Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Coach and Player of the Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone heard who it was for these yet? Someone said it was Coach Hatcher from Perry Central and Zach Hurt for Cordia, anyone know for sure?
Certainly two great candidates!!!!!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Anyone heard who it was for these yet? Someone said it was Coach Hatcher from Perry Central and Zach Hurt for Cordia, anyone know for sure?

I doubt it. If Raymond Justice doesn't get it this year, than something is wrong. Hatcher is a good coach, but if you ask me they have taken a step backwards this year as a team.
I understand what you are saying about Justice. they had a shaky start and lost a lot of close games, but winning the last 10 of 11 or so should get him right to the top, don't know when they voted for this, maybe before they beat Jbs, don't really know!
Justice
Holland
Hatcher
Honeycutt

Any of these would be a great pick!!!!

Whitaker
Banks
Hurt

Those are the 3 players that should be considered.
Hazbeen,
Hatcher has took pretty much nothing and built something out of it. Even the great Big Al wouldnt of won at PCC this year. Hopefully Hatcher will stick around and turn this back into a great program. Al knew the Dynasty was ending, thats another reason why he left. Not just people at the board.
I think Larry Tiller has done a great job at Estill co alot of teams in the 14th really dont get to see Estill Co play that much but he is a great young coach.
warmachine Wrote:Hazbeen,
Hatcher has took pretty much nothing and built something out of it. Even the great Big Al wouldnt of won at PCC this year. Hopefully Hatcher will stick around and turn this back into a great program. Al knew the Dynasty was ending, thats another reason why he left. Not just people at the board.

NOTHING???????
This team has tons of talent!! Chris Noble is as good as anyone in this region!Amis(s), Maggard are all solid players, and Kelly is a top 10 player.
The reeason he left was not his fault, if the all mighty crooks that run Perry County had left him alone he would still be there. and would have won more than 13 or 14 games like Hatcher did.
And as for your comment, turn this back into a program, it was the best program in the 14th and one of the top in the region until they ran Al off, so their downfall would be their new coach.
I hope that Blake Christopher and Tristan Cackling dont get overlooked there great players and great kids. Go Estill Co show what your made of.
No the program hasnt been as competitive as it once was. Its went downhill a little since Daniel Combs gradutated. They lost to Buckhorn by 30 in the district tournament last season. Did anyone even know who Chris Noble was this time last year? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hatcher turned this kid into a player. I dont even remember Chris shooting outside of 10 feet when he played for Al. Al is a great coach though I'll give him his props. Kelly came into this season at 275 and Maggard was going to go to Buckhorn if Holland stayed here. Now go figure. Hatcher has made all 3 boys better. He is the hardest working coach I have ever saw.
warmachine Wrote:No the program hasnt been as competitive as it once was. Its went downhill a little since Daniel Combs gradutated. They lost to Buckhorn by 30 in the district tournament last season. Did anyone even know who Chris Noble was this time last year? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hatcher turned this kid into a player. I dont even remember Chris shooting outside of 10 feet when he played for Al. Al is a great coach though I'll give him his props. Kelly came into this season at 275 and Maggard was going to go to Buckhorn if Holland stayed here. Now go figure. Hatcher has made all 3 boys better. He is the hardest working coach I have ever saw.

Chris could shoot the ball from outside all along. As for no one knowing him he was hurt last year.You don't get out much do you???
Noble didnt even have a decent jumper until this season genius. He wasnt hurt last year. I have watched him play all through grade school until now. When at AB Combs, he was a POST player. You dont get out much do you?
Id say it would be the PG from Hazard.
Coach of the Year- Justice or Honeycutt

Player of the Year- Whitaker, Banks, Hurt, Stepp, or Taylor.
warmachine Wrote:Noble didnt even have a decent jumper until this season genius. He wasnt hurt last year. I have watched him play all through grade school until now. When at AB Combs, he was a POST player. You dont get out much do you?

