Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 75 Pikeville 55
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:I think it is so funny how you can take a thread that has nothing to do with SV and bring them in it. Is it because Shelby Valley is a threat to Painstville's run to rupp???

no it has nothing to do with that...we were talking about frontrunners and they only other team mentioned as a frontrunner was sv, thats why i brought them up....but thanks for you input, just like always its well appreciated...
If Paintsville and Shelby Valley played 10 games, both teams would probably win 5. BUT, with Paintsville's patented choking in the regional tournment the last several years and Shelby Valley stepping it up at tourney time, SV has to be the favorite to make it back to Rupp at this point.
I think your the one who brought Shelby Valley's name into the conversation, like i said before this thread had nothing to do about SV.

By the way, Congratz Paintsville.
Congrats Tigers!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fairplayer Wrote:I doubt very seriously that happened. If it did I wouldn't say much to his dad anyway, he is just as big as Devon and parents are protective of their kids. Now if there was any yelling going on it was at a certain referee that needs to find a different job. I don't know how he keeps ending up at all of the Pikeville games that I have been to on that end of the spectrum, but he is not a very qualified person.

No, it happened. It wasnt me, it was his mom. She heard what a adult that appeared to be in his mid to upper 40's was saying to a 17 year old. I personally dont think the names that he was yelling out should have been said in mixed company not to mention children at the game also. My wife was sitting 5 or 6 rows down, maybe 25 to 30 feet away and she heard it over everyone else. If it is any consolation, the man apologized to her for the slur. Fans saying things to get under players skin is one thing, cussing at teenagers and calling them names I bet he wouldnt say in front of his mother is another thing.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:No, it happened. It wasnt me, it was his mom. She heard what a adult that appeared to be in his mid to upper 40's was saying to a 17 year old. I personally dont think the names that he was yelling out should have been said in mixed company not to mention children at the game also. My wife was sitting 5 or 6 rows down, maybe 25 to 30 feet away and she heard it over everyone else. If it is any consolation, the man apologized to her for the slur. Fans saying things to get under players skin is one thing, cussing at teenagers and calling them names I bet he wouldnt say in front of his mother is another thing.

Couldnt Agree more...
OMG Wrote:well the difference is sv has an "off-night" and they lose to pikeville....paintsville has an "off-night and they still win by 10 or so...thats the difference in my eyes, they can still find a way to win, and thats all its about...finding a way to win

You've confused me. When was Paintsville's off night that they beat Pikeville by 10 or so?:confused:
1977 Wrote:You've confused me. When was Paintsville's off night that they beat Pikeville by 10 or so?:confused:
I think he is referring to the off night the Tigers had against Pikeville in the All A but still pulled out the W. But they didn't win by 10.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I think he is referring to the off night the Tigers had against Pikeville in the All A but still pulled out the W. But they didn't win by 10.

i was actually talking about a couple of weeks ago when they played lawrence county and a few posters said paintsville had an off night and they beat them by 10, thats what i was refferring too..
If you want to bring SV in the picture, SV beat Lawrence by 25, and Painstville only beat them by 10. And SV could have won by more.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:If you want to bring SV in the picture, SV beat Lawrence by 25, and Painstville only beat them by 10. And SV could have won by more.

So what, Paintsville blew them out earlier in the year on their home court. SV lost to Pikeville. You can't start comparing games because teams don't always play the same each time they play.
Anyone have any stats from this game??
My point exactly, teams have off games, as long as they dont have them in the tournament it doesnt matter. People started bringing up SV's loss to pikeville in the All A again, but then they beat them by 25 on their home court.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:If you want to bring SV in the picture, SV beat Lawrence by 25, and Painstville only beat them by 10. And SV could have won by more.
Come on, you know you can't compare scores to decide anything.

Here is an example:
June Buchanan beat Pikeville by 46
Perry Central beat june Buchanan by 14
Pikeville beat Perry Central by 11
Now, figure that one out!!

Like it or not Valley fans, Paintsville is 10 points better right now. However, that doesn't mean anything at tourney time and that's the great thing about KY High School Basketball in March!!
bball fan Wrote:Come on, you know you can't compare scores to decide anything.

Here is an example:
June Buchanan beat Pikeville by 46
Perry Central beat june Buchanan by 14
Pikeville beat Perry Central by 11
Now, figure that one out!!

