Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick your Top 5 Teams for next season in the 15th.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:
"thetribe" Wrote:will the Honaker twins by stepping up and bringing some A game to shock everyone NoWeakness?

The Honakers and Bartley will be the key to stepping up.

Bartley Bartley Bartley..Can you go one post without mentioning Mikie Bartley?
bartley is horrible
Ya Vega P'burg did loose 3 starters, but they had guys on the bench this past season that will fill the missing shoes for next season. Sean Leslie is back and still growing, point guard Michael Stephens is also back. Both of these guys started Lewis Barnett is an inside force Brooks Herrick the "3"
man, along with others from a JV team that several would have been Varsity had there not been so many SRs & JRs this past season. P'burg will be just fine.
i dont remember watching bartley but honaker was a good player for his age.
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:pikeville numero uno

I don't know that I would have us number one preseason, but I think with what we are returning and the addition of Mike Bartley and some other transfers that I am hearing are on their way, people better not overlook the Panthers. If Keno can find that right coach for these boys, they will definitely make some NOISE in the post-season! 8)
"x-factor" Wrote:bartley is horrible

Do you even KNOW Bartley? Have you ever seen him play? Who are you to make a statement like that? I can't wait till b-ball season when you have to eat those words.
Guys, lets calm down. Some of you obviously know Bartley and feel strongly about him, but the majority of people on here have never heard of the kid or haven't seen him prove anything yet. Stop basing his skills on what he can do in the drive way at his house. These threads are very close to being shut down because you all cannot control your tempers. I say either drop the Bartley bashing and worshipping or every thread I see with the name Bartley in it will be closed.
"alfus21" Wrote:
"thetribe" Wrote:Shelby Valley will not have their starters returning.
East Ridge will lose their Fab 5.

I think that the first listed teams will be big because of not loosing alot of their strength whereas Valley and East Ridge almost have to start from scratch.

Shelby Valley loses 3 starters which were all great, but the talent pool there is so deep that they should always be a top 5 team...

That's funny..I didn't know East Ridge had a fab 5? Smile

that's funny i didnt know that i wasnt allowed to have an opinion, i liked those boys on and off the court. they played with heart and they had a pretty good season considering that every year east ridge has to start all over with a new starting 5. just because you and every one else from shelby valley doesnt like anyone from east ridge doesnt mean that i cant support my friends.
Yea i was wanderin about them.. i htought they had more starters that were seniors. ( P BURG)

i dunno about the rest of the region but in the 58th i still say it is SF and PbUrg's
Well put GF...Guys need to calm down about Bartley until he proves or doesn't prove something. He had to sit out a year due to transfering so we don't know how much that helped/hurt his skills. Sounds like he has something to prove at Pikeville when the season starts...hopefully he can help the Panthers 8)
"thetribe" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:
"thetribe" Wrote:Shelby Valley will not have their starters returning.
East Ridge will lose their Fab 5.

I think that the first listed teams will be big because of not loosing alot of their strength whereas Valley and East Ridge almost have to start from scratch.

Shelby Valley loses 3 starters which were all great, but the talent pool there is so deep that they should always be a top 5 team...

That's funny..I didn't know East Ridge had a fab 5? Smile

that's funny i didnt know that i wasnt allowed to have an opinion, i liked those boys on and off the court. they played with heart and they had a pretty good season considering that every year east ridge has to start all over with a new starting 5. just because you and every one else from shelby valley doesnt like anyone from east ridge doesnt mean that i cant support my friends.

It's not that I don't like East Ridge, they just weren't that great to be called the fab 5....They didn't start over with a new starting 5....They returned Aaron Branham and Paul Deese that I know of....Why does East Ridge have to start over every year with an all new starting 5? Enlighten me..please..
Paul Deese didn't return this year, he moved out of state, to Georgia I think.
Aaron Branham was the only starting five player that returned to start this year, the rest of them graduated. They have to start all over each year with a new starting five because the starting five every year is mostly seniors. Therefore, when those seniors graduate, another set of five step up as seniors and so on. Therefore, they have at least 3 or 4 guys that graduate from the previous starting five....
"thetribe" Wrote:Paul Deese didn't return this year, he moved out of state, to Georgia I think.
Aaron Branham was the only starting five player that returned to start this year, the rest of them graduated. They have to start all over each year with a new starting five because the starting five every year is mostly seniors. Therefore, when those seniors graduate, another set of five step up as seniors and so on. Therefore, they have at least 3 or 4 guys that graduate from the previous starting five....

If AB was the only returning starter then how were they a "fab 5"

Your theory on graduating seniors applies to all schools in the state by the way...
i dont know why i said fab 5, it just sounded alright, i didnt really mean that east ridge's starting five was absolutely fantastic.

AB was the only returning starter,

jordan coleman stepped in for robbie spears at center
derek sesco came in as a forward
AB was a guard
eric slone was a guard
and the other forward varied sometimes

some other schools though dont always rely on their seniors to start every year. east ridge did have some good junior players and stuff that helped out some but mostly every year the seniors played almost the whole game.

im not here to fight with you or anything, just wanted to clear up why i said what i did. im not looking for east ridge to have a very good team next season, kyle fletcher will be their center, curtis williams, tyler mccoy, and some others will have to carry the team and well they dont have the size and quite possibly the shooting ability that it would take to have a good team.
"thetribe" Wrote:i dont know why i said fab 5, it just sounded alright, i didnt really mean that east ridge's starting five was absolutely fantastic.

AB was the only returning starter,

jordan coleman stepped in for robbie spears at center
derek sesco came in as a forward
AB was a guard
eric slone was a guard
and the other forward varied sometimes

some other schools though dont always rely on their seniors to start every year. east ridge did have some good junior players and stuff that helped out some but mostly every year the seniors played almost the whole game.

im not here to fight with you or anything, just wanted to clear up why i said what i did. im not looking for east ridge to have a very good team next season, kyle fletcher will be their center, curtis williams, tyler mccoy, and some others will have to carry the team and well they dont have the size and quite possibly the shooting ability that it would take to have a good team.

Actually they returned 2 starters this year, because I know Sesco or Slone started in 2004....They only had 3 seniors on the 2004 team and only two were contributors...Then Deese left, so that means that returned two starters and the 6th man...Heres the roster from 2004...So they only relied on two seniors..Not mostly seniors...

Region 15
East Ridge Warriors (24-7)

No. Name Ht. Wt. Pos. Yr.

3 Brandon Ratliff 5-9 165 G Sr.
4 Brody Justice 5-8 150 G Sr.
11 Curtis Williams 5-8 160 G So.
12 Aaron Branham 5-10 170 G Jr.
14 Shawn Ward 5-9 160 G Sr.
15 Brandon Vanover 5-8 165 G So.
21 Paul Deese 6-0 180 G Jr.
22 Eric Slone 5-11 170 G Jr.
24 Clinton Ratliff 5-10 170 G Jr.
25 Nathan Thacker 5-10 175 G So.
31 Tyler McCoy 5-11 165 G So.
34 Michael Bennett 6-0 190 F Jr.
40 Kyle Fletcher 6-3 180 F So.
44 Derek Sesco 5-11 190 F Jr.
52 Jordan Coleman 6-2 220 C Jr.
55 Robbie Spears 6-2 215 C Sr.

Head Coach: James Hurley
Assistant Coaches: Matt Mercer, Denny May, Matt Day, Dave Conley
Key Players
1.) Johnson Central (Jamie McCarty)
2.) Paintsville (Landon Slone)
3.) Shelby Valley (Mitchell Riddle)
4.) South Floyd (Ethan Johnson)
5.) Sheldon Clark (Brandon May)
Prestonsburg will be just fine next year, and the 58th may end up having 3 of the top 5 teams... P'burg did lose some seniors this year (JM Stephens, Compton, Chaffin, Blackburn, Ousley, and Morrison) but Lewis Barnette, Nick McGuire, and Brooks Herrick will step in to fill in the rest of the starting five along with Sean Leslie and Michael Stephens... they will indeed be contenders if they can get role play from the bench.
Eric Slone probably started that year then, sorry I cannot really remember back too far. But you understand what I am saying though right? I didn't mean to get into a fight or anything, I am just saying that I don't think that my school will be any good this coming season due to many factors. Are we cool alfus?
"x-factor" Wrote:1.SF
2.Paintsville
3.JC
4.SC
5.P-Burg

What makes you think SF in better than Paintsville?
1.Paintsville
2.JC
3.SV
4.P-Burg
5.ER

or ( #5.SC....#5.Pikeville....#5.SF)
Depends on how all these teams play
I'm not so sure I'd throw in East Ridge in the top 5. Hurley just resigned, they lose Branham which was their team basically. I'd throw them down around the 8-10 spot in the region.
East Ridge took a HARD hit losing this years starters and one of the best coaches in the region. Hurley did ALOT with our program so its going to be hard to fill his shoes. I just hope that alot of boys dont quick the team because of the new coach...
1. Paintsville
2. Johnson Central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Pike Central
5. East Ridge Arrow
1.) Johnson Central
2.) South Floyd
3.) Paintsville
4.) Shelby Valley
5.) Belfry
There is no need for anyone to write anything on this post because..............We all know that paintsville is going to win the STATE tournament. For the next 3years since they have the legendary Landon Slone and the tripletts J.D. Vanhoose,Blake Bundy, and Shane Grimm.......Not to mention the dictator himself BMR.

-23-Jesse Meek
1.pike central
2.south floyd
3.shelby valley
4.east ridge
5.paintsville

pike central all the way
:lol:
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote::lol:

Oh yeah. Prestonsburg will definately win region. :roll:
Did I say that? :roll:
No, but you thought it was pretty funny when someone thought Pike Central might do well.