Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perry Central
(07-12-2024, 10:37 PM)IntheZone Wrote: Heard P-burg and Floyd central both looked better than Perry today at a passing game. Any truth to that?
Perry only had 1 qb there, the Maggard kid he had 0 interceptions throughout the whole day. They rotated their 1st and 2nd string every play, The Johnson kid I heard went to a camp, and In my opinion perry didn't do terrible but could've done better, Floyd has a lot to work on looks like the kid at qb and the wr's are a young bunch and it shows they threw a lot of interceptions, but they will get better as the season progresses. Prestonsburg's offense was the only ones moving the ball down the field while the other teams stayed on the 40 and completed some good plays and scored some touchdowns, The Elliot kid is fast and the Prestonsburg qb has a nice arm for a sophomore, but their defense needs some work.

Good to see all the teams competing though and glad there were no injuries. Best of luck to all 3 teams this year.
(07-12-2024, 06:40 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 06:26 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Perry Central has had some solid WR in its time.
We have had some dandies and I’ve been around for about everyone of them and I’m telling you Noah is the best we’ve had at that position hands down!  Take him off last years team, we win 2 maybe 3 games and our passing game is non existent, he had a lot to do with putting our QB and our running back in college on scholarships.  Take Noah off that team, and it’s a different outcome all together.
Just curious as to what running back Perry has playing in college?  Don’t recall of any getting a scholly.
(07-13-2024, 09:46 AM)DukeBoy Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 06:26 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Perry Central has had some solid WR in its time.
We have had some dandies and I’ve been around for about everyone of them and I’m telling you Noah is the best we’ve had at that position hands down!  Take him off last years team, we win 2 maybe 3 games and our passing game is non existent, he had a lot to do with putting our QB and our running back in college on scholarships.  Take Noah off that team, and it’s a different outcome all together.
Just curious as to what running back Perry has playing in college?  Don’t recall of any getting a scholly.
Jackson got scholarship offers and so did slone.   But it is what it is.

(07-13-2024, 09:46 AM)DukeBoy Wrote:
Slone came to Perry to have great recievers , at kcc he just didn’t have those options, once he got here he and Jackson flourished because our recievers especially Noah ..  Peopledontnlike hearing that, but take him off the team and Jackson run game is t there and slone don’t have the recievers to get his scholarship
Jet fighter I'm not sure if you go out of your way to make people resent you an noah but you do it very successfully. Luckily for noah no college coaches read this but they are on Facebook an did you know they look at the families when they recruit these kids as well they watch to see how parents talk about their kids their team mates an how they handle winning an losing as much as they look at the kid an fortunately you are anonymous on here but you try to take away from every other kid on pcc team an want to credit everyone on the teams success to the great noah kilburn an that is ridiculous take him off the team they win 2 or 3 games might as well say everybody on the team sucks but noah an the thing is those kids an parents see this garbage an then wonder why people have hard feelings at you an noah an talk crap about Noah an it will continue until you stop an his dad stops on Facebook cause between you an his dad his teammates can't stand him his coaches tolerate him cause he is a decent player an has some potential but you make it hard to root for a kid when you constantly put others down to lift him up an I don't even want go see I don't do that cause proof is in the pudding an it's all over the basketball an football threads
(07-13-2024, 02:33 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Jet fighter I'm not sure if you go out of your way to make people resent you a noah but you do it very successfully. Luckily for noah no college coaches read this but they are on Facebook an did you know they look at the families when they recruit these kids as well they watch to see how parents talk about their kids their team mates an how they handle winning an losing as much as they look at the kid an fortunately you are anonymous on here but you try to take away from every other kid on pcc team an want to credit everyone on the teams success to the great noah kilburn an that is ridiculous take him off the team they win 2 or 3 games might as well say everybody on the team sucks but noah an the thing is those kids an parents see this garbage an then wonder why people have hard feelings at you an noah an talk crap about Noah an it will continue until you stop an his dad stops on Facebook cause between you an his dad his teammates can't stand him his coaches tolerate him cause he is a decent player an has some potential but you make it hard to root for a kid when you constantly put others down to lift him up an I don't even want go see I don't do that cause proof is in the pudding an it's all over the basketball an football threads
Not disrespecting anyone. I love all the kids. But the truth is the truth. Can you honestly say Perry wins 7 games last year without Noah and can you at least admit, he’s at least helped get those boys noticed somewhat and helped them get a scholarship?
Talking about football is what we all do, but I would not be directing negativity towards any of our student athletes. I am going to make it a point to start laying the hammer down on posters who want to throw shade towards our kids. So, in saying that, please no negativity towards a student athlete or his family.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TheStickyBandit
I think those boys coaches their hard work an all of their teammates helped get them scholarships not just noah that's why football is a team sport you so desperately want to make every thing about Noah an it's sad an pathetic. Yes I truly think Perry could have won 7 games without Noah but could Noah win 7 games without the rest of his team?
(07-13-2024, 04:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Talking about football is what we all do, but I would not be directing negativity towards any of our student athletes. I am going to make it a point to start laying the hammer down on posters who want to throw shade towards our kids. So, in saying that, please no negativity towards a student athlete or his family.

