Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Underdog Could Win The 15th Region Championship?
DJ52 Wrote:Phelps has a good team and are playing the best team ball Ive seen. So i look for them to upset a couple people.

What's sad is that Phelps is playing their best ball and they still won't come out of that side of the bracket.
I don't think an underdog will win it this year but you never know what can happen
I would say East Ridge
i would think either east ridge or allen central. i think one of those 2 teams will get to the finals , but i dont think that they will win it all .
Well it won't be AC they are goneeeeeee!!!!
lookin good for the Warriors
I don't know what you guys think, but those Belfry Pirates are looking really good. 4 players on this team have the ability to throw it down with some authority. They have a 6'8" 320 exchange student from Russia leading the way. Along with May and Farley this team will be unstoppable.
dblg11 Wrote:I don't know what you guys think, but those Belfry Pirates are looking really good. 4 players on this team have the ability to throw it down with some authority. They have a 6'8" 320 exchange student from Russia leading the way. Along with May and Farley this team will be unstoppable.
This the same kid that can throw a baseball 98 MPH?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:This the same kid that can throw a baseball 98 MPH?

yea really?
ER because they are playing great ball right now and to me are a dark horse....
Is there any underdogs left in the region to compete in the Semi- finals?
correct me if im wrong but arent they all champions of there regions?
Traintracks55 Wrote:Is there any underdogs left in the region to compete in the Semi- finals?

No that's districts, the region is what's going on now.
i knew that sorry i was in a hurry hahah..
but thanks..
i no i sounded like a Sped when i said that =]
Traintracks55 Wrote:i knew that sorry i was in a hurry hahah..
but thanks..
i no i sounded like a Sped when i said that =]

Haha it's okay it happens.
Traintracks55 Wrote:Is there any underdogs left in the region to compete in the Semi- finals?

Yea, East Ridge is the 59th Runner up and are playing the 57th Runner Up Johnson Central. Then its the 59th District Champion Shelby Valley playing the 57th Champion Paintsville. But for the question "What underdog could win the 15th Region Championship?" That answer is obvious its East Ridge. With Belfry, Phelps, Allen Central, and Prestonsburg East Ridge is the obvious choice. I say JC will hang around ER for 3 quarters in their game, but than ER will break away, putting them in the Championship Game agnist the SV/Pville game!
Well since ER knocked phelps off and JC knocked AC off...my money is on the warriors for this one
warriorpride Wrote:Yea, East Ridge is the 59th Runner up and are playing the 57th Runner Up Johnson Central. Then its the 59th District Champion Shelby Valley playing the 57th Champion Paintsville. But for the question "What underdog could win the 15th Region Championship?" That answer is obvious its East Ridge. With Belfry, Phelps, Allen Central, and Prestonsburg East Ridge is the obvious choice. I say JC will hang around ER for 3 quarters in their game, but than ER will break away, putting them in the Championship Game agnist the SV/Pville game!

They have to beat JC first and that won't happen, but either way it doesn't matter. Whomever makes it to the championship game will be lucky to be there. It just so happen that SV and Paintsville ended up on the same side, and the truth of the matter is, is that nobody in this region (this year) is even close to those two and will get blown out when they get there. That's just the reality of it.
OMG Wrote:They have to beat JC first and that won't happen, but either way it doesn't matter. Whomever makes it to the championship game will be lucky to be there. It just so happen that SV and Paintsville ended up on the same side, and the truth of the matter is, is that nobody in this region (this year) is even close to those two and will get blown out when they get there. That's just the reality of it.

I agree with you completely. The only chance for an underdog to win disappeared when Allen Central went down. Whoever wins the JC/ER game will be in big trouble come Tuesday night, no matter what team they're playing.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OMG Wrote:They have to beat JC first and that won't happen, but either way it doesn't matter. Whomever makes it to the championship game will be lucky to be there. It just so happen that SV and Paintsville ended up on the same side, and the truth of the matter is, is that nobody in this region (this year) is even close to those two and will get blown out when they get there. That's just the reality of it.

ER played Valley very close earlier in the season, losing by 13, but the game was very close until the last 30 seconds.

I think the Warriors have a better shot at the Wildcats than the Tigers. We can handle Valley when we aren't at Robinson Creek.
warriors_45 Wrote:ER played Valley very close earlier in the season, losing by 13, but the game was very close until the last 30 seconds.

I think the Warriors have a better shot at the Wildcats than the Tigers. We can handle Valley when we aren't at Robinson Creek.

Did you mean to put the Tigers, or did you actually mean to put Johnson Central? Because I hope you don't honestly think East Ridge has a better chance of beating Valley than Paintsville. :confused:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
warriors_45 Wrote:ER played Valley very close earlier in the season, losing by 13, but the game was very close until the last 30 seconds.

No offense and please don't take this personal, but East Ridge doesn not have a snow balls chance in **** at beating either one of them! Bottomline, i'm sorry, not this year...

Also, I don't mean to burst your bubble about the "13" it was actually 14 point loss early on in the season, but i'm going to anyway...Here's the real facts of the situation at hand that will prove ER has no shot what so ever.

January 8th Shelby Valley 57 East Ridge 43
February 12th Shelby Valley 65 East Ridge 44
February 28th Shelby Valley 73 East Ridge 41

So it just keeps getting worse and from what it looks like Shelby Valley will score around 81, and East Ridge will score around 42 1/2 points, haha. That's just the pattern I see. I don't understand where you can get out of these scores that East Ridge can hang with Valley, but I think you may be the only one. Also, from what I was told about 5 minutes ago, someone pmed me and said that Valley was up more in the first game but let down at the end.

No offense and please don't take this personal, but East Ridge doesn not have a snow balls chance in **** at beating either one of them! Bottomline, i'm sorry, not this year...

Also, I don't mean to burst your bubble about the "13" it was actually 14 point loss early on in the season, but i'm going to anyway...Here's the real facts of the situation at hand that will prove ER has no shot what so ever.

January 8th Shelby Valley 57 East Ridge 43
February 12th Shelby Valley 65 East Ridge 44
February 28th Shelby Valley 73 East Ridge 41

So it just keeps getting worse and from what it looks like Shelby Valley will score around 81, and East Ridge will score around 42 1/2 points, haha. That's just the pattern I see. I don't understand where you can get out of these scores that East Ridge can hang with Valley, but I think you may be the only one. Also, from what I was told about 5 minutes ago, someone pmed me and said that Valley was up more in the first game but let down at the end.