Like it or not Valley fans, Paintsville is 10 points better right now. However, that doesn't mean anything at tourney time and that's the great thing about KY High School Basketball in March!!
:thumpsup: Nice point!

thats my point that was their off night and then still managed to win by 10 and was actually up close to 20 that whole game
This thread is supposed to be about the Pikeville/Paintsville game, not who is better between Shelby Valley and Paintsville. In this game, Pikeville came out a little cold, but played good. At the half, Paintsville had a 5 point lead. The Tigers came out on fire in the 3rd and opened up a big lead which stayed about the same in the 4th. Both teams played hard. It was a pretty physical matchup both under the goal and out on the floor.

NOTE: Actually Paintsville led 37-24 at the half...That's a 13pt lead, not 5.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:My point exactly, teams have off games, as long as they dont have them in the tournament it doesnt matter. People started bringing up SV's loss to pikeville in the All A again, but then they beat them by 25 on their home court.

but sv did already have an off night in a tournament, that was the all "a", so really their not doing so good in tournaments right no i guess right?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:No, it happened. It wasnt me, it was his mom. She heard what a adult that appeared to be in his mid to upper 40's was saying to a 17 year old. I personally dont think the names that he was yelling out should have been said in mixed company not to mention children at the game also. My wife was sitting 5 or 6 rows down, maybe 25 to 30 feet away and she heard it over everyone else. If it is any consolation, the man apologized to her for the slur. Fans saying things to get under players skin is one thing, cussing at teenagers and calling them names I bet he wouldnt say in front of his mother is another thing.

I think I saw him sitting on the front row in Pikeville's section. I heard some other people talking about what he was yelling. I didn't hear him but I wondered why he wanted to sit on the front row in the middle of Pikeville fans. There were plenty of seats in Paintsville's section but I guess he can sit anywhere he wants. Not a very classy move on his part to begin with and Mom's don't take kindly to someone saying things to/about their children. :redboxer: I'm sure he got what he deserved especially if he apoligized. Devin has a VERY NICE Mom!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:At the half, Paintsville had a 5 point lead.

Actually it was 37-24 making it a 13 point spread.
Do you think Gatlin's absence had a big impact on the game...i know the first game he held Landon to 29
[quote=EKY Sportster]I think he is referring to the off night the Tigers had against Pikeville in the All A but still pulled out the W. But they didn't win by 10.[/QUOT
No, Paintsville won by 3 in a double overtime as I remember.
OMG Wrote:well the difference is sv has an "off-night" and they lose to pikeville....paintsville has an "off-night and they still win by 10 or so...thats the difference in my eyes, they can still find a way to win, and thats all its about...finding a way to win

I think you are trying to talk Paintsville to Rupp... The real difference is Valley has proved what they can do in the regional tournament and these Paintsville seniors have yet to see Rupp arena from floor level. On an off night pretty sure that Paintsville and Pikeville were tied at the end of regulation. Wink
I am glad you have confidence in your team, but remember SV beat Pikeville 24 at Pikeville when they still had Gatlin.
Well guys, start a Paintsville/SV thread if you want to continue the debate! They both have to win their districts and meet in the regional before it matters anyway. Didn't happen in the All A and it might not happen in the regional either.

So does anyone have any stats on the game tonight??
OMG Wrote:i was actually talking about a couple of weeks ago when they played lawrence county and a few posters said paintsville had an off night and they beat them by 10, thats what i was refferring too..

Sorry! I didn't know Lawrence County had been brought into this thread, my bad.
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:Do you think Gatlin's absence had a big impact on the game...i know the first game he held Landon to 29
Held? lol
DALE Wrote:Actually it was 37-24 making it a 13 point spread.
Yep, you are right, I think it was a 5 point lead for Paintsville at the end of the 1st.
bball fan Wrote:Like it or not Valley fans, Paintsville is 10 points better right now.
Like it or not that is only your opinion, I happen to think SV is better. Either way we will just have to wait and see.
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:Do you think Gatlin's absence had a big impact on the game...i know the first game he held Landon to 29

Doesn't appear so as Landon had 21 or22 tonight.
As far as this game goes, I think Pikeville is slowly falling out of regional title contention...