Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Underdog Could Win The 15th Region Championship?
I think Allen Central could surprise everyone. Maybe even winning this thing.

*Edited for spelling/grammar
Yea I believe Allen Central has a major chance of winning this one. That is, if they can get past Paintsville in the finals.
I believe Allen Central has the best chance of the underdogs.
I love to see underdogs win in big games but I do not see that happening at all in the 15th this year....Good luck though...
None of em, not this year or next year.
I can see an underdog like AC getting to the finals, but i dont see them winning it all.
Whoever plays Valley/Paintsville in the championship has a very good chance because the champ. is Tuesday and them two will leave it all on the floor Monday night.
AC
I don't think it is possible for an underdog to knock off SV or Paintsville. But if anyone could do it, the most opportune time would be right after the SV/Paintsville game! Whoever wins that one will be a little spent. I personally don't think enough for an upset, but that would be the only opportunity IMO.
Five Slamma Jamma Wrote:I can see an underdog like AC getting to the finals, but i dont see them winning it all.

It is guaranteed that an underdog will make it to the finals because the favorites are on the same side, but it really doesn't matter. This tournament is Valley and P-ville's to loose.
I agree 100% that this tournament is Shelby Valley's and Paintsville's to loose. Because they both are playing at a totally different level than everyone else. But if SV couldn't win I would love to see East Ridge win, to represent the 59th district.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Whoever plays Valley/Paintsville in the championship has a very good chance because the champ. is Tuesday and them two will leave it all on the floor Monday night.

????
Redneck Wrote:????

they were stating that Monday night is the semis which will be between Valley and Paintsville so they will leave it all out there and be tired for the finals on tuesday. Meaning the bottom bracket has a legit shot at winning it.:Thumbs:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:they were stating that Monday night is the semis which will be between Valley and Paintsville so they will leave it all out there and be tired for the finals on tuesday. Meaning the bottom bracket has a legit shot at winning it.:Thumbs:

I know what he was sayin, I'm just lost on why the semi's are monday and the champ. tuesday. Why is not friday and saturday.
Redneck Wrote:I know what he was sayin, I'm just lost on why the semi's are monday and the champ. tuesday. Why is not friday and saturday.

Yea it's weird. I Heard JC last year tried to do something like that with baseball, but the rest of the teams made them change it. They wanted M,W,F and everybody voted against it. I wonder if the teams voted on this schedule?
Yeah I have to agree with Redneck..I got Paintsville winning it, but theyll have to beat Valley..as does everybody with a 15th region bracket has, lol..
OMG Wrote:Yea it's weird. I Heard JC last year tried to do something like that with baseball, but the rest of the teams made them change it. They wanted M,W,F and everybody voted against it. I wonder if the teams voted on this schedule?
Yeah and this REALLY sucks and it ****ES me off all to ****. I ain't gonna get to watch the semi's or the finals :Angry07:
Wait a minute here, don't the Sweet Sixteen start on Weds of next week?
Jus the Girls start next week. Boys is the following week, the 19th. Thats why they are getting the girls finished up on Fri-Sat, and carrying the boys over to Mon-Tues, so the girls winner will have some time off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Jus the Girls start next week. Boys is the following week, the 19th. Thats why they are getting the girls finished up on Fri-Sat, and carrying the boys over to Mon-Tues, so the girls winner will have some time off.

Ain't that how they did it last year but the opposite.
Redneck Wrote:Ain't that how they did it last year but the opposite.
I believe so, and I was jus looking at KHSAA, and they got the girl's going first again next year. I thought it was alternating each year...boys first, then girls, then boys, then girls. :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MOOT point, winner of Paintsville vs Shelby Valley will win the 15th.
Redneck Wrote:Yeah and this REALLY sucks and it ****ES me off all to ****. I ain't gonna get to watch the semi's or the finals :Angry07:
They lost a lot of money with this schedule. A lot of working people won't show up for Monday and Tuesday. Whoever set it up this way cost somebody tons of money.
Phelps
The reality of the brackets is that whoever wins that top bracket could meet up with a team (Paintsville or Shelby Valley) that is physically and emotionally exhausted. To match these two teams up based their numbers will be one reason for a record crowd. The other hype will be from all the lovely posts for both teams throughout the year on bluegrassrivals.com.
Allen Central definitely has the best chance of anyone in the tournament to beat Valley or Paintsville. Im not sayin it will happen but there is definitely a chance!
Sorry, Paintsville or SV will come out of this region.
I believe Phelps will be the underdog to do well if they play at the top of their game.
Phelps has a good team and are playing the best team ball Ive seen. So i look for them to upset a couple people.
Allen Central is really the only logical choice for me.