Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne Bobcats '08
Who do you all think BL can beat?
launchpad4 Wrote:Who do you all think BL can beat?
Burch
Jackson
Jenkins
Beth Haven
Phelps

Maybe Allen Central.....?
The bobcats are looking real good.
I hope they do well.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:The bobcats are looking real good.

What makes you say that? And I don't mean that in a sarcastic smarta** way! I mean just what it says? I like hearing good news about the bobcats!!!
blackcat_student Wrote:No offense to you but I don't believe that one bit. Thats a very hard time to run, Prestonsburg's Allen Craynon is one of the better runners in the state in track and he only runs a 4.6 40 laser. So I seriously doubt that this kid runs a 4.5, if he does then alot of people would know about it.

if im not mistaken Kyle Howell from SF also ran a 4.5 40 his sophmore year
JackFrost Wrote:if im not mistaken Kyle Howell from SF also ran a 4.5 40 his sophmore year

If this is true, not many people knew about this. And I see no reason to say it isn't true. Word at these smaller schools like BL and SF don't get out like they do at the larger more power-house football schools.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:If this is true, not many people knew about this. And I see no reason to say it isn't true. Word at these smaller schools like BL and SF don't get out like they do at the larger more power-house football schools.

Not many people like to brag either. But trust me this is TRUE. A 4.5 forty is for real, been there...seen it. A couple of times even better.
Sledgehammer Wrote:Not many people like to brag either. But trust me this is TRUE. A 4.5 forty is for real, been there...seen it. A couple of times even better.

Hey, I didn't say it wasn't true. My post was supporting what the guy said
100%SUCCESS Wrote:If this is true, not many people knew about this. And I see no reason to say it isn't true. Word at these smaller schools like BL and SF don't get out like they do at the larger more power-house football schools.

That is true. There are players who could be good, but don't get recognized because they are at smaller schools.

Did you know that BL is the largest class A school that participates in football? They are not small for class A by no means. Pikeville's kids get their names out there because the coaches call every contact they can, take them to every camp, and make highlight films for upcoming seniors. Mike Copley is the hardest working coach I have ever seen at getting kids scholarships to play football. Just last week he took Daniel Harmon far a camp/visit with Ohio State.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Did you know that BL is the largest class A school that participates in football? They are not small for class A by no means. Pikeville's kids get their names out there because the coaches call every contact they can, take them to every camp, and make highlight films for upcoming seniors. Mike Copley is the hardest working coach I have ever seen at getting kids scholarships to play football. Just last week he took Daniel Harmon far a camp/visit with Ohio State.

he took the twins all over the country last year to. where did they sign with?
TRAIN85 Wrote:Did you know that BL is the largest class A school that participates in football? They are not small for class A by no means. Pikeville's kids get their names out there because the coaches call every contact they can, take them to every camp, and make highlight films for upcoming seniors. Mike Copley is the hardest working coach I have ever seen at getting kids scholarships to play football. Just last week he took Daniel Harmon far a camp/visit with Ohio State.

I'm pretty sure they are referring to the community and influence. Betsy Layne and Hi Hat are not exactly Pikeville.
launchpad4 Wrote:I'm pretty sure they are referring to the community and influence. Betsy Layne and Hi Hat are not exactly Pikeville.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!! Betsy Layne's numbers in the school are larger than Pikeville, but there is no comparison with regard to numbers on the football team, and number of football supporters around the BL area
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Thank You!!!!!!!!!!! Betsy Layne's numbers in the school are larger than Pikeville, but there is no comparison with regard to numbers on the football team, and number of football supporters around the BL area

So what you are saying is that it is Pikeville's fault that you can't play dead in a western? Schedule tough competition to get better, gets the kids out to play, and win some games. It is BL own fault from their past that they have more kids in the school than Pikeville and yet can barely field a team that is competitive.
bigpun Wrote:So what you are saying is that it is Pikeville's fault that you can't play dead in a western? Schedule tough competition to get better, gets the kids out to play, and win some games. It is BL own fault from their past that they have more kids in the school than Pikeville and yet can barely field a team that is competitive.

Easy there!!!!!!!!! "Dead in a western." Comeon, I've never played a minute on the football field. I'm making something out of myself, with my brain not my back. So playing dead in a western, makes no sense to me. And, I wasn't putting the blame on anybody! I was just stating the fact that Betsy Layne is not a powerhouse football school, therefore their boys don't get the same recognition Pikeville does or other typical football powerhouses. Whereas, some boys on their team may be able to run a 4.5 40 but noone would know about it, simply because BL doesn't compete, and are not a football school! No blame put on anyone from my post. BTW, BL's coaching staff has done what they can about getting their boy's scholarships. Several of BL players from the past are playing at the next level.
99.9% of failure comes from people that make excuses.....

The bobcats will always be competitive from this year on, and in about 10 to 12 years they will be a respected program.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:99.9% of failure comes from people that make excuses.....

The bobcats will always be competitive from this year on, and in about 10 to 12 years they will be a respected program.

