Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Coach and Player of the Year?
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Voted on by the 14th region coaches association.

The CO-COACHES OF THE YEAR ARE: Because of a tie, Coach Al Holland (Hazard) and Coach Allan Hatcher (Perry Central). That is funny stuff!

CONGRATS BIG AL!!!
GOOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!
My vote is for Big Alvin the head Bulldog from Hazard if he wins the region it will put him at 30 wins for the season. That would be awesome.
Lively of Powell Co.....lol....just biased a bit...he has done a great job with PC losing something like 55 SR's from last years team....lol
blitz43 Wrote:Lively of Powell Co.....lol....just biased a bit...he has done a great job with PC losing something like 55 SR's from last years team....lol
I did not watch Powell play this year but I also think that Lively is a very good coach and I also think Noble from Buckhorn is a very good coach. I like to see coaches that get the most out of their talent and both of these guys do that. Sometimes coaches and individuals get awards by how many games they win or how many points they score when sometimes maybe we should look at how coaches did with the talent they had...
uk96 Wrote:I did not watch Powell play this year but I also think that Lively is a very good coach and I also think Noble from Buckhorn is a very good coach. I like to see coaches that get the most out of their talent and both of these guys do that. Sometimes coaches and individuals get awards by how many games they win or how many points they score when sometimes maybe we should look at how coaches did with the talent they had...

What are you doing back on her posting anyways? You obviously are not a man of your word. You promised to never post on here again, remember? You must be a Stepp!
GR81 check your PM. Im hiding behind my computer right now.
warmachine Wrote:GR81 check your PM. Im hiding behind my computer right now.

Good, Coach of the year should go to a coach that has a successful season and wins more than 12 games. If 12 games is all it takes to qualify then there are 13 co-coaches of the year in our region,politics are the only reason he is even on there. Coach Hatcher has to be a good coach (# of carrear wins)but this is not one of his best coaching jobs, who have they beat????? I will answer that no one. And people can say what they want, PCC is just as talented as any team in the region.
Well I have to agree with you on what you just said. Hatcher probably doesnt deserve Coach of the Year. If anyone does, its Big Al or the coach at Cordia. Al is a new at Hazard and has won 24 games. I dont care how much talent he inherited, you still have to coach them and make them do what they are told. A 13 win season is nothing to brag about.
Big Alvin and Josh Whitaker
warmachine Wrote:Well I have to agree with you on what you just said. Hatcher probably doesnt deserve Coach of the Year. If anyone does, its Big Al or the coach at Cordia. Al is a new at Hazard and has won 24 games. I dont care how much talent he inherited, you still have to coach them and make them do what they are told. A 13 win season is nothing to brag about.

Since you are agreeing with me I will agree with u. a 13 win season is nothing to brag about. jk, i enjoy your posts and iys good to have a few disagreements on here, keep up the good work!
If Zach Hurt got player of the year in the 14th there was some money or something being dished out from lotts creek lol He isnt even the best player on his team..I could name off a whole list of players who are better than him in this region.
MVP2 Wrote:Coach of the Year- Justice or Honeycutt

Player of the Year- Whitaker, Banks, Hurt, Stepp, or Taylor.

Stepp??? Are you kidding me? His team lost in the secound round in the district and you want you want him to be player of the year please. Stepp himself said last year that if they didn't WIN a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP then the season would be a complete failure. Well, I guess losing in the secound round of the dist. tourney isn't really what he wanted. Player of the year? Please! Rolleyes
IMO Coach Honeycutt of the Cordia Lions / Coach of the Year in the 14th Region. The difference in the above mentioned coaches is that Coach Holland , Coach Justice and Coach Hatcher all had a lot of talent and athletes on their bench to work with all season and develope. Coach H.Cutt and the Cordia Lions has had to play with basically six players and won 20 games and has been the most consistent team in the 14th Region this year from the beginning to the end . Coach H.Cutt has played his players in situations throughout the season that have gave the Lions chances to win a lot of games. Most consistent senior and player of the year would be Zach Hurt of the Cordia Lions.
#1ukfan Wrote:Stepp??? Are you kidding me? His team lost in the secound round in the district and you want you want him to be player of the year please. Stepp himself said last year that if they didn't WIN a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP then the season would be a complete failure. Well, I guess losing in the secound round of the dist. tourney isn't really what he wanted. Player of the year? Please! Rolleyes

Its Called player of the year, not team of the year. Like him or dislike him, hes a good player and I think he should be mentioned for player of the year in the 14th. He did something this year that no one in the state has ever done and that is score 3,000pts and 1000 asts. Also Clark led the 14th region in scoring with 25 ppg so with that being said how could he not be mentioned?...So If North Carolina gets upseted in the 1st round of NCAA tournament, Hansbrough automaticly falls out of POY??
Coach of the Year has to be Honeycutt. Last year THE LIONS had a record of
7-20. This year they had a record of 20-10, that was the third or fourth cordia team ever to have 20 wins. Also Zack Hurt defiently deserves MVP, defiently one of the best players ever to wear a cordia uniform.
i heard tonight at the regional tourney that it has been made official
COY-Al Holland (Hazard)& Allan Hatcher (Perry Central) tie
POY- Zach Hurt (Cordia)
Congrats Zach Hurt on POY!!!