LOL, Chris Noble went to Chavies not AB Combs.
basketballwizz Wrote:I think Larry Tiller has done a great job at Estill co alot of teams in the 14th really dont get to see Estill Co play that much but he is a great young coach.

This is true. I really hate to admit it, but your right. The Estill coach is a good coach and knows what he is doing. And Cackling should be in the running for player of the year. He is a pure shooter and a good player.
COY Justice LCC
2nd Honeycutt Cordia

POY Whitaker Hazard
2nd Banks LCC
thegr81 Wrote:NOTHING???????
This team has tons of talent!! Chris Noble is as good as anyone in this region!Amis(s), Maggard are all solid players, and Kelly is a top 10 player.
The reeason he left was not his fault, if the all mighty crooks that run Perry County had left him alone he would still be there. and would have won more than 13 or 14 games like Hatcher did.
And as for your comment, turn this back into a program, it was the best program in the 14th and one of the top in the region until they ran Al off, so their downfall would be their new coach.

PCC is not as talented as they have been in the past. Hatcher has done an outstanding job and is one of the top coaches in the state.

After saying that though, Raymond Justice Jr. should be 14th region coach of the year.

He is also one of the better coaches in the state.
When do they annouce this?
Coach Hatcher from Perry Central or Justice from LCC.

Banks LCC or Josh Taylor.

uk96

Coach of the year...Justice or Honeycutt
Coach of The Year: Justice from LCC would get my vote. He has done a great job with that team in the few years they have been around. I would then think that Coach Holland/ Whitaker of Hazard would be next, lol.

Player of The Year: If we are talking about the KHSAA Region Player of the year that gets an award at the state tournament, then it has to be a senior and ill say Clark Stepp, but if we aren't im going with Josh Whitaker of Hazard.

uk96

I bet I know who wont get the coach of the year and they reside in Pippa....

uk96

BulldogPride31 Wrote:Coach of The Year: Justice from LCC would get my vote. He has done a great job with that team in the few years they have been around. I would then think that Coach Holland/ Whitaker of Hazard would be next, lol.

Player of The Year: If we are talking about the KHSAA Region Player of the year that gets an award at the state tournament, then it has to be a senior and ill say Clark Stepp, but if we aren't im going with Josh Whitaker of Hazard.

I am sure that Stepp will probably win if it is given to a senior and based on points then he will win. If it is based on making your team better then it would be some other senior.
Honeycutt
Taylor
I hope so
warmachine Wrote:Noble didnt even have a decent jumper until this season genius. He wasnt hurt last year. I have watched him play all through grade school until now. When at AB Combs, he was a POST player. You dont get out much do you?

You need to check your facts? He did play last year but was hurt! He played both in the post and out on the floor while in grade school. Chris is and always has been a tremendous player. Lets just stop the arguing. I am sure you are either a PCC parent of a player or coach or a grade school coach who never made it and just hide behind your computer, either way this conversation is over. PM me if tyou have any more comments.
Voted on by the 14th region coaches association.

The CO-COACHES OF THE YEAR ARE: Because of a tie, Coach Al Holland (Hazard) and Coach Allan Hatcher (Perry Central). That is funny stuff!
Popularity deal---plain and simple on Coach of the year. Justice and Honeycutt hands down did the best job with the teams they STARTED with. They took home-grown boys and molded them into contenders. Hollan and Hatcher are great coaches but they both have tradition at their respective schools. LCC and Cordia have gotten better all year. Everybody thinks Justice(LCC) walked into a great situation when W-Burg, Neon, and Letcher consolidated. Truth is ---only Letcher had a winning season the year before, Neon won one game in the two previous years combined , and the W-Burg team had slipped some from 2001 when they were a powerhouse. Still---congratulations to Hatcher and good luck to all teams in the 14th region tournament.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Voted on by the 14th region coaches association.

The CO-COACHES OF THE YEAR ARE: Because of a tie, Coach Al Holland (Hazard) and Coach Allan Hatcher (Perry Central). That is funny stuff!

Who got POY?
Gary Stepp. For having the best team in the Region and losing in District.
Pages: 1 2