. My judgement just says people in my household are better off without them. It's up to you to use your judgement.

If more people would not act like idiot on them and be responsible it would cut fatalities and severe injuries in half. BTW no disrepect to your friend at all. Accidents happen.
i agree just need to be smarter and use common sense.
I have a cousin who is critical at Cabell-Huntingon right now. He wrecked his last nite and has head trauma. He has been riding them for years but this time he wasn't wearing a helmet and now it may cost him his life. Hopefully he will be ok. Right now though no one knows.
I swear its like everytime I call back home my grandma tells me about someone in the county that died on a 4 wheeler.
I wish they were banned in Pike County. Too many deaths!! I caught my daughter on one earlier in the summer and she hasn't been able to sit down since!!
Amun-Ra Wrote:I have a cousin who is critical at Cabell-Huntingon right now. He wrecked his last nite and has head trauma. He has been riding them for years but this time he wasn't wearing a helmet and now it may cost him his life. Hopefully he will be ok. Right now though no one knows.

Man, sorry to here that. Hope he gets better! But, like Amun-Ra said his cousin wasn't wearing a helmet. So, most injuries and/or deaths are caused by people who aren't following the safety regulations.
He is doing ok now. back home recovering. Helmet would have saved him any injuries.
Banning four-wheelers is not the answer. Parents getting off their butts and making kids ride ATV's safely would be a big help.