Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pikeville 21 Johnson Central 14
(08-27-2023, 05:34 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Pikeville vs Boyle County next year. Get it done please!
You will see next week how Pikeville would be against Boyle. LCA battled with them but still lost by 10. My only worry about Pikeville this season was OL line and they have came together faster than I thought and are playing outstanding. Defense is stout. LCA game will be another big test that I believe they are up to. This schedule is preparing them for another run at the Championship. If they stay healthy #8 is theirs to lose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • Fanatic42
This was an absolute battle between two really good teams.  I hope that the injured players from both squads have speedy recoveries.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!
(08-27-2023, 09:04 AM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 07:31 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 01:53 AM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 12:57 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Johnson Central will never beat the big boys again. it wont matter which string plays.
Hahaha, dropping a bunch of duds, eh dougie?

No.
Don't kid yourself... Smile Smile

I wasn't kidding. A blind man can see that Johnson Central competing for state championships is over with.
(08-27-2023, 10:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 01:53 AM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 12:57 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Johnson Central will never beat the big boys again. it wont matter which string plays.
Hahaha, dropping a bunch of duds, eh dougie?

No.

I wasn't kidding. A blind man can see that the days of  Johnson Central competing for state championships is over with.
(08-27-2023, 09:38 AM)Truewords Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 05:34 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Pikeville vs Boyle County next year. Get it done please!
You will see next week how Pikeville would be against Boyle. LCA battled with them but still lost by 10. My only worry about Pikeville this season was OL line and they have came together faster than I thought and are playing outstanding. Defense is stout. LCA game will be another big test that I believe they are up to. This schedule is preparing them for another run at the Championship. If they stay healthy #8 is theirs to lose.

They'll definitely be battle tested, and they couldn't ask for a better coach.
(08-27-2023, 10:03 AM)Westside Wrote: This was an absolute battle between two really good teams.  I hope that the injured players from both squads have speedy recoveries.

I always hate to see injuries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers
As both a Raceland and Ashland fan I believe Johnson Central is the best mountain team from the last decade. Over the years if Raceland was playing Pikeville I always felt we had a chance, when Ashland played Johnson Central I always felt like we were on our way to the principal's office to get a reality check. The path to a championship in 4A is probably the toughest road to travel right now, 1A offers the path of least resistance. Pikeville has an amazing team and an outstanding program and they are poised to make a run but they are definitely the big fish in the small pond. If championships are the standard then Pikeville will be the mountain program in the foreseeable future. But make no mistake, if these two teams continue to play Pikeville will soon be headed to the principal's office.
(08-27-2023, 11:04 AM)i82much Wrote: As both a Raceland and Ashland fan I believe Johnson Central is the best mountain team from the last decade. Over the years if Raceland was playing Pikeville I always felt we had a chance, when Ashland played Johnson Central I always felt like we were on our way to the principal's office to get a reality check. The path to a championship in 4A is probably the toughest road to travel right now, 1A offers the path of least resistance. Pikeville has an amazing team and an outstanding program and they are poised to make a run but they are definitely the big fish in the small pond. If championships are the standard then Pikeville will be the mountain program in the foreseeable future. But make no mistake, if these two teams continue to play Pikeville will soon be headed to the principal's office.

Pikeville is the principal and will continue to spank some hind end when other teams visit their office.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot, Panther Thunder
^^^Make no mistake i82much, Pikeville won...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • i82much
(08-27-2023, 11:04 AM)i82much Wrote: As both a Raceland and Ashland fan I believe Johnson Central is the best mountain team from the last decade. Over the years if Raceland was playing Pikeville I always felt we had a chance, when Ashland played Johnson Central I always felt like we were on our way to the principal's office to get a reality check. The path to a championship in 4A is probably the toughest road to travel right now, 1A offers the path of least resistance. Pikeville has an amazing team and an outstanding program and they are poised to make a run but they are definitely the big fish in the small pond. If championships are the standard then Pikeville will be the mountain program in the foreseeable future. But make no mistake, if these two teams continue to play Pikeville will soon be headed to the principal's office.
I think things have changed and now Raceland is in the same principals office situation.  We haven’t had a competitive game with Pikeville in 4 years and this year doesn’t seem to be changing that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • i82much
Class snobs, Where are They Now?  Watch a new episode on Monday on VH-1 .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Panther Thunder
(08-27-2023, 11:11 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
I think things have changed and now Raceland is in the same principals office situation.  We haven’t had a competitive game with Pikeville in 4 years and this year doesn’t seem to be changing that.

I remember Hazard, Raceland and Williamsburg competing with  Pikeville every year, with Williamsburg representing the East for a couple years, then I picked on Jet for a few years saying Williamsburg would win again, but now I can't even joke about that. Raceland  is the only 1A team that can compete with them now, but Pikeville is on another level. They have a great coach that has returned that program to the glory days.
(08-27-2023, 01:53 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: Hahaha, dropping a bunch of duds, eh dougie?

No.

I wasn't kidding. A blind man can see that the days of  Johnson Central competing for state championships is over with.

(08-27-2023, 12:51 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 12:41 AM)Woodshed Wrote: Congratulations Pikevilles you guys are a very good football team, and I think my Eagles will be ok also.

(08-27-2023, 12:40 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Good RPI win for the mountain putty tats. That JC offense is not what it used to be.
JC was using 3rd string RB and McCoart didn't play, JC will be fine.

excuses.

(08-27-2023, 01:53 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: Hahaha, dropping a bunch of duds, eh dougie?

No.

(08-27-2023, 11:19 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I remember Hazard, Raceland and Williamsburg competing with  Pikeville every year, with Williamsburg representing the East for a couple years, then I picked on Jet for a few years saying Williamsburg would win again, but now I can't even joke about that. Raceland  is the only 1A team that can compete with them now, but Pikeville is on another level. They have a great coach that has returned that program to the glory days.