Here is the rule BGR has in place:

3. Racist, homophobic, or sexist comments will not be tolerated. You are free to express your opinion on any issue with the exception of derogatory or inappropriate comments. Making false claims will result in Suspension. Attempts to discuss criminal behavior of student-athletes is not permitted in the high school forums. Responsible discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted. Obey all applicable country, state, and federal laws when using this site. Any illegal activity will be handed over to the appropriate authorities which could result in you being criminally prosecuted.

Even if a story is true about a student athlete, it still isn't permitted to be discussed. Most often, stories are fluid and most of the time even litigious. These issues are never reported accurately, even with substantiation.

The last thing in the world anyone should do, is hinder or hurt a student athlete.

I appreciate your understanding.
And with this I'm out every pcc post gets hijacked by Jet to turn it into a mission to get one kid noticed as well as basketball threads or any other football thread about mountain football
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bigbluewarehouse's post:
  • LameDawg
(07-13-2024, 04:25 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: And with this I'm out every pcc post gets hijacked by Jet to turn it into a mission to get one kid noticed as well as basketball threads or any other football thread about mountain football

I'll say it as nice as I can. Guys talk football all you want. No harm in talking football. Keep thread on topic Please. Thanks. Bull.
(07-13-2024, 04:33 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-13-2024, 04:25 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: And with this I'm out every pcc post gets hijacked by Jet to turn it into a mission to get one kid noticed as well as basketball threads or any other football thread about mountain football

I'll say it as nice as I can. Guys talk football all you want. No harm in talking football. Keep thread on topic Please. Thanks. Bull.
Thank you.  I shouldn’t have to keep defending a kid.  Let’s keep it on football topic.
No and you shouldn't continue putting down the whole football team either
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bigbluewarehouse's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(07-13-2024, 05:53 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: No and you shouldn't continue putting down the whole football team either
I never put down one kid.  That’s ridiculous
Is Noah going to be a Eagle or Commordore?
(07-14-2024, 02:40 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Is Noah going to be a Eagle or Commordore?

The world may never know!!
(07-14-2024, 03:00 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(07-14-2024, 02:40 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Is Noah going to be a Eagle or Commordore?

And may not matter much. But I have learned that Crisp from Breathitt has gone to Leslie. Which probably doesn’t matter a lot either.

I would say at this point in time, Noah will be a Commodore if I were a betting man.  May be time to put in a Wildcat Package for him.  Get him the ball and let him run it to.

he wasn't at the perry 7 on 7 so I'm guessing an eagle, we will all see at powell county this friday its leslie's first 7 on 7.
(07-14-2024, 06:18 PM)EastKentuckyHeisman Wrote:

he wasn't at the perry 7 on 7 so I'm guessing an eagle, we will all see at powell county this friday its leslie's first 7 on 7.
He was at Leslie County’s practice yesterday evening.
(07-16-2024, 01:43 PM)FoosBall 2019 Wrote:
(07-14-2024, 06:18 PM)EastKentuckyHeisman Wrote:

