Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicknames of Mountain Players?
I thought that Buttermilk from Knott Co. is one of the coolest nicknames of any kid in the mountains. What are some other good nicknames in the mountains?
Eric Ison, the 6'8" junior from Letcher Central is nicknamed "The Stork"
uk96 Wrote:I thought that Buttermilk from Knott Co. is one of the coolest nicknames of any kid in the mountains. What are some other good nicknames in the mountains?

Buttermilk has had his nickname since he was little and playing gradeschool ball. It has been with him forever.
im going to have to go with hobo from pc.
Tim Honaker from Pikeville is called Stitch because he "Threads the Needle" and because of his infatuation with embroidering and Emroid Me.
Bacon, Taylor Newsome from Valley.
Lee County Has Severly Players With Nicknames They Have The Professor, Sunshine, Sweatpea, A-train , But I Cant Remember The Rest. When You Play At Lee Co. Thats The Way They Announce Them When They Score. Actually I Thought It Was Kind Of Weird Because I Was Told That The Players Picked Their On Nicknames...
For Prestonsburg...

Jordan Hall - "Cash Money" & "3-Ball Hall"
Jody Tackett - "Automatic Tackett"
Nathaniel Stephens - "G-Nat"
Taylor Clark - "Who's Your Daddy?"
JBS's Shane Slone RIMHANGERSmile
uk hoops Wrote:Lee County Has Severly Players With Nicknames They Have The Professor, Sunshine, Sweatpea, A-train , But I Cant Remember The Rest. When You Play At Lee Co. Thats The Way They Announce Them When They Score. Actually I Thought It Was Kind Of Weird Because I Was Told That The Players Picked Their On Nicknames...

So they pretty much all got their nicknames from the And-1 tour?...lol
vundy33 Wrote:So they pretty much all got their nicknames from the And-1 tour?...lol

I knew I had heard those names before!
uk hoops Wrote:Lee County Has Severly Players With Nicknames They Have The Professor, Sunshine, Sweatpea, A-train , But I Cant Remember The Rest. When You Play At Lee Co. Thats The Way They Announce Them When They Score. Actually I Thought It Was Kind Of Weird Because I Was Told That The Players Picked Their On Nicknames...

Those ain't nicknames, there ripoffs...
Isnt this a fun thread...
I like "Buttermilk" the best followed closely by "Hobo"
Ripping off And-1 nicknames..i see a law suit coming..shame shame shame..jkBig Grin
My nickname was "The Bologna Pony" when I was in high school. They didn't announce it over the speaker or use it on the radio, but all the boys and pep section called me that. I got that nickname when I prolly 7-8 years old from my uncle, my older cousin started callin me that when I got to middle school and it just stuck.
Bologna Pony is a beautiful name lol
I have been to a couple of Pike Central's home games and the announcer says "HOBO" over the speaker and he is called "Hobo" on the radio also.
The nicknames from Lee County are:
Josh Drake-The Professor
Shane Taulbee- Dan the Man Taulbee
Tyler Campbell-Sunshine
Aaron Charles-A-Trane
Jared Pelfrey-The Big Show

and they didnt give themselves the nicknames they were given to them by their jv coach like 1-2 years ago
LCHSBOBCATS Wrote:The nicknames from Lee County are:
Josh Drake-The Professor
Shane Taulbee- Dan the Man Taulbee
Tyler Campbell-Sunshine
Aaron Charles-A-Trane
Jared Pelfrey-The Big Show

and they didnt give themselves the nicknames they were given to them by their jv coach like 1-2 years ago
Regardless their "nicknames" were ripped off the And 1 guys.
Redneck Wrote:My nickname was "The Bologna Pony" when I was in high school. They didn't announce it over the speaker or use it on the radio, but all the boys and pep section called me that. I got that nickname when I prolly 7-8 years old from my uncle, my older cousin started callin me that when I got to middle school and it just stuck.

Haha...that is my favorite by a long shot! Smile
bluegrassballa Wrote:Haha...that is my favorite by a long shot! Smile

Alot of the boys and my uncle still call me Bologna, lol. My uncle will call me that til the day one of us die.
hammertime Wrote:Tim Honaker from Pikeville is called Stitch because he "Threads the Needle" and because of his infatuation with embroidering and Emroid Me.
this is hilariousSmile
Josh Head from BL has two. Goober and Head.
hammertime Wrote:Tim Honaker from Pikeville is called Stitch because he "Threads the Needle" and because of his infatuation with embroidering and Emroid Me.
By the way that's great haha.
hobo-pikeville or bacon- shelby valley
I love going to the PCC-Hazard games and hear the colorful names that the pep sections give the opposing players...
J-DUB23 Wrote:I have been to a couple of Pike Central's home games and the announcer says "HOBO" over the speaker and he is called "Hobo" on the radio also.

Which one is Hobo? I forgot :confused:
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Which one is Hobo? I forgot :confused:
Freddie McCoy
Knott Co. Central own michael lindon was ( FLY ).