Can't argue with that brother, I feel like we are headed to the principal's office this week.....

I think you're correct, at least for now.
(08-27-2023, 12:53 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Everybody was giving Ashland no chance against JC. I believe the putty tats can play with JC.
Seems like I've heard that before, many times !!

No.

I'm sure JC would be glad to schedule mighty Whitley any time. Lol

I bleed black and gold but all these kids are our kids, Eastern Kentucky kids. We should be proud of each and every one of em and enjoy watching them play hard and pray they stay injury free.
[-] The following 2 users Like Woodshed's post:
  • Patriot1, pjdoug
(08-27-2023, 11:23 AM)Woodshed Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 07:31 AM)pjdoug Wrote: No.

(08-27-2023, 12:41 AM)Woodshed Wrote: Congratulations Pikevilles you guys are a very good football team, and I think my Eagles will be ok also.

(08-27-2023, 12:40 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Good RPI win for the mountain putty tats. That JC offense is not what it used to be.

excuses.

(08-27-2023, 07:31 AM)pjdoug Wrote: No.

Are you trying to imply that they have sunk to the depths of Whitley County?

mI wasn't kidding. A blind man can see that the days of  Johnson Central competing for state championships is over with.
Dougie, Are you trying to imply that they have sunk to the level of Whitley County?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bob Seger's post:
  • Woodshed
Can you imagine what Johnson Centrals backfield would be like if Caudill would have stayed in Johnson County? His dad went to Johnson Central and is my wife’s cousin.
Where is Hoot Gibson he didn’t surrender in Atlanta this week.
(08-27-2023, 05:00 PM)64SUR Wrote: Where is Hoot Gibson he didn’t surrender in Atlanta this week.

[Image: https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.8e2071123...UVNkSQI%3d]
(08-27-2023, 03:55 PM)Bob Seger Wrote: Can you imagine what Johnson Centrals backfield would be like if Caudill would have stayed in Johnson County? His dad went to Johnson Central and is my wife’s cousin.

He lives with his mother who was born and raised in Pikeville and is a PHS grad.
Came up through Pikeville system. Had an older brother play for Pikeville, maybe 2.
Others who know more can elaborate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Johnson Central is better than I thought.

Injuries have killed their backfield and did in this game.

Pikeville will cakewalk to 1A title. It will never be within doubt.
(08-27-2023, 05:53 PM)RTruth Wrote: Johnson Central is better than I thought.

Injuries have killed their backfield and did in this game.

Pikeville will cakewalk to 1A title. It will never be within doubt.

Johnson Central is gonna be a very tough out come playoff time. They were better than I anticipated as well, their backup RBs were pretty darn good and once they get everyone healthy they will have a very nice stable of RBs that will slice defenses up.

I would love to see the Panthers win title #8 this season and they are deservingly the favorite. Raceland played 4A Ashland tough at Putnam and through the first 2 weeks it seems the Tomcats are pretty good this season. I thought the Rams going to 4A Letcher County and winning convincingly was a pretty impressive win. Admittedly, I don't know much about the Cougars this season besides that they beat a decent Shelby Valley team in week 1. They have been getting better as a program though and almost went into Paintsville and beat Johnson Central late last season losing by 1 point. Maybe the Cougars lost a lot but going into Letcher County and leaving with a 20 point win says to me that Raceland is a legit contender

Anything can happen on any given night we all know that but realistically it's hard to find another Class A team besides Raceland that can matchup with the Panthers and have a shot to beat them. As far as these 2 teams go we will find out in 2 weeks. I think it's great they're playing in the regular season and hopefully they will continue to do so because both teams benefit from that game.

Pikeville will definitely have their hands full next weekend in Lexington, LCA is gonna be very tough to beat but I'm very excited about this season for my Panthers. The young guys are ahead of schedule for what I personally expected, they are only gonna get better each week.
(08-27-2023, 03:40 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 09:04 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: Don't kid yourself... Smile Smile

excuses.

(08-27-2023, 09:04 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: Don't kid yourself... Smile Smile

Are you trying to imply that they have sunk to the depths of Whitley County?

mI wasn't kidding. A blind man can see that the days of  Johnson Central competing for state championships is over with.

I don't imply.
Lordy what a slobber knocker. The mountain boys are tough as nails. Great game to watch!!
Not surprised, Pikeville is going to be tough to beat this year. Looking forward to their matchup with LCA, hope I can make it!
(08-27-2023, 08:29 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 03:40 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 10:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I wasn't kidding. A blind man can see that the days of  Johnson Central competing for state championships is over with.

excuses.

(08-27-2023, 10:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Are you trying to imply that they have sunk to the depths of Whitley County?

I don't imply.
OK, I get it then..So you are saying they have sunk to the level of a team they could pound by 5 or 6 TD's Very good Dougie...Aint trolling fun...hahaha
  • pjdoug
(08-27-2023, 05:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 03:55 PM)Bob Seger Wrote: Can you imagine what Johnson Centrals backfield would be like if Caudill would have stayed in Johnson County? His dad went to Johnson Central and is my wife’s cousin.

He lives with his mother who was born and raised in Pikeville and is a PHS grad.
Came up through Pikeville system. Had an older brother play for Pikeville, maybe 2.
He's in my wife's family JP, thru his dad, I'm not an expert on the geneology breakdown.
  • jetpilot
(08-27-2023, 11:37 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 05:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

He's in my wife's family JP, thru his dad, I'm not an expert on the geneology breakdown.

Me neither Bob, just didn’t want people to think he transferred in when a RB spot opened up lol.
He’s a Pikeville kid.
good game by to very good teams an coach's