He was at Leslie County’s practice yesterday evening.
Well well well
I bet John Noble is happy to get him back.
I don't know Noah or his family personally, but it may be the best thing for him and Perry if he did transfer. Too much drama seems to surround this kid, regardless if it's warranted or not. Like I said, I don't know this family, but from everything I have gathered on this site, there seems to be some unrealistic expectations set forth by his family. Hopefully, everything works out for both parties. I look for Perry to have a solid team, but they will only go as far as their Quarterback will take them. I look for them to have a strong running game, and if Johnson can keep defenses honest, they will be a hard team to slow down. They will be able to beat some teams on their schedule with the run game, but to be competitive against legit competition they must be able to throw the ball. Perry is too well coached not to put together a solid year.
What’s everyone’s prediction for game one? I got somerset by 24
(07-18-2024, 04:15 PM)beercanchicken Wrote: What’s everyone’s prediction for game one?      I got somerset by 24
Same thing was said last year and we beat Somerset.  Nothing has changed except it’s at their place.  They may win but it’ll be a close one.

(07-17-2024, 03:05 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: I don't know Noah or his family personally, but it may be the best thing for him and Perry if he did transfer. Too much drama seems to surround this kid, regardless if it's warranted or not. Like I said, I don't know this family, but from everything I have gathered on this site, there seems to be some unrealistic expectations set forth by his family. Hopefully, everything works out for both parties. I look for Perry to have a solid team, but they will only go as far as their Quarterback will take them. I look for them to have a strong running game, and if Johnson can keep defenses honest, they will be a hard team to slow down. They will be able to beat some teams on their schedule with the run game, but to be competitive against legit competition they must be able to throw the ball. Perry is too well coached not to put together a solid year.
Without good receivers the QB is irrelevant unless he’s a running QB.
(07-18-2024, 05:12 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [quote="beercanchicken" pid="2458970" dateline="1721330103"]
What’s everyone’s prediction for game one?      I got somerset by 24
Same thing was said last year and we beat Somerset.  Nothing has changed except it’s at their place.  They may win but it’ll be a close one.

The location has changed....and I'm guessing we won't have the officiating crew that botched the end of the game last year and sealed the win.
[-] The following 3 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse, TheRampageRooster, TheStickyBandit
So How the scrimmage go?
Not heard anything about scrimmage vs Pike co central. Any info on scrimmage
(08-11-2024, 12:26 AM)Statebound19 Wrote: Not heard anything about scrimmage vs Pike co central. Any info on scrimmage
Perry won in varsity play throughout the day 35-14 pike centrals 2 scores was on the 2nd string secondary. Wasnt there to watch the jv portion. Tate watts had 2 tds, Colin combs had 2 tds and a fumble, and a backup wr had 1 td. The Johnson kid threw for 2 touchdowns and 1 interception and the maggard kid threw for 1 touchdown. Perry’s starting D looked pretty good. Offense was a little shaky in some parts but that’s to be expected for every team at the start of the year. As for pike central they looked better then they did last year in my opinion seems like older and more mature team.
(07-18-2024, 05:12 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(07-18-2024, 04:15 PM)beercanchicken Wrote: What’s everyone’s prediction for game one?      I got somerset by 24

(07-17-2024, 03:05 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: I don't know Noah or his family personally, but it may be the best thing for him and Perry if he did transfer. Too much drama seems to surround this kid, regardless if it's warranted or not. Like I said, I don't know this family, but from everything I have gathered on this site, there seems to be some unrealistic expectations set forth by his family. Hopefully, everything works out for both parties. I look for Perry to have a solid team, but they will only go as far as their Quarterback will take them. I look for them to have a strong running game, and if Johnson can keep defenses honest, they will be a hard team to slow down. They will be able to beat some teams on their schedule with the run game, but to be competitive against legit competition they must be able to throw the ball. Perry is too well coached not to put together a solid year.
Without good receivers the QB is irrelevant unless he’s a running QB.
I’ve been around football my whole life. I can truly say I’ve saw some questionable calls but the Perry/Somerset game last season was the most poorly officiated game I’ve ever watched. That game was just flat out taken from Somerset by the officials. If not for that Perry gets blown out.
[-] The following 3 users Like SpaceMountain19's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse, TheRampageRooster, Walt Longmire
Didn’t look so good during scrimmage I heard. Not a good sign if they going to struggle against pike central . What’s the problem ?