Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicknames of Mountain Players?
Redneck Wrote:Regardless their "nicknames" were ripped off the And 1 guys.

So what??? was yours ripped off from Kahns???
KCC's Shaun Mosley is known as Rube
From KCC

Braxton Ratlift- B-rat
Logan Bartrum- Banie
Zack Mullins- Tiny

I believe that these boys have had their nicknames since grade school.
I'm not for sure though..

oh gosh..its a sin to have the same nickname as someone else...what was i thinking
hornetfan Wrote:So what??? was yours ripped off from Kahns???
Mine has nothin to do with the sandwich meat for one, and two Kahns don't call theirs "Bologna Pony".
LCHSBOBCATS Wrote:oh gosh..its a sin to have the same nickname as someone else...what was i thinking

No it's not a sin, it would be different if one or two of the players had the And 1
nicknames but half your team has em.
I helped with the nicknames for the Lee County kids. I announce the games and thought it would be fun. I was not sure what "and 1 " was until these posts. As I am up in years I found out that I have not kept up with basketball culture. We also are working on a introduction light and sound show. It may be similar to someone else's but not by coping but by coincidence. We are not using anyones that I know of. A little explanation. A-Train because Aaron's name, Professer due to Josh's gpa, Big Show due to Jareds size, also Jared was also called J-rod. So sorry if anyone got worried about little ole Lee doing something fun for the kids and the fans.
JOBAKKA Wrote:I helped with the nicknames for the Lee County kids. I announce the games and thought it would be fun. I was not sure what "and 1 " was until these posts. As I am up in years I found out that I have not kept up with basketball culture. We also are working on a introduction light and sound show. It may be similar to someone else's but not by coping but by coincidence. We are not using anyones that I know of. A little explanation. A-Train because Aaron's name, Professer due to Josh's gpa, Big Show due to Jareds size, also Jared was also called J-rod. So sorry if anyone got worried about little ole Lee doing something fun for the kids and the fans.
I like to watch a good pregame show and it gets teams pumped up and it good for the kids...I think that Letcher Central has a good one. JBS started a new thing at the first of the year with spotlights and good stuff but went away from it after a few games.
[quote=KCCHS2010]From KCC

Logan Bartrum- Banie
QUOTE]
Thats a guy that lives in Beaver that went to KCC, but didnt play ball.
RavenBoy Wrote:[quote=KCCHS2010]From KCC

Logan Bartrum- Banie
QUOTE]
Thats a guy that lives in Beaver that went to KCC, but didnt play ball.

I don't know the guy that your refering to.
But I'm also not sure how Logan got the nickname.
I'm sure theres some kind of interesting story behind.
Everythings interesting when it comes to Logan.
ha.
Redneck Wrote:Alot of the boys and my uncle still call me Bologna, lol. My uncle will call me that til the day one of us die.

Haha oh man. Did it ever get on your nerves? Or were you used to it?
Redneck Wrote:Mine has nothin to do with the sandwich meat for one, and two Kahns don't call theirs "Bologna Pony".

I don't believe they do...lol. That won't ever get old man!!
bluegrassballa Wrote:Haha oh man. Did it ever get on your nerves? Or were you used to it?

I was use to it. That name has been with me since I was about 6 years old, lol.
KCCHS2010 Wrote:[quote=RavenBoy]

I don't know the guy that your refering to.
But I'm also not sure how Logan got the nickname.
I'm sure theres some kind of interesting story behind.
Everythings interesting when it comes to Logan.
ha.

I believe he got that name because he used to have fighting chickens.
I am glad that I started this post because sometimes it is fun to get away from the routine threads that people argue about...
Redneck Wrote:I was use to it. That name has been with me since I was about 6 years old, lol.

Ok, lol. I remember in 7th grade, I was given the name, J-Lo. Because of my name. And I hated it. I never wanted anybody to call me that. But now, I've gottn used to it. Now everybody calls me that. Teachers, coaches, and family.
One of the all-time greats was Todd "Heff" Conley, got the name young since he was as big as a heffer cow as a kid. Still the only player I have ever heard of to register a quintuple-double. Double digit points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in the same game, unreal. Talk about a guy who had the green light from anywhere on the court, watched him take 52 shots, yes 52 in a game against Belfry, too bad he only scored 51 points.
A-TRAIN Wrote:One of the all-time greats was Todd "Heff" Conley, got the name young since he was as big as a heffer cow as a kid. Still the only player I have ever heard of to register a quintuple-double. Double digit points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in the same game, unreal. Talk about a guy who had the green light from anywhere on the court, watched him take 52 shots, yes 52 in a game against Belfry, too bad he only scored 51 points.
Heff only took 52 shots in a game? He must have been sick that night or something. LOL!!

Well. This is such an interesting arguement. Like others have said before, who cares who or what had these nicknames before. They have them for the fun of it. I am sure other people in some small town in this country have the nickname "bologna." Does that mean you have ripped them off as well? No, it does not. Let it be man.
FrAnKeE Wrote:Well. This is such an interesting arguement. Like others have said before, who cares who or what had these nicknames before. They have them for the fun of it. I am sure other people in some small town in this country have the nickname "bologna." Does that mean you have ripped them off as well? No, it does not. Let it be man.
I ain't the only one who said it, so why single me out on the whole thing.
Redneck Wrote:I ain't the only one who said it, so why single me out on the whole thing.

No harm intended towards you. I really did not mean to single you out. It just makes me laugh. People can make some foolish remarks over a subject like this one, that has nothing to do with anything.