What makes this season any different from last season? Not saying your wrong, just wanting to hear where your coming from with your post?
Until Betsy Layne ever does anything, I wish they would quit making threads talking about "This year is different." It is total bologna and it happens every year. I am glad that you guys have confidence to win one maybe two games. That would be really great for you guys. I do however believe that someone will come close to scoring 100 on you guys next year. The thing about that is that it is your job to stop the other team and not the other teams job to stop themselves. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I'm just having a hard time believing that there going to get any better. The Bobcats lost two play-makers last season, no one else could create any offense on the field besides Case & Blair. I respect there program and it is nice to see Betsy Layne members as confident as they are but its going to be hard for you guys to have a better season then last, although this years schedule may be easier then lasts... best of luck to the Bobcats!
Here is how it is going to be capt. dh and "haters." The bobcats have a coach coming back, and he is going to stay for a while. They havent had a stable coach in 10 years. Thats one big step forward. Here is the next step. The program that the grade school has put together is producing players that are staying at Betsy Layne. For example Nathan Martin, Casey Adkins, Dylan Maldonado which is three major producers that are all playing this year that produced very well in grade school. So the next step, we have to get players walking the halls to come out. As of yesterday while lifting we have 8 guys that are in the 9th grade through 11th grade right now are 1st year players. We have 18 lifting everyday, not counting 5 that is playing baseball and Coach parsons has schedule trips to go to grade schools to reach out to the future bobcat hopefuls.

In a matter of a year the bobcats are coming a long way, so lets just sit back and wait. Lets see what happens. And if you havent caught on yet, I am very close with the COACHING STAFF.
What's the backfield look like this season for the Bobcats. Big shoes to fill up on the hill at RB and QB.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:First off,
Bryant Tibbs 40 yard time 4.5
Robert Hall looks great on line, will help out a bunch.
Brandon Wilson 6'3 250 Tim and Ted's cousin
Aaron (house) Newsome 6'2 350
Casey Adkins (didnt play last year) 6'2 200

I dont know but the sky seems a more blue these days.

Casey Tackett is my cousin and he weighs more like 175 or 180, and he's comin back off some bad injuries...
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Quit making rude/sarcastic jokes, that are neither funny nor relevant to the topic of discussion.
Anyways, I'll say BL picks up 5 wins on the season with wins over Burch, South Floyd, Powell County, Jenkins and Phelps. JMO. And maybe sneak into the playoffs as a 4 seed.
But GOOD LUCK Bobcats on the 2008 Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BL wont beat SF, SF only lost like two or three players, no major losses, return the entire backfield, and about 18 or 19 of 22 starters...and not to mention they beat BL last year (well for the past 6 or 7yrs.)...And they also have been lifting since Nov. i think...
LeftBeaverAAU, I think you need to know something about football before you post. First of all I didnt mention Casey Tackett, I mention Casey Adkins. Second of all South Floyd, the team you claim you know may have their half back, but they lost all of their lineman not to mention Derek Triplett. So please aau understand the sport or the topic before you post, it just makes you look stupid. Also remember this topic is about Betsy Layne not South Floyd. They have their own thread.

Dont be a hater!!!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:LeftBeaverAAU, I think you need to know something about football before you post. First of all I didnt mention Casey Tackett, I mention Casey Adkins. Second of all South Floyd, the team you claim you know may have their half back, but they lost all of their lineman not to mention Derek Triplett. So please aau understand the sport or the topic before you post, it just makes you look stupid. Also remember this topic is about Betsy Layne not South Floyd. They have their own thread.

Dont be a hater!!!

My bad, both are my cousins, and u was still wrong about the weight lol...Well kid, When was the last time BL beat SF?, when was the last time they made it to the playoffs?, when was there last winning season?...BL should not open their mouths when it comes to football, until you do something worth talking about...

Oh and by the way, I just looked at BL's record against SF since 1998(far as it goes back) on khsaa.org and SF has beat them every single time, handily in most of em...And you tell me to know football before i postSmile...I remember in 2002 on sports overtime, when they told the SF and BL score(84-48), they said and no Henry Webb does not coach the football team lol
AAU seems to know a little about FB. SF may have lost Triplet but have you looked at the middle school's record in the last couple of years? I know most of those middle school players are working out everyday and looking forward to joining the high school team. Who is to say what kind of line SF will have next year. From what i have seen from BL in the last few years it will take a while for them to get a winning season. I look for SF to make a statement this year. After all Paintsville lost a lot of players as Seniors, Pikeville only has the Harmon kid this year, it will be a good season to watch and SF seem to give Paintsville a run for thier money last year. BYW when was the last time BL made the playoffs? Just wondering since SF has made it at least twice in the last 5 years.
Sledgehammer Wrote:AAU seems to know a little about FB. SF may have lost Triplet but have you looked at the middle school's record in the last couple of years? I know most of those middle school players are working out everyday and looking forward to joining the high school team. Who is to say what kind of line SF will have next year. From what i have seen from BL in the last few years it will take a while for them to get a winning season. I look for SF to make a statement this year. After all Paintsville lost a lot of players as Seniors, Pikeville only has the Harmon kid this year, it will be a good season to watch and SF seem to give Paintsville a run for thier money last year. BYW when was the last time BL made the playoffs? Just wondering since SF has made it at least twice in the last 5 years.

I am glad you think that all Pikeville has is Harmon. You will see!
Sledgehammer Wrote:AAU seems to know a little about FB. SF may have lost Triplet but have you looked at the middle school's record in the last couple of years? I know most of those middle school players are working out everyday and looking forward to joining the high school team. Who is to say what kind of line SF will have next year. From what i have seen from BL in the last few years it will take a while for them to get a winning season. I look for SF to make a statement this year. After all Paintsville lost a lot of players as Seniors, Pikeville only has the Harmon kid this year, it will be a good season to watch and SF seem to give Paintsville a run for thier money last year. BYW when was the last time BL made the playoffs? Just wondering since SF has made it at least twice in the last 5 years.

I find it funny how South Floyd has all of a sudden become a Football powerhouse!!!!! You're comparing yourself with Betsy Layne. Come back to Reality. The 2 P-ville's will still run the show in this weak district.
I did not compare SF to BL. Did not say SF was going to be a powerhouse. Just stated a few facts. :